News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

trainplane3

You can't beat some watermarking of Disney internal artwork!
I completely glossed over that watermark somehow. Not sure why they'd watermark publicly released art that multiple sites have. Oh well.

Love the directional signage. Less to see but we need more ugly stickers on buildings.
They just want to make sure people know there is something on the other side of those walls 🤣

This park is a freaking mess.

We had someone that had never been to WDW before call us the day before they visited on my trip last week. They couldn't wait to see Epcot but since they only had one day to see a park, we sent them to MK instead. After giving them a crash course on the app and guiding them around the park for 3 hours (did Buzz, PM, CoP, and HM), turned them loose. They had a blast.

FigmentFan82

It absolutely should, but they seem to have no interest in that.

Future World desperately needs another place that serves breakfast; Sunshine Seasons is the only place I can think of off the top of my head. Unless you want to count Starbucks, which has horrendous, inedible food and shouldn't be in EPCOT anyways.
Garden Grill

MatheusPG

Hi all. Epcot's closed:
Flier_EpcotWallMap_02162020-1_20200214105008797.jpg

And it looks like (non-pink) concrete work to the left of SSE is finishing up in time:
spaceship-earth-walkway-construction-02132020-2.jpg

And some really big stickers:
spaceship-earth-directional-signage-4.jpg

It's just me or are you guys seeing that there is some kind of tape above the Mission: Space name that is the same size of the name Test Track? If I am not being crazy, then this sticker is not temporary...

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Here is a farewell gallery from Electric Umbrella.

I loved Electric Umbrella. Not because the food was great or anything like that, but because every time I went in there it gave me a massive nostalgia blast of being like 10 or 11 and eating there. Since it was basically unchanged from the mid-90s, there was always a small part of my brain that could pretend I was going to walk outside and Future World was going to still have Horizons, Wonders of Life, Seabase Alpha, and the original Imagination pavilion.

Last edited:

RoysCabin

I loved Electric Umbrella. Not because the food was great or anything like that, but because every time I went in there it gave me a massive nostalgia blast of being like 10 or 11 and eating there. Since it was basically unchanged from then, there was always a small part of my brain that could pretend I was going to walk outside and Future World was going to still have Horizons, Wonders of Life, Seabase Alpha, and the original Imagination pavilion.
I know what you mean: not at all a destination for eating (though it was fun sitting in there with my baby nephew this past summer for a little bit), but the nostalgia is real.

Plus, the signage and logos all over the place are some of Rolly Crump's final designs for Imagineering!

Fear

It's just me or are you guys seeing that there is some kind of tape above the Mission: Space name that is the same size of the name Test Track? If I am not being crazy, then this sticker is not temporary...

I mean, this bypass will be in effect for a while, like it or not.

ImperfectPixie

It's still there with "Pin Central" signage but they sell the "new" Epcot merch now, no pins.
Also:

7mASBcD.jpg

twGJKde.jpg

IO08ev7.jpg

wiz19Jb.jpg

And some poorly shot, extremely rushed pictures of the "stars":
8J08Wv9.jpg

4sB2LDi.jpg

This is one of those removals that really causes me heart-ache...we have such happy memories of taking a break there and watching our boys playing and dancing with the lights. 😭😭😭

trainplane3

This is one of those removals that really causes me heart-ache...we have such happy memories of taking a break there and watching our boys playing and dancing with the lights. 😭😭😭
If there's anything I'm happy about, it's that it's not a hard effect to bring back. No turntable, hydraulic, yeti trickery here. Just some basic fiber optics. This seems like such a shoe in for the new Epcot. They want it to be more "magical"? Have these leading up to the drinking table on that weird pink pathway. Have them scattered around the neighborhoods.

In the art, they show off that Avatar Wishing tree. Why not have a new version of these around it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom