News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Josh Hendy

Is the empty quadrant in the lower left for "future merchandising opportunities to serve our guests better"? Have a feeling it's not for show buildings.

NB: not a complaint

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 If they tore down the former Odyssey, is there room to build another pavilion in that space or are they unable to build anything significantly larger than the current building for various reasons?
It’d possibly be more trouble than it’s worth. It also holds the main cast canteen and first aid, and half the building is actually supported on stilts above the lake, which extends quite a way underneath the guest side of the building.

Last edited:

kevlightyear

I wonder why they still haven’t updated the Energy building to its Guardians color scheme yet. And the fountain in front is still there too.
I'd guess they won't update it until the entire pavilion is ready to be added, and that probably won't be until an opening date is announced at the earliest.

UNCgolf

It’d possibly be more trouble than it’s worth. It also holds the main cast canteen and first aid, and half the building is actually stood on stilts above the lake, which extends quite a way underneath the guest side of the building.

I thought it probably wouldn't be a feasible location but I wasn't sure.

It's been mostly a waste of space (at least for guests) for 20+ years now. At least the EPCOT Experience is something, although it's obviously not a long term solution.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought it probably wouldn't be a feasible location but I wasn't sure.

It's been mostly a waste of space (at least for guests) for 20+ years now. At least the EPCOT Experience is something, although it's obviously not a long term solution.
Imagine if it went back to its original use? I recall the breakfasts were lovely in 1987.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Imagine if it went back to its original use? I recall the breakfasts were lovely in 1987.

Wait... they could do that? ;)

Don't think we ever got there in time for breakfast back in the day. But somewhere in the dark, dusty crevasses of my brain, eating lunch there rings a bell.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wait... they could do that? ;)

Don't think we ever got there in time for breakfast back in the day. But somewhere in the dark, dusty crevasses of my brain, eating lunch there rings a bell.
Yep. Was an upmarket QSR.

I remember declaring on my first visit after my parents complained that the 9am rope drop made them hungry that “I’d waited five years for this. Half an hour won’t make much difference”. Then we ate in Odyssey before the first ride of the day being the UofE.

Good times. August 1987.

trainplane3

Hi all. Epcot's closed:
Flier_EpcotWallMap_02162020-1_20200214105008797.jpg

And it looks like (non-pink) concrete work to the left of SSE is finishing up in time:
spaceship-earth-walkway-construction-02132020-2.jpg

And some really big stickers:
spaceship-earth-directional-signage-4.jpg

Last edited:

UNCgolf

It absolutely should, but they seem to have no interest in that.

Future World desperately needs another place that serves breakfast; Sunshine Seasons is the only place I can think of off the top of my head. Unless you want to count Starbucks, which has horrendous, inedible food and shouldn't be in EPCOT anyways.

lazyboy97o

It absolutely should, but they seem to have no interest in that.

Future World desperately needs another place that serves breakfast; Sunshine Seasons is the only place I can think of off the top of my head. Unless you want to count Starbucks, which has horrendous, inedible food and shouldn't be in EPCOT anyways.
I’m confused. Why should a theme park have more venues now than in the past? Won’t that make things less crowded and more pleasant for guests? How would I be able to gloat about how responsible I am because I know there are only a few places that actually serve breakfast?

UNCgolf

I’m confused. Why should a theme park have more venues now than in the past? Won’t that make things less crowded and more pleasant for guests? How would I be able to gloat about how responsible I am because I know there are only a few places that actually serve breakfast?

It shouldn't. Honestly, we're lucky they offer food at all. And they even let us pay for it! We truly live in wondrous times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom