News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

IMDREW

Does anyone know if those new Epcot t-shirts and jerseys are still available? I'll be there in about a month and was really hoping to get one :)

THEMEPARKPIONEER

So I passed back through tonight. They didn't really bother me and I was focusing on them. I get the complaints and wouldn't be against a different lighting solution though.
Standing about 2 feetish away and taking a picture at face level:
KJFvaRQ.jpg

Turning left:
coHwRpG.jpg

And looking at the newer lights over by TT:
RI6UE9V.jpg

Also keep in mind that I'm running a higher then normal exposure on my phone so it could be making them look brighter then normal.

In one of the Epcot threads, it was brought up how dirty Imagination is. I grabbed a picture tonight:
ALMcxNX.jpg

Ya...it's grimy.
Those lights are not going to age gracefully and you know 10-15 years down the road when they let the place go again where complaining about these lights.

trainplane3

Does anyone know if those new Epcot t-shirts and jerseys are still available? I'll be there in about a month and was really hoping to get one :)
I saw the shirts but I don't remember seeing spirit jerseys. I haven't seen any of the cool shiny jackets either but I think those were confirmed as a very limited run.

techgeek

Those lights are not going to age gracefully and you know 10-15 years down the road when they let the place go again where complaining about these lights.

I don’t personally think the lights are horrible. Stylistically they try too hard, I would have gone for something a little less obvious.

I also think as a rule Disney property is a disaster for light pollution, there should be a focused effort to improve that as fixtures are replaced... but clearly that’s never been a priority.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don’t personally think the lights are horrible. Stylistically they try too hard, I would have gone for something a little less obvious.

I also think as a rule Disney property is a disaster for light pollution, there should be a focused effort to improve that as fixtures are replaced... but clearly that’s never been a priority.

New Fantasy Land is leading the way with barely perceptible lighting!

kevlightyear

So interestingly, they appear to have aborted uploading the previous version. They uploaded the low-res version but not the higher res. I did notice a mistake, which could have been the cause--part of the monorails ended up below the tracks. However, they have now uploaded a new version which has way more changes.

Brace yourselves.

Future World 147 copy.jpg

Here's a gif showing the changes:

Epcot-147.gif

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So interestingly, they appear to have aborted uploading the previous version. They uploaded the low-res version but not the higher res. I did notice a mistake, which could have been the cause--part of the monorails ended up below the tracks. However, they have now uploaded a new version which has way more changes.

Brace yourselves.

View attachment 448799

Here's a gif showing the changes:

View attachment 448800

I doubt the accuracy of that map - There’s not a single merchandise kiosk shown between The Land and Imagination! 😉

tparris

I wonder why they still haven’t updated the Energy building to its Guardians color scheme yet. And the fountain in front is still there too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom