Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

No Name

A THRC of 3600 and an actual count (which I assume came from exit counting) of 1920 puts peoplemover in ROTR territory as far as capacity utilization.

Rereading the article, it indicates that the calculation is based on a riders per vehicle of 10, while I’d assume the THRC basis is something like 20.

This gap matches my real world experience.

The difference is the PeopleMover rarely has a wait. It obviously can’t reach 3600 an hour if there aren’t 3600 people who want to ride it in an hour. This is a good thing, the supply matches the demand fine. That couldn’t be less true for RotR.

drizgirl

The difference is the PeopleMover rarely has a wait. It obviously can’t reach 3600 an hour if there aren’t 3600 people who want to ride it in an hour. This is a good thing, the supply matches the demand fine. That couldn’t be less true for RotR.
That's the People Mover of 2010. Now there is always a wait. Even on slow days. I haven't figured out why, but there is. They rarely fill all the cars. Many of them will have orange cones and aren't used.

Last edited:
Remember when the big ticket rides were RNRC and ToT? Now I can get fast passes for both in one shot. That's so strange, but I guess I'm excited. Though we all hate to admit it, sometimes change is good.
Has anyone been able to get MMRR fastpasses at 30 or 60 days before their trip? I haven’t been able to get any HS Tier 1 fastpasses 30 days before trip at exactly 7:00AM.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've never waited longer than 10 min on a slow day

One would think weekdays in February would be slow days... ;)

1581548709832.png

UNCgolf

One would think weekdays in February would be slow days... ;)

Are those Disney's posted wait times or something else? Because if they're the posted times then people likely weren't waiting anywhere near that long. Most of those times are 20 minutes or less, which typically means little to no wait at all. I would imagine the 40 minute posted times were actually no more than a 10-15 minute wait.

When I was there in early January, there was a 25 minute posted wait time for the PeopleMover but it was actually less than 5 minutes. I've noticed they seem to do that a lot for certain rides at the Magic Kingdom -- post a wait time of 20-30 minutes even when it's essentially a walk-on. It's happened to me on the Little Mermaid as well.

drizgirl

Are those Disney's posted wait times or something else? Because if they're the posted times then people likely weren't waiting anywhere near that long. Most of those times are 20 minutes or less, which typically means little to no wait at all. I would imagine the 40 minute posted times were actually no more than a 10-15 minute wait.

When I was there in early January, there was a 25 minute posted wait time for the PeopleMover but it was actually less than 5 minutes. I've noticed they seem to do that a lot for certain rides at the Magic Kingdom -- post a wait time of 20-30 minutes even when it's essentially a walk-on. It's happened to me on the Little Mermaid as well.
That hasn't been my experience. I've seen an extended queue with chain switchbacks and someone at the end of the line with a "line starts here" sign. Many times. I honestly don't get it.

Maybe I need to start rope dropping it. There's something I never thought I'd say.

Josh Hendy

this , its been horrible anymore, It use to be a walk on no matter what. Now they have walmarted its operation to be a mess and only allowing a couple people at a time on the up ramp etc or its constantly breaking down. I dont know what they did but they ruined a good thing, again.
Uuuuggghhhh ...

How could they screw up the simplest, most relaxing and foolproof ride ever made, in the world's greatest theme park. Seriously ... are they that stupid?

Busch Gardens is never held up as the Founding Geniuses of themed entertainment, but as far as I know they've never managed to screw up their skyway as a means to relax, get across the park and see lots of animals.

djkidkaz

This opens in 19 days and there are no cast or AP previews or anything announced. Is this another one of those that needs every bit of time to get open on time or is it ready and they just don't want to do anything to increase the demand at HS which is already dealing with Star Wars?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How could they screw up the simplest, most relaxing and foolproof ride ever made, in the world's greatest theme park. Seriously ... are they that stupid?

Precisely because it's the world's greatest theme park. Attendance increases year over year. It gets twice the number of people it is ideally designed for. Attendance on a weekday in February is what it used to be only at the beginning of Summer.

Also, Disney doesn't limit ticket sales for particular days which allows for wild swings of attendance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom