Is anyone actually excited about Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind or is it just me?

Animaniac93-98

"If you post it, they will come"

1581390484063.png

Bender123

Excited? yes. Disappointed? Yes.

As with many things WDW, the fact that its something new is great. The fact that they decided to kill a classic to build it totally sucks.

I get the feeling that people would be all in on this attraction if it was a new attraction that wasn't overwriting UoE.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Excited? yes. Disappointed? Yes.

As with many things WDW, the fact that its something new is great. The fact that they decided to kill a classic to build it totally sucks.

I get the feeling that people would be all in on this attraction if it was a new attraction that wasn't overwriting UoE.

I would hardly call "Stupid Judy" a classic. Three films and a less than inspiring diorama of yet another "what we think dinosaurs looked like" is little more than pettifoggery.

Bender123

I would hardly call "Stupid Judy" a classic. Three films and a less than inspiring diorama of yet another "what we think dinosaurs looked like" is little more than pettifoggery.

As if the films couldn't be updated on a fairly small budget and the diorama fixed/improved?

This ride deserved better than a evac on its last ride. It was a classic and had chances to be improved.

WDWFREAK53

I'm not trying to start anything but here are my thoughts...

We know what E.P.C.O.T. Center was...but we also know that it hasn't been that way for MANY years.
Disney is now pumping money into it to update it and ADD attractions (which we complain about when they "replace.").

Universe of Energy (1.0 or 2.0) was VERY dated and the attraction was boring....Yes, I said it. I know it's an opinion but aside from the dinosaur scene (which looked ridiculous compared to dinosaurs in the Animal Kingdom and Islands of Adventure), it was boring. They are revamping it with the Guardians of the Galaxy. Do I think they fit into the theme of "E.P.C.O.T. Center?" Absolutely not. Do I think it will be an upgrade over UoE? Definitely. Does it feel shoe-horned in because they can use a popular IP and needed an attraction? 100%. Now...do I feel that it will pump some much needed excitement into Future World? Heck yeah.

Wonders of Life vs. PLAY. Without knowing much of the PLAY Pavilion, I can tell you that this, IMO, is the biggest let-down of the entire EPCOT redo. I'm sure it'll be a hit with the younger crowd in a park that needs to add more for the younger crowd but the execution seems off and more "temporary."

Space 220: This SCREAMS E.P.C.O.T. Center IMO! Such a great add-on to this pavilion.

Moana. Why not? We don't know if this will be 100% a "Moana attraction" or just loosely based as a tie-in to this walk-through. To me it feels like it will be an extension of the Living Seas rock/fountain just one that you can walk through rather than around. To me, it feels pretty "E.P.C.O.T. Center" if that's the case.

The giant table building....Ok, so the use for this building is obviously for "add-on" features but the design of it harkens back to the great architectural buildings of E.P.C.O.T. Center. It'll serve well (if it actually gets built) for a centralized place for the Festival Center.

The spine itself looks inviting and not just a giant mass of concrete.

Ratatouille fits perfectly into the France pavilion. It adds a much-needed family ride, adds an IP, and that IP actually works with it's pavilion.

Mary Poppins...again, if it gets made, will have a facade that fits in perfectly with the UK and while I'd prefer something more substantial than a glorified spinner, it is another much-needed family attraction.

Aside from that, we are getting a new nighttime spectacular, possibly a new country, and we just got new films for the countries.

Completely understand those who feel down about the original "E.P.C.O.T. Center" dying but it's not...it's been dead for decades and now we move onto the new era of this park.

Josh Hendy

Many people have posted virtually the same comment in every thread about GotG ever since it was first announced. I think "majority consensus" covers it.

1) It's great that Epcot is getting a new ride with leading edge technology.

2) It's too bad TWDC is so careless with the unique vision and appeal of Epcot that they would wantonly shove a coaster based on a comic book action movie into it.

3) UoE was old fashioned and neglected to the point of being a "must skip" attraction for nearly everyone.

All of these are straightforward opinions and not controversial at all.

No need to get into insulting arguments with people who state them. You can go ahead and think your "get over it" arguments. Typing them is mean.

lazyboy97o

Sadly Marni, I think that says a lot. Those who would know that and cling to that memory and those who don't know the difference and just want a fun park.
There are lots of fun amusement parks all over the country. No need for a special theme park to become just another amusement park. It really is amazing how many DisneyParks fans don’t like theme parks, a form of entertainment really defined by Disney.

seascape

There are lots of fun amusement parks all over the country. No need for a special theme park to become just another amusement park. It really is amazing how many DisneyParks fans don’t like theme parks, a form of entertainment really defined by Disney.
I know its sacrilege here, but I find Six Flags Great Adventure a nice park to visit and is extremely affordable. Yes, it has too many rollercoasters and not enough shows and dark rides, but it has the Safari and a good water park. The best thing in its favor is the annual pass cost. Unfortunately, my Six Flags Diamond Elite Membership will likely increase this year but my DVC Platinum Plus Pass will not, but is still much higher than Six Flags.

KBLovedDisney

I know its sacrilege here, but I find Six Flags Great Adventure a nice park to visit and is extremely affordable. Yes, it has too many rollercoasters and not enough shows and dark rides, but it has the Safari and a good water park. The best thing in its favor is the annual pass cost. Unfortunately, my Six Flags Diamond Elite Membership will likely increase this year but my DVC Platinum Plus Pass will not, but is still much higher than Six Flags.
I feel the same about Carowinds. Theme parks like Six Flags and Carowinds have IMO more of a "close to home" feel versus Disney that gives you the "out of this world" feel if that makes any sense.

eliza61nyc

Not being snarky but it the big realm of things, I wonder how many wdw visitors make the distinction.
I think most visitors still find it a special place. Not all of wdw fans are old school original visitors.

eliza61nyc

I feel the same about Carowinds. Theme parks like Six Flags and Carowinds have IMO more of a "close to home" feel versus Disney that gives you the "out of this world" feel if that makes any sense.
The purist will tell you that they aren't "themed parks". I wonder how many folks will use the terms interchangeable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom