News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

nickys

Premium Member
I mean isn’t that the point of a rumors forum? Discussing rumors which the dates given were...

I meant Steve not publishing his guess of when it will open in the news part of the site. Which is what these other sites are doing, presenting it as fact.

A forum is absolutely for discussing when it’ll open.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I meant Steve not publishing his guess of when it will open in the news part of the site. Which is what these other sites are doing, presenting it as fact.

A forum is absolutely for discussing when it’ll open.
Yep at the moment it is in the status of it will open when it opens. Throwing dates around is not helping anyone. Of course they can still be discussed here, but I'm not going to put anything on the front page until it is announced.

JohnD

People on that project have been telling me for several months that it is still very much ongoing, hence no opening date. It is going to open when it is done. Throwing out these rumored dates is somewhat pointless.

Thank you. Was about to ask. Now don’t need to.

ppete1975

A contractor broke a piece of glass so big that they can't get a new one into the building. Also the glass has a 6 week lead time
The real problem is the building was built around the glass. So the building will either have to be deconstructed to get the piece of glass in place, or they will need to put a scrim with a disco light to make it look better without the glass.

lazyboy97o

I don’t believe the glass was installed through the roof or the building was built around the glass. If you look at construction photos a large opening was left in the curved “cinder block” wall that was later filled in with steel studs. That is likely how the glass was brought inside, as we never saw the glass set up inside before the roof structure was placed. Since it is just steel stud, reopening that part of the wall will be somewhat easy but there is also now a roof access stair in front of part of that opening.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom