New Pavillion Opening Ceremonies- We've Just Begun To Dream?

Disneyson

Original Poster
As most of you probably know, when Epcot opened, each pavillion had an inauguration beginning with a very dated and wonderful performance of "We've Just Begun To Dream", as *cough* futuristic group of people in skin-tight, all-white and silver space-suits do some interesting interpretive dance before/after a ribbon cutting of each pavilion. And it. Is. INCREDIBLE.

Skip to about the one minute mark to see what I mean if you've never heard of this.

During a D23 Event in 2017 celebrating 35 Years of Epcot, long clips of these dancers were played, probably to gauge fan enthusiasm, and I think the crowd ate it up.

Maybe it's just my personal want to see this weird, wonderful ceremony brought back to EPCOT, but I would put strong money on the return of something like this during the opening of Cosmic Rewind, Play!, and the re-dedication of SSE. My predictions:

Cosmic Rewind: The Epcot Future World Dancers, in cooperation with Xandar, will begin a very hilarious re-creation of the original dance, but the party gets interrupted by the Guardians of the Galaxy themselves. They play some of their Awesome Mix tape and the dancers magically re-choreograph their moves on the spot to open the pavilion.

Play!: The Epcot Future World Dancers accompany the featured characters in a mash-up medley of "We've Just Begun To Dream" and the theme music from their respective movies (Try Everything, Incredibles Theme, etc.).

SSE - Our Shared Story: A relatively honest re-hash of the Epcot Future World Dancers doing "Tomorrow's Child" with the Voices of Liberty.

What do you think? It seems like a stunt that Disney could use to soften the blow of the character-centric new pavilions.

Simba’s Mom

I've never seen or heard of them, but I want to thank you so much for posting this link. When DS worked a band at DL, his band director talked about a band with dancers that he'd worked with in Epcot in the early 80s when it first opened. I think this was the one he was talking about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom