Big Top Souvenirs Closed Indefinitely?

nicb88

Could be temporary to get it back open ASAP. It’s a revenue generator after all. Probably takes a while to get the themed carpet made again.

That’s true. I hope it’s the case! The grey doesn’t look bad even, it’s just not themed.

Lilofan

This kind of logic is wrong and goes against everything WDI stands for. Perhaps you need to acquaint yourself with some books on Disney Imagineering and just good storytelling in general. Everything contributes, right down to the type of nuts and bolts used.
Sounds like how many people actually is involved to screw in a lightbulb, so many levels of company and or government red tape just to get the thing done.

raymusiccity

Sounds like how many people actually is involved to screw in a lightbulb, so many levels of company and or government red tape just to get the thing done.
Aww, phooey!!!
IMG_0081.JPG

MinnieWaffles

This kind of logic is wrong and goes against everything WDI stands for. Perhaps you need to acquaint yourself with some books on Disney Imagineering and just good storytelling in general. Everything contributes, right down to the type of nuts and bolts used.

Right. I'll get on that. When I can be honestly bothered what carpet in a random gift shop looks like. You guys are maybe a bit too invested in Disney.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

"Color supports the identity of form by helping to define it. For example, in painting an apple in black and white, if I depict the fruit with a bite taken out of it, I make its identity as an apple, rather than a peach or a plum, clearer. But an apple painted in red doesn't need the bite taken out of it; its color supports the viewer's perception of what it is. The form, carefully rendered in color, creates the image's "appleness." the shinny red apple given to Snow White by the wicked witch is clearly identified by its color and form, and is an essential element in the story highly prized by guests in the Snow White dark ride." -- John Hench

Come on, it's just an apple! ;)

lazyboy97o

"Color supports the identity of form by helping to define it. For example, in painting an apple in black and white, if I depict the fruit with a bite taken out of it, I make its identity as an apple, rather than a peach or a plum, clearer. But an apple painted in red doesn't need the bite taken out of it; its color supports the viewer's perception of what it is. The form, carefully rendered in color, creates the image's "appleness." the shinny red apple given to Snow White by the wicked witch is clearly identified by its color and form, and is an essential element in the story highly prized by guests in the Snow White dark ride." -- John Hench

Come on, it's just an apple! ;)
“We’ll keep it in the ride and use the same red from the bathroom if we can sell a poison apple cupcake.”
-Disney Executive 2020

ImperfectPixie

At WDI we had that joke on a wall... "How many Imagineers does it take to change a lightbulb?" The answer? "Why does it have to be a lightbulb?"
One of the companies I worked for was owned by someone who was such a micro-manager, that I drew this on the white-board. It was there for SEVEN YEARS until he sold the company and the new owner was such that I was able to erase it. We were a graphics company, he'd bought it from someone else, and his inability to allow creative people to do their jobs was epic. (Sorry for the crappy pic...I'm not photoshopping this, lol.)

ITA.jpg

It means "Independent Thought Alarm".

Prototype82

Right. I'll get on that. When I can be honestly bothered what carpet in a random gift shop looks like. You guys are maybe a bit too invested in Disney.
Why are you even here? It was a really cool custom element in there that even a cast member was excited about pointing it out to me once. Story matters in this place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom