News Does Disney have a Mickey and Minnie problem?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The problems are:
  • The new animation style is UGLY
  • They aren't coming up with very interesting merch with Mickey and Minnie, especially that is park specific. Just changing Disneyland to Disney World doesn't make it a new product, have unique designs. And use the old style animation.
  • Disney just is too focused on IPs and not the classic characters, which could be a major downfall for them.
Who the hell is this one????

DanielBB8

Did you watch Mickey and Minnie in Disney Junior? It was enjoyed quite a lot at home when my toddler at the time needed some entertainment and distraction. It was subsequently cancelled and replaced with the newer version that was terrible. It skewed older and my kid didn't like it. This newer Mickey style is featured in Runaway Railway. I doubt the public will love it, but they will tolerate it.

brb1006

Did you watch Mickey and Minnie in Disney Junior? It was enjoyed quite a lot at home when my toddler at the time needed some entertainment and distraction. It was subsequently cancelled and replaced with the newer version that was terrible. It skewed older and my kid didn't like it. This newer Mickey style is featured in Runaway Railway. I doubt the public will love it, but they will tolerate it.
Are you talking about "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" or "Mickey And The Roadside Racers"? While Roadside Racers is still an improvement over Clubhouse. It's still geared towards the younger demographic. At least the new Mickey shorts can be enjoyed for both ages. (Still want a revival of House Of Mouse).

ProjectXBlog

Excuse me. I don’t appreciate what you said to me. If I say this article is clickbait and a nonsense, then it is clickbait and a nonsense. I’m not trying to be a troll, this is my opinion and I think this article and this thread is totally ridiculous. Okay? Thank you.

What do you mean I’m a lurker? Again I’m not a troll. Why everybody being mean to me? I’ve done nothing wrong. I’m just saying this article is stupid and untrue.
the second person was defending you. you seem nice or whatever but you could stand to put that “ignore” function to work. it makes reading these forums and dealing with certain people on here way more tolerable

TsWade2

the second person was defending you. you seem nice or whatever but you could stand to put that “ignore” function to work. it makes reading these forums and dealing with certain people on here way more tolerable
Okay. I apologize. I just don’t understand why I took it so seriously. I guess that’s just me. And V. J. I apologize the way I acted. Thank you for defending me.

cmwade77

TsWade has been posting on Disney forums since *I* was a kid; he's more of a lurker than anything but he's by no means new.
Funny, I thought you had mistyped my username, sine I have been around since 2009 and I tend to be more of a lurker too and then I saw a TsWade posted as well.

smooch

Funny, I thought you had mistyped my username, sine I have been around since 2009 and I tend to be more of a lurker too and then I saw a TsWade posted as well.

Everyone's coming out of the woodworks for this thread. It's cool to see unfamiliar names with such old accounts!

VJ

Okay. I apologize. I just don’t understand why I took it so seriously. I guess that’s just me. And V. J. I apologize the way I acted. Thank you for defending me.
No problem, we all overreact sometimes. I completely understand!

OG Runner

This exact discussion, based on the same article is on the boards titled "Mickey and Minnie are not popular anymore."
Be logical, of course there is an increase in the sales of Frozen 2 merchandise, the movie came out less than 5 months ago
and was wildly popular. There is an increase in Star Wars merchandise for much the same reason, as well as, the opening
of Galaxy's Edge. The consumer only has so much to spend. It has nothing to do with how the current cartoon shorts are
drawn. Much of the Mickey & Minnie merchandise do not even reflect that animation style.

Run4DisneyFun

New here but enjoying this thread! For what it is worth, my kids (now teens) grew up loving Mickey Mouse Club house and both still wear lots of Mickey stuff. Neither of them will watch the new cartoons. It isn’t as much for us about the animation style as it is that they have made Mickey into a character we don’t like as much. He is more moody and less optimistic. We liked the old Mickey better.

We won’t buy items with the new animation style for that reason, but we more than make up for that buying the stuff with a more classic Mickey look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom