Ticket price increase / FP+ changes coming?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Gold AP's went up last night $20. I assume other tickets may have as well?
giphy.gif

Touchdown

I think some of you are operating under the assumption that Maxpass increases total Fastpass usage, I would argue it doesn’t. Some people won’t pay for the upgrade, and choose instead to book via kiosks (one at a time) this makes Maxpass more beneficial to those who upgrade and decrease the total usage of the system by all. I could see WDW maybe tweaking the system to give resort guests one prebooked experience per day but I truely think it would work great here.

Mander

In the Parks
No
Looks to me like they did have a price increase. I just priced a 5 day ticket this morning and it is more than it was last week. So glad I didn't drag my feet on renewing the AP that expires at the end of the month.

Yeah, prices for our 5 day tickets in May are higher now (at least if my notes are right). I was planning to order this month when our tax refund hit but just got them this morning through Undercover Tourist as the price was still the same there.

Hank Hill

The ONLY thing I have found positive about FP+ is that, as a passholders
, if I want to go to a park in the afternoon for a few hours I can book some FP+ if anything decent is available.

The system would be better if they got rid of advanced reservations. Provide perks or up charges with rules like how soon you can book another FP or even a maximum number per day.
For me, I rarely get a decent same day FP anymore. Kind of make spontaneous trips not as fun. When FP+ was new, I could book some decent ones on the way over, now almost never do I get a decent one same day.

IMO, They need to get rid of FP on attractions that simply don't need it. Or at least make FP holders feel like they get something out of having a FP for the attraction. Instead, you are basically walking down a different isle or in a different holding area, then just let in with all the rest. Star Tours is a perfect example. The second FP checkpoint is never used from what I can tell. You join back with the regular line so early I rarely pass people in the standby line. The FP line should go up to the the hallway at least. Same with all the shows that are not at capacity most of the time like Muppets or Philharmagic. FP holders need to be let in before, or something to make it not seem like they got scammed by using a FP on it.

SugarMagnolia75

MaxPass works better because the parks at the Disneyland Resort have better capacity than the parks of Walt Disney World. The root problem is the lack of capacity. Charging for FastPass+ would just be another shell game intended to hide lack of capacity and create “crowds”.
You made the argument that it wouldn’t work at WDW because there are not enough attractions at WDW that needs it. I challenge that and you say irrelevant. At WDW I end up with 5-7 FPs a day, at DL it’s easily double that. So why again do you think it won’t work here?

MaxPass works better because they didn't add it almost every attraction in the park. If we used a MaxPass-type system that only included legacy FP attractions, I think the system would be much better.

nickys

Premium Member
Gold AP's went up last night $20. I assume other tickets may have as well?

Disney Platinum Plus Pass
$1219 to $1295

Disney Platinum Pass
$1119 to $1195

Gold Pass -
$699 to $719

Silver Pass
$519 to $539

Disney Theme Park Select Pass (FL Residents)
$439 to $439

Disney Weekday Select Pass (FL Residents)
$349 to $369

EPCOT After 4 Pass (FL Residents)
$304 to $319

DVC Rates

Disney Gold Pass
$719, renewal $611

Disney Platinum Pass
$899, renewal $764

$999, renewal $849

All prices before tax

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
$1219 to $1295

Disney Platinum Pass
$1119 to $1195

Gold Pass -
$699 to $719

Silver Pass
$519 to $539

Disney Theme Park Select Pass (FL Residents)
$439 to $439

Disney Weekday Select Pass (FL Residents)
$349 to $369

EPCOT After 4 Pass (FL Residents)
$304 to $319

DVC Rates

Disney Gold Pass
$719, renewal $611

Disney Platinum Pass
$899, renewal $764

$999, renewal $849

All prices before tax

better savings on the renewals than before (on Gold anyways)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think some of you are operating under the assumption that Maxpass increases total Fastpass usage, I would argue it doesn’t. Some people won’t pay for the upgrade, and choose instead to book via kiosks (one at a time) this makes Maxpass more beneficial to those who upgrade and decrease the total usage of the system by all. I could see WDW maybe tweaking the system to give resort guests one prebooked experience per day but I truely think it would work great here.

I could see this:
Deluxe Resorts / DVC / AP Holders(?) - 3 FP (prebooked)
Moderate Resorts - 2 FP (prebooked)
Value / Good Neighbor hotels - 1 FP (prebooked)
Offsite hotels - 1 FP per day (booked the day of in the park)

MaxPass: $20 per day for additional x amount?

skyphotographer

Looks like ticket price increases have already happened too. I just bought 2 five day park hoppers for my May visit this year. Saved $82 per ticket over the current Disney website price.

rct247

The problem with Fastpass is that we've tasted what life is like skipping lines and most of the public would be outraged if that option went away. Already, people scam DAS as a way to skip more lines in addition to FP. They also come up with all sorts of excuses to get free FP from their hotel or Guest Relations.

The capacity issue is best exemplified at DHS. People know that FP for shows is a waste. That park only has a hand full of rides and all of them have FP, but that still isn't enough for the park to all be able to get 3 in advance which is why the tier is in place. They had to add FP to rides and shows that didn't need it to add to the capacity of the system in hope that there would be suckers that fell for a FP for Muppets. If you remove these experiences, the demand for the others only increases.

No mater how you work it out, there's a downside or a sector of guests that will lose out. Plan in advance and the day of visitors lose. Pay to play and we complain about it only serving the rich. Back to the old system, you had to be there early to get a FP for some of the most popular rides and there was no option what you got.

It's the same issue with the virtual queue for RotR. People have to at the park at rope drop in the park that only has 5 things worth rope dropping. The word has gotten out what you need to do to secure this boarding groups that the amount of guests in the park at opening is in the thousands with only a few places they go to and those attractions are swamped.

I hate to say it, but it needs to be pay to play. You can only buy up to 5 per day and Disney needs to price it based on attendance to reduce how many they sell. They also need to stop giving people free FP like candy.

Matthew

Fun? I guess different strokes for different folks. Pre-planning a theme park visit takes 90% of the fun away. The fun used to be spontaneously deciding what would be enjoyable in the moment. Now it is a stressful chore.

as i visit from the UK for two weeks I like the fact that if i have a plan of what i am going to be doing on certain days as it allows me to maximise my holiday and make sure I am getting my moneys worth :)

If i have a FP and then want to change the park or something i cancel them and just take what i can get on the day.

CaptainAmerica

I'm glad that I don't have to run all over the park anymore getting FPs for everyone else.
This. I'll never forget one morning when I was in high school and I drank too much chocolate milk at breakfast. Then we rope dropped Animal Kingdom on a day that was about a thousand degrees outside and I was the FastPass runner for the family. Back and forth between Kilimanjaro Safaris and Expedition Everest a few times that morning, and my head was in the bushes making a "protein spill." Never again.

That's because DLR hasn't slapped FP on everything under the sun. And because the attractions are in 2 parks instead of 4.

As for night shows, that's smoke and mirrors. You don't need a FP for any of them.
Visit the parks with a three year old and a baby sometime. Those useless FastPasses for Mermaid and Jungle Cruise come in very handy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom