News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Californian Elitist

During my Program I had a realization that the way people view Disney parks can be so fundamentally different it's almost as if they're consuming a different product when they visit the park. I went with so many different people- and honestly by the end could lump people into groups based on their opinions and perception of the park. But that's something for another thread, and there's a blog post I've shared before that describes this phenomenon well.

It actually really helped me gain a better perspective on the resort, and really helped me learn to appreciate other people's opinions- even if they were insisting Incredicoaster is the best ride in the resort.

DCP and working at the parks in general gives one a different perspective that those who haven’t been park CMs will never understand. I agree that DCP and working at the parks introduces you to different perspectives and teaches patience regarding different opinions.

Nothing beats my friend suggesting Disney take out Pirates and Lincoln because they’re old.

Supreme Leader

Uh...you mean with the Riverboat and Sailing Ship sailing by, Big Thunder trains whizzing around, canoes gliding by, kids running around Tom Sawyer's Island, music coming from the Golden Horseshoe's open doors, and the sounds of gunfire from the shootin' gallery? Yeah, kind of feels the same as a static, silent abandoned movie set to me.
The Falcon docked at the hanger, Stormtroopers patrolling Black Spire, kids running around with lightsabers, music coming from Oga's Cantina's open doors, and the sounds of spaceships flying by above head. Yeah, it's a static and silent movie set.

RobWDW1971

The Falcon docked at the hanger, Stormtroopers patrolling Black Spire, kids running around with lightsabers, music coming from Oga's Cantina's open doors, and the sounds of spaceships flying by above head. Yeah, it's a static and silent movie set.
Falcon docked - Static, motionless, and inaccessible exactly like, oh I don't know, a movie set? Perhaps you've never been to Frontierland, but the Mark Twain, Columbia, canoes, Tom Sawyer Island rafts, and Big Thunder trains actually move (not just in your imagination) and create kinetic energy.

Stormtroopers patrolling Black Spire - A couple random over a 14 acre land, wow, am I in a Star Wars movie?! In other words, about 1/4 characters roaming around the carousel in Fantasyland at any given moment.

Kids running around with lightsabers - Uh, sure, why not. Apparently my living room at home is also now immersive. Oh, and the Force is banned in Batuu so they should stop doing that. You are literally comparing an entire island with bridges, forts, and caves to explore and climb to running around with merchandise on a concrete street.

Music coming from Oga's Cantina - yes, as you walk by the beige, windowless cantina you can hear some music - wow, it's impressive and totally overcomes the eerily depressing silence of the entire land.

Sounds of spaceship's overhead - Now you are really stretching, but hey, it's fun to watch the desperation.

Back to reality - Batuu, is a static, silent, depressing, boring, abandoned movie set. But, hey if you find it to be the height of kinetic, action-packed, immersive, fun, vibrant themeing, that's great.

Last edited:

D.Silentu

Why on Earth did they not bring Jedi Academy to Galaxy’s Edge? That show was always popular and would help bring some life to the area.
Public uses of the Force are banned, Jedis are in hiding, there is to be no fun in Batuu, or some other such WDI nonsense.
Late to the topic, but I also have wondered this and concluded that WDI had decided that a bunch of random kids being taught as Jedi didn't jive with the fictional realism they had in mind. Ignoring that misguided thought, a show with visual effects like the hovering R2 would do wonders for the land. I imagine there's space enough to create a performance area in that corridor between "Rise of the Resistance" and the land proper. If the 'Jedi in hiding' story need be preserved, related symbols could be placed around the land, directing the observant to a secret meeting of the Jedi. I think most of us assumed that the show would transfer to the new land, it seemed like an obvious decision, but better late than never.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I was just taking what he said about Frontierland (a static, lifeless land) and applying it towards Galaxy's Edge. I've also never said the new land was perfect or without flaws. It has many flaws as does every single land in the park.

Who said Frontierland was static? That would be false.

George Lucas on a Bench

Dragon.jpg

180º

And flying fish in a pond - more kinetic energy than in Batuu.

(This is where the defenders with no self-awareness will debate whether something in a billion dollar Star Wars land does in fact have more kinetic motion than a fish)
I'm a Galaxy's Edge apologist in many areas but kinetic energy is not one of them. Frontierland has 10x the kinetic energy, with its watercraft, visible BTMRR, and yes, the fish! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom