Kidzone Replacement Poll

What would you replace Woody Woodpecker's kidzone with?

• Pokemon

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • Trolls

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Spongebob

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • Your own idea listed below

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
What would you guys replace Woody Woodpecker's kidzone with?
1581205039523.png

JT3000

Personally Pokemon would be my ideal pick. But if Universal wants to have a little kid area they would probably go with Trolls.

If left to their own machinations...
62b58437a24e452b3e05a699a02dbbe9

... butt hopefully that won't be the case. I would've been fine with SpongeBob if they hadn't waited so long to pull the trigger. For such a popular franchise, you'd think they would have given it more than a store & parade float by now.

lebeau

I am going with Keep It the Same for now because I am a realist. Universal isn't going to get around to it until after Epic Universe is up and running. By then, who knows? I assume Pokemon will eventually go in there, but we all know plans change. Thus KidZone's previous stay of execution.

I don't really care what IP they use when and if they update KidZone. I just hope the land continues to serve its current function. It's a really terrific area for kids. I think it is truly under-appreciated because people get hung up on Woody Woodpecker and Fievel being dated.

If it came down to replacing KidZone or Fast and Furious, I know what my priority would be.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I am going with Keep It the Same for now because I am a realist. Universal isn't going to get around to it until after Epic Universe is up and running. By then, who knows? I assume Pokemon will eventually go in there, but we all know plans change. Thus KidZone's previous stay of execution.

I don't really care what IP they use when and if they update KidZone. I just hope the land continues to serve its current function. It's a really terrific area for kids. I think it is truly under-appreciated because people get hung up on Woody Woodpecker and Fievel being dated.

If it came down to replacing KidZone or Fast and Furious, I know what my priority would be.
I agree. It will be very interesting to see what the future of kidzone is. Personally Pokemon or Spongebob would be amazing.

trr1

I see Pokemon being an expansion in Nintendo world at the new park. they could make it the secret life of pets land

JT3000

I see Pokemon being an expansion in Nintendo world at the new park. they could make it the secret life of pets land

I think if they ever clone SLOP, it should just replace Shrek and have that be the end of it, assuming there's enough space. That way it's right next to the other Illumination property and they don't devote a ton of real estate to something that doesn't really warrant it.

trr1

I think if they ever clone SLOP, it should just replace Shrek and have that be the end of it, assuming there's enough space. That way it's right next to the other Illumination property and they don't devote a ton of real estate to something that doesn't really warrant it.
would it fit in the current building?

JT3000

would it fit in the current building?

I honestly have no idea, but they could almost certainly make it fit if they were willing to (at least partially) tear down the current building. A decent portion of that plot is taken up by the extended queue, which is only used during HHN, and the Transformers meet & greet, which could be moved elsewhere if need be.

Based on what I've heard, it's not a terribly large ride.

lebeau

I honestly have no idea, but they could almost certainly make it fit if they were willing to (at least partially) tear down the current building. A decent portion of that plot is taken up by the extended queue, which is only used during HHN, and the Transformers meet & greet, which could be moved elsewhere if need be.

Based on what I've heard, it's not a terribly large ride.

When the idea has been floated here in the past I think the general consensus among insiders was that it wouldn't fit in the Shrek building. Demolishing the existing structure changes the math significantly.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
When the idea has been floated here in the past I think the general consensus among insiders was that it wouldn't fit in the Shrek building. Demolishing the existing structure changes the math significantly.
I could see Universal demo the building this year after Bourne opens so the ride is open for 2022. Universal does not have any rides listed for that year. It only took Hollywood 2 years to build the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom