News Splash Mountain closing for lengthy refurbishment in early 2020

DisneyCane

I think it was added around 2000, im fairly certain it didn’t in 1998.

edit: 2011 https://www.themeparktourist.com/ne...y-add-lap-bars-magic-kingdoms-splash-mountain
The lap bars take away some of the thrill of the drops. I try to keep it as far from my lap as the CM will allow. They are only needed to prevent morons from standing up or getting out.

Honestly, if you are dumb enough to do that you shouldn't ever leave your home and you deserve the consequences.

BromBones

It has been so long since I have been able to go to WDW without massive cranes, scaffolding, scrims and construction.

I will be so happy with the Iger era is over so we can finally just enjoy the park for a few years without it all.

esskay

But I'm not talking about standard maintenance and upkeep. I am talking about the massive construction projects that have blemished Walt Disney World since the ascendance of Iger.

How dare they improve the parks! What utter bstards they are for thinking we needed new rides, improved entertainment and safety for our kids!

Monorail_Orange

Oh....and finally saw Song of the South. There is nothing racist about it at all.
It's honors to old Black Southern folk tales and teaches a very good lesson.

Get past the propaganda from the career hucksters and watch the movie.
Agreed. The film has one of the best stories of all time. Additionally, this movie was an amazing technological accomplishment for it's time. If you ever have the opportunity, watch this film. It's a shame we can't buy legitimate copies of this movie in the U.S.

BromBones

How dare they improve the parks! What utter bstards they are for thinking we needed new rides, improved entertainment and safety for our kids!

What you really mean is....How dare I criticize or question things that the vaunted Disney Parks do?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom