News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Mickeyboof

SWGE’s music rules are ideal. As @Kram Sacul said, we don’t need a Potteresque John Williams CD on loop. The music comes in when something happens. Problem is, not quite enough happens in the land. That’s why we feel like we neither hear enough music nor see enough action.

Not a single person here wants the soundtrack on a loop.

Honestly I’m dumbfounded that this constantly is the argument.

oh well! At least they saved money by only recording DJ Rex music.

Also...DJ Rex is being broadcasted from the cantina? What? That’s just dumb.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Not a single person here wants the soundtrack on a loop.

Honestly I’m dumbfounded that this constantly is the argument.

Agreed. That would be stupid. The land works without the traditional area loop from a speaker in the bushes. It’s really not that hard to understand what they were going for with the natural soundscapes.

Of course everyday some nerd on the internet says:

wHy nO stAr waRs mUsiC?!? Such a failure!!!

oh well! At least they saved money by only recording DJ Rex music.

Also...DJ Rex is being broadcasted from the cantina? What? That’s just dumb.

Because he has his own radio show?

RobWDW1971

Why on Earth did they not bring Jedi Academy to Galaxy’s Edge? That show was always popular and would help bring some life to the area.
Public uses of the Force are banned, Jedis are in hiding, there is to be no fun in Batuu, or some other such WDI nonsense.

They still do it at DHS outside Star Tours with both Vader and Kylo Ren in it - kids and parents love it so it must be kept out of boring, baffling Batuu.

Phroobar

Why on Earth did they not bring Jedi Academy to Galaxy’s Edge? That show was always popular and would help bring some life to the area.
It was a dumb decision in order to save a few pennies. They could have given us the DLP version where the kids get to levitate R2-D2.

N021156-1024x682.jpg

TP2000

What a great point! On my Wednesday visit to Star Wars Land the land was just as static, just as lifeless, as it was last summer when it was only a few weeks old.

They haven't done a thing to fix this land except open the second ride. The second ride helps keep the southwest corner busy with crowds, and it was hopping on Wednesday, but it was just Earthling tourists standing around staring at their phones waiting for their Boarding Group to be called. That's not really entertainment or showmanship.

There needs to be a concerted effort to get life and entertainment into Star Wars Land. Because it's not really working as it currently stands.

RobWDW1971

What a great point! On my Wednesday visit to Star Wars Land the land was just as static, just as lifeless, as it was last summer when it was only a few weeks old.

They haven't done a thing to fix this land except open the second ride. The second ride helps keep the southwest corner busy with crowds, and it was hopping on Wednesday, but it was just Earthling tourists standing around staring at their phones waiting for their Boarding Group to be called. That's not really entertainment or showmanship.

There needs to be a concerted effort to get life and entertainment into Star Wars Land. Because it's not really working as it currently stands.
Three words: More Vi Moradi.

RobWDW1971

Galaxy's Edge is about as lifeless as Frontierland.
Uh...you mean with the Riverboat and Sailing Ship sailing by, Big Thunder trains whizzing around, canoes gliding by, kids running around Tom Sawyer's Island, music coming from the Golden Horseshoe's open doors, and the sounds of gunfire from the shootin' gallery? Yeah, kind of feels the same as a static, silent abandoned movie set to me.

Mickeyboof

A1288549-B7C5-4B86-A9A5-1D82E4D9664A.jpeg

Well, today, a hummingbird in the bushes held a more captivated audience longer than any of “going ons” of Black Spire Outpost.

I hacked Kylo’s ship, which blasted a beep and a boop in the surrounding area. A sweet couple turned at the sound, and eagerly faced the ship...

Him: !
Her: !!
Him: .....
Her: .........
Him: Oh, I think it’s just ambient noise :/
Her: Why are we standing here for ambient noise?

When I saw their eager stop and turn, I didn’t have the heart to tell them it was just me and my phone.

It was quite busy today, I can report. A lot more sitting around than I saw a few months ago. Are people enjoying the ambiance, or simply waiting for their boarding number to be called? Who’s to say.

Curious Constance

Kinda odd to me how some don’t seem to be able to believe (or accept?) that someone could like something less than they do.

Anyway, I took my daughter to the orthodontist yesterday, and as the orthodontist was adjusting the brackets on her teeth, he was talking to the mother beside me about the new Star Wars ride at Disneyland. He didn’t seem to be too informed about the whole thing but he had heard it was having lots of mechanical problems 🤣

Californian Elitist

Kinda odd to me how some don’t seem to be able to believe (or accept?) that someone could like something less than they do.

Precisely. I’ve been thinking this exact thing today as well.

I’ve said this multiple times, but I’ll say it again. Those who don’t like something or don’t like something too much rarely, if never, question those who happen to like that something. However the same can’t be said vice versa. It’s almost like folks are upset at the fact that some of us aren’t that impressed with Rise and the land in general.

BrianLo

Those who don’t like something or don’t like something too much rarely, if never, question those who happen to like that something.

I take it you haven't tried to like The Last Jedi Recently.

There's a decisively sour part of the internet that has started to erupt recently. The moderate rationale part is bleeding out from both edges.

Yes there are the defenders. But there is also a group of people out there whose mission it is to make everyone dislike things with the same vitriol they do.

Curious Constance

There's a decisively sour part of the internet that has started to erupt recently. The moderate rationale part is bleeding out from both edges.

Yes there are the defenders. But there is also a group of people out there whose mission it is to make everyone dislike things with the same vitriol they do.
All I’m taking away from this is that you’re cheating on us with other websites. 😤

George Lucas on a Bench

Uh...you mean with the Riverboat and Sailing Ship sailing by, Big Thunder trains whizzing around, canoes gliding by, kids running around Tom Sawyer's Island, music coming from the Golden Horseshoe's open doors, and the sounds of gunfire from the shootin' gallery? Yeah, kind of feels the same as a static, silent abandoned movie set to me.

Doesn't sound immersive enough.

Californian Elitist

I’m not a Star Wars fan at all. I don’t like Cars, but I like Cars Land.

I’m referring to folks here, not other sour parts of the internet. Even with acknowledgement of the things people did like about Rise, despite finding the overall experience okay, people are still saying things like “it boggles my mind” and sarcastic phrases like “keep up the good work.”🤔

Who cares if someone enjoys something more than you?

SuddenStorm

Precisely. I’ve been thinking this exact thing today as well.

I’ve said this multiple times, but I’ll say it again. Those who don’t like something or don’t like something too much rarely, if never, question those who happen to like that something. However the same can’t be said vice versa. It’s almost like folks are upset at the fact that some of us aren’t that impressed with Rise and the land in general.

During my Program I had a realization that the way people view Disney parks can be so fundamentally different it's almost as if they're consuming a different product when they visit the park. I went with so many different people- and honestly by the end could lump people into groups based on their opinions and perception of the park. But that's something for another thread, and there's a blog post I've shared before that describes this phenomenon well.

It actually really helped me gain a better perspective on the resort, and really helped me learn to appreciate other people's opinions- even if they were insisting Incredicoaster is the best ride in the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom