Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Phroobar

That ride mechanism looks crazy! I wonder how it will be implemented since I think they showed off everyone seated inside of a Quinjet before the ride portion of the attraction begins. My best guess right now would be a Soarin' type of screen just outside the jet, having you seated and then a simulated take off. At some point you are "dropped out" from the jet (maybe accomplished by the faux jet rising up towards the ceiling?) and the seats would break apart into a kind of spider-leg type formation in front of the screen. But I don't know, just guessing, each rider can't have their own screen, right? I imagine that wouldn't make for a smooth transition when seated next to others just moments before.. or be good for capacity.

In general, the new area isn't doing all that much for me right now, especially if the Spider-Man ride ends up being a Midway Mania clone. But I do like the idea of the stunt animatronic Spider-Man and looking forward to hearing more about their big Wakanda E-Ticket. I'll probably give it a go once it's all done and reserve final judgement 'till then.
I'm thinking spiderleg formation with each arm a separate kuka arm that spread apart after the faux jet rises up. Then the arms can maybe drive around independently in front of the screen or they just spread out and are stationary and the guest controls how the arm moves. Maybe like a stationary Harry Potter?

hqdefault.jpg

d7f8767b21264f170ff2e206004f73fe.jpg

Disney Analyst

EG-Vm09XUAAPMAK

Ride mechanism for the Avengers Quinjet. Each arm is user controlled in front of an IMAX screen.

Got it. I watched the video. It looks like a mockup being used in the "DISH" to test out the ride video/experience. So I'd assume this is a crude mock up to give imagineers the sense of what it feels like, but I don't think this is the actual ride mechanism.

DavidDL

I'm thinking spiderleg formation with each arm a separate kuka arm that spread apart after the faux jet rises up. Then the arms can maybe drive around independently in front of the screen or they just spread out and are stationary and the guest controls how the arm moves. Maybe like a stationary Harry Potter?

hqdefault.jpg

d7f8767b21264f170ff2e206004f73fe.jpg

That could be! I guess I'm just having trouble figuring out how they are going to go from this seating arangement..

untitled.png

..to either of the configurations you posted pictures of. Maybe it won't look anything like that at all but for now it's all we have to go off of. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Phroobar

That could be! I guess I'm just having trouble figuring out how they are going to go from this seating arangement..

View attachment 446988

..to either of the configurations you posted pictures of. Maybe it won't look anything like that at all but for now it's all we have to go off of. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!
What if the Kuka arms where underneath the seats in a straight upright position? Then in flight the chair swivels into position on the arm as the arms space themselves out in front of the screen.

planodisney

Wow!!!
FoP was a pretty big jump from Soarin, but this looks like a giant leap up from FoP.
Has it been since Indiana Jones that new ride technology came first to DLR?
I’m excited about this!!!

Mac Tonight

Clarification - This photo did NOT come from the panel (which was in October). It is something Jack found amongst Imagineering videos as a possibility.
In other words... nothing is definitive, maybe it’s this, but maybe it’s not. I’m tempted to even call it borderline clickbait.

I really can’t stand Jack or DSNY videos.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I just remembered the last time new ride technology debuted first at DLR was Soarin.
Am I missing anything else?
You forgot the new “baby on a stick” that was recently gifted to DCA.

And, arguably, the short-lived saucers ride. Was Mater the first instance of that ride system? Not that it’s particularly groundbreaking.

planodisney

You forgot the new “baby on a stick” that was recently gifted to DCA.

And, arguably, the short-lived saucers ride. Was Mater the first instance of that ride system? Not that it’s particularly groundbreaking.
Not sure but my point is that it’s VERY VERY rare for Disney’s new high end ride system developments to debut, or often times ever even make it, to the DLR.
I’m excited if that’s the case here.

Ismael Flores

View attachment 446988

i can imagine the floor dropping out by opening like doors on a plane about to drop a bomb. The front seats go down first.

then second set of doors open for second row but instead of seats dropping they create the illusions by having quinjet rise. now you have the front row
at a lower eye level and the top row at a higher level in screen. the plane above both of them.

when ride is over we jet pack up as jet lowers.

They will need to have multiple capsules and more than one imax screen.

this will be interesting because it will make soarin feel dated.

weird how they would add two large imax style rides in one park although one will have a bigger thrill

truecoat

i can imagine the floor dropping out by opening like doors on a plane about to drop a bomb. The front seats go down first.

then second set of doors open for second row but instead of seats dropping they create the illusions by having quinjet rise. now you have the front row
at a lower eye level and the top row at a higher level in screen. the plane above both of them.

when ride is over we jet pack up as jet lowers.

They will need to have multiple capsules and more than one imax screen.

this will be interesting because it will make soarin feel dated.

weird how they would add two large imax style rides in one park although one will have a bigger thrill

It's not weird to have multiple omni-mover rides in a park. The subject matter along with ride tech will be quite different.

I assume it will have a show building with at least 4 theaters like FOP. If it needs a larger show building there is plenty of room as a building the size of FOP would leave plenty of room to spare.

FOP.jpg

Professortango1

If this means we can get rid of Soarin', then I'm for it. Soarin' always struck me as a concept mock up more than a finished Disney attraction. The exposed ride system, the lack of themeing in the queue and especially in the theatre, the big blue screen while you're being seated, the choppy cuts to remind us we're watching an IMAX movie. It was a cool new ride system, but it feels like they didn't have the time/budget to develop a ride around the new ride system until FOP came out. With FOP and (hopefully) Avengers taking this to the next level, maybe we can see Soarin' removed and that awkward little side of the park (Soarin, Monorail Rail, dead corner, Redwood Creek) can see some new attractions and better design.

Ismael Flores

It's not weird to have multiple omni-mover rides in a park. The subject matter along with ride tech will be quite different.

I assume it will have a show building with at least 4 theaters like FOP. If it needs a larger show building there is plenty of room as a building the size of FOP would leave plenty of room to spare.

View attachment 447146
oh i realize that having duplicates of the same or similar ride systems is not unusual. The problem is that both of rely quite a bit on a large screen for the main part of the experience. other attractions with similar or identical syatems like the omnimover have completely different physical sets.

IASW and Pirates
Haunted Mansion and little mermaid
snow white and pinnochio

not that its a problem but both the avengers ride and soarin do not have or looks like they will not have show sets once you leave the quinjet.
They both use similar ideas but they are still very focused on being in front of a giant screen.
If they would commit to updating the movies in them then that would be great and keep them fresh.

just realized that DCA seems to be going the route of universal

after Avengers DCA
will have three major attractions based on screens and two darkride shooters based on screens.

then everything else are open air thrill rides and two under rated dark rides in opposite sides of the park.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom