Mickey meet and greet fastpass
Dumbo fastpass
Casey junior train fastpass
silly symphony swings fastpass
emotional swing fastpass
Great momenta with Mr Lincoln fastpass
mainstreet restrooms fastpass
frontierland restroom fastpass

I am surprised they haven't made the bypass walkway behind mainstreet a up charge or a maxpass only benefit
-Avoid the mainstreet crowds and skip your way thru a magical and whimsical passageway.

This uniquely themed walkway is dotted with original artwork of all the attractions you can enjoy before anyone else.
breeze your way in a calm alley as you escape the clogged streets of mainstreet. In the evenings enjoy the sounds of fireworks as you head to the most magical place in the world with your Princesses and Prince.
a Fast pass through the exhausting morning security line would be nice.

TP2000

I'm not opposed to Autotopia getting fastpass. Selfishly I could see it saving ME time. Hopefully though it forces them to run all the tracks.

Monsters Inc though has very little utility. There was maybe one instance where I went to ride it and it was 20-25 minutes and I turned around an left. Apart from DCA, just desperately needing fast pass I guess. There is little reason to have it.

Autopia used to have Fastpass, for about a decade, roughly 2000 to 2010-ish.

The Monsters Inc. decision is baffling.

Ismael Flores

a Fast pass through the exhausting morning security line would be nice.
i still think that they should have a TSA precheck and global entry.
if the government checked me already and i can bypass security at airports then i should be able to do the same at disneyland. :)

you know that they actually took my bourbon girradeli chocolate at Disney security because i wasn't allowed to bring in alcohol. as if a piece of chocolate is going to get me drunk. they dis the same with two small chocolate bottles because it had liquored syrup. those things are tiny.

so yes a fastpass for security would be great

Last edited:

Phroobar

if the government checked me already and i can bypass security at airports then i should be able to do the same at disneyland. :)

you know that they actually took my bourbon girradeli chocolate at Disney security because i wasn't allowed to bring in alcohol. as if a piece of chocolate is going to get me drunk. they dis the same with two small chocolate bottles because it had liquored syrup. those things are tiny.

They just wanted your chocolate for lunch later.

Blu

Autopia used to have Fastpass, for about a decade, roughly 2000 to 2010-ish.

The Monsters Inc. decision is baffling.
The last 3-4 times I’ve ridden a autopia, even later in the day, there were only 2 lanes running. we get in line with a casual 30 minute wait only to find its more like 45. Soooo I’m good with An autopia fast pass.

Blu

i would also take zero issue with a stronger security. The bag check is a bit of joke even with the occasional metal scan. the type of things and people the security is for is easily bypassed. Catching a chocolate smuggling ring isn’t really moving the needle in terms of security. 😉

Phroobar

The last 3-4 times I’ve ridden a autopia, even later in the day, there were only 2 lanes running. we get in line with a casual 30 minute wait only to find its more like 45. Soooo I’m good with An autopia fast pass.
They close and open lanes in order make sure there are always guests wanting to ride. If their queue drops below a certain number they can't keep the cars running since there will be empty cars on the track. They are constantly adding and removing cars and lanes as the day goes by so the system keeps running. A FP gives them a heads up on what to expect later in the day.

Disney Analyst

So Autopia doesn't look like it's been effected that much...

but Monster's Inc has a 35 minute wait right now. Compared to RSR at 45.... WHAT THE HECK GUYS

PiratesMansion

So my takeaway from this (expected) wait time increase because of FP is that I will probably never ride Monsters again. Because I'm not going to wait in increased standby for it, but I'm also not going to waste a FP on it.

Which, honestly, is fine. Monsters is a ride I basically always regretted riding anyway, so maybe this is actually a blessing in disguise.

NateD1226

So my takeaway from this (expected) wait time increase because of FP is that I will probably never ride Monsters again. Because I'm not going to wait in increased standby for it, but I'm also not going to waste a FP on it.

Which, honestly, is fine. Monsters is a ride I basically always regretted riding anyway, so maybe this is actually a blessing in disguise.
Exactly. Plus, with the reimagining Hollywood Land coming, why still give attention to this attraction

Disney Analyst

Exactly. Plus, with the reimagining Hollywood Land coming, why still give attention to this attraction

Except Disney will use the new increased wait as an excuse to keep it around even longer. “Look, it’s so popular!”

PiratesMansion

Oh, I know exactly what they're doing. And that it will probably work. See also: Buzz.

I don't necessarily object to the ride's existence, I just personally don't care for it. And really, if more (ill-informed, naive, etc) people are going to be waiting for/using FPs for Monsters instead of doing the same for better attractions, it really works out just fine for me.

PiratesMansion

Obviously the effect of throwing FP on everything will have long-term negative ramifications, but it is clear from watching CA and Paris over the past few years (and to a lesser extent, HK and Shanghai) that someone higher up is clearly pushing FP FP FP at all costs, upcharge or otherwise. It appears to extend far beyond just some clueless DLR managers.

If that is the case, that FP must be added at all costs, MI and Autopia are logical candidates; Autopia already had it in the past, and DCA infrastructure is easier to retrofit (and realistically, what else is left to add it to? Mermaid and PhilharMagic? Unless they go full WDW and just add it to everything regardless of logic). Otherwise, they're probably out of attractions they can easily add FP to at DL without significant infrastructure changes (though Rise down the line is a no brainer).

Though now that I say that, since they're actively reworking Snow White, perhaps when that ride comes back online it'll come with FP too. Stranger things have happened. It could be a "test run" to look into the viability of reworking existing space in FL and adding FP to meet "guest demand."

Disney Analyst

Obviously the effect of throwing FP on everything will have long-term negative ramifications, but it is clear from watching CA and Paris over the past few years (and to a lesser extent, HK and Shanghai) that someone higher up is clearly pushing FP FP FP at all costs, upcharge or otherwise. It appears to extend far beyond just some clueless DLR managers.

If that is the case, that FP must be added at all costs, MI and Autopia are logical candidates; Autopia already had it in the past, and DCA infrastructure is easier to retrofit (and realistically, what else is left to add it to? Mermaid and PhilharMagic? Unless they go full WDW and just add it to everything regardless of logic). Otherwise, they're probably out of attractions they can easily add FP to at DL without significant infrastructure changes (though Rise down the line is a no brainer).

Though now that I say that, since they're actively reworking Snow White, perhaps when that ride comes back online it'll come with FP too. Stranger things have happened. It could be a "test run" to look into the viability of reworking existing space in FL and adding FP to meet "guest demand."

Look at the marketing lately. “We’ve just added two new rides to FASTPASS, MaxPass is such a value!” Followed shortly by the cost of MaxPass going up. They are clearly marketing FASTPASS based on the value of paying for MaxPass.

flutas

Otherwise, they're probably out of attractions they can easily add FP to at DL without significant infrastructure changes (though Rise down the line is a no brainer).

Pirates is the current rumor, and it makes sense with the line changes they've been running for the past few weeks (everyone goes up the right hand side instead of split under the bridge) which would lead to the left hand side being FP return.

drizgirl

Oh, I know exactly what they're doing. And that it will probably work. See also: Buzz.

I don't necessarily object to the ride's existence, I just personally don't care for it. And really, if more (ill-informed, naive, etc) people are going to be waiting for/using FPs for Monsters instead of doing the same for better attractions, it really works out just fine for me.
You don't think the addition of FP for Monsters and Autopia was worth a 33% price increase on MP?
Pirates is the current rumor, and it makes sense with the line changes they've been running for the past few weeks (everyone goes up the right hand side instead of split under the bridge) which would lead to the left hand side being FP return.
They tried this before and failed. I guess they're willing to settle for a flawed plan if it adds more FP inventory.

Phroobar

You don't think the addition of FP for Monsters and Autopia was worth a 33% price increase on MP?

They tried this before and failed. I guess they're willing to settle for a flawed plan if it adds more FP inventory.
I'm surprised MaxPass isn't closer to $70 by now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom