News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

Professortango1

I'm not disputing that, just saying that it could provide an avenue for Disney to go as frilly-girly-princessy as possible in the Snow White redo, if "they" felt they already had the spookhouse genre covered in some capacity.

Now, Snow White does just about everything more effectively than Pinocchio barring the ending, so it wouldn't be my choice for them to do that. But I could see some toady exec making that argument.

You aren't disputing they are different yet you're trying to directly compare them? Snow White has the more effective feeling of being chased and hounded...because Pinocchio doesn't have that as a goal. Pinocchio has the more effective overwhelming scope and allure of the dangerous world...because Snow White doesn't have that as a goal. Its like saying Alice in Wonderland does it more effectively than Peter Pan.

PiratesMansion

You aren't disputing they are different yet you're trying to directly compare them? Snow White has the more effective feeling of being chased and hounded...because Pinocchio doesn't have that as a goal. Pinocchio has the more effective overwhelming scope and allure of the dangerous world...because Snow White doesn't have that as a goal. Its like saying Alice in Wonderland does it more effectively than Peter Pan.

I was going off of what someone else had said about them both being spookhouse rides. While I understand Snow White and Pinocchio have different goals, they both are the most similar of the dark rides, tonally, in that both focus on the misery/menacing of the title character in a general sense (returning to my opinion that there's not much distinctive or unique about Pinocchio vs the other dark rides). If Disney wanted to go by the same logic, they certainly could. Wouldn't be the first time Disney justified a questionable decision with tortured logic.

I'm glad you find Pinocchio more effective at something than Snow White. Other than the ending, I don't. Pinocchio is my least favorite of what I'll call the "competent" tier of Disney rides and I would not shed a tear for a millisecond if it was removed so long as the space was used by another attraction of some kind. That's just the way I see it.

Mickeyboof

EBFEABA7-E452-42A3-B133-6FF770B9C94C.jpeg

B4D446A1-C48B-4678-9B37-2BF0B22B623C.jpeg

E93B34D9-C845-4CB6-9439-28E1F559CA43.jpeg

FF9D8596-5DD8-4934-BD14-5ED6BE9AF384.jpeg

Mickeyboof

I remember seeing photos of the Main Street Cinema after it was refreshed. I felt like I could never unsee how dark and saturated it looked.

On my last trip, after many trips down Main Street, I suddenly remembered this feeling, and how I completely forgot.

I’m guessing this change will be one of those.

mharrington

I noticed that the sign bearing the name of the ride has been blanked out. I really hope that the ride is not going to actually be called just "Snow White".

TP2000

It's early. This is usually how their paint jobs look before they finish/age/mute. They start with a bright solid and work it down.

Exactly. And they only had to take the scrim screening down because of the Santa Ana winds forecast this week.

This isn't the finished product, it's only a peek into the process thanks to the Santa Anas.

TP2000

I noticed that the sign bearing the name of the ride has been blanked out. I really hope that the ride is not going to actually be called just "Snow White".

In reference to the Star Wars thread where we are giving classic attractions new WDI Clever Conference Room names, the new name for this ride will be...

Snow White Happily Ever After! - She Accepted The Kiss Willingly

Phroobar

In reference to the Star Wars thread where we are giving classic attractions new WDI Clever Conference Room names, the new name for this ride will be...

Snow White Happily Ever After! - She Accepted The Kiss Willingly
Snow White's Happily Ever After - she finally gets her's.😲

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom