Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't really see it. Having Mickey's Railway available in standby doesn't do anything to satiate my demand for Rise. Even if I was over-the-moon excited about Railway, there's still nothing keeping me from trying to get a boarding pass for Rise. Maybe if I had to pick between them, but I still think that would tilt heavily in favor of Rise.
It won’t lessen the demand for Rise. But it will add more capacity for those waiting to ride Rise (or those who can’t)

YodaMan

It won’t lessen the demand for Rise. But it will add more capacity for those waiting to ride Rise (or those who can’t)

Sounds solid to me. Should also manage MMRR to an extent. If they finally bring down boarding groups to an hour-long return window all day instead of just early morning, should keep people out of line from MMRR. Would you risk being in a 2-hour line for MMMR if you only have 1 hour to get to Rise when you’re called?

disneygeek90

Sounds solid to me. Should also manage MMRR to an extent. If they finally bring down boarding groups to an hour-long return window all day instead of just early morning, should keep people out of line from MMRR. Would you risk being in a 2-hour line for MMMR if you only have 1 hour to get to Rise when you’re called?
I think the obvious solution for this is don’t get in a 2 hour standby line when your boarding group is within 20 or so groups. The windows are very easy to manage your plans around if you just keep an eye on it once in a while to gauge how it’s moving along throughout the day.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I don’t understand why FastPass/Standby isn’t the ideal option here. 8/9ths of the rides at the park opened as headliners. 4 of them in the last 22 months. Treat em the same unless they’re constantly dumping the queue.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Or better yet, standby only.
I’m up for the whole park standby only as it would spread out the lines efficiently, but one ride of it in a park with 7 FP rides is not a good idea IMHO. It would certainly cause wait times to drop at the other attractions though.

disneygeek90

I’m up for the whole park standby only as it would spread out the lines efficiently, but one ride of it in a park with 7 FP rides is not a good idea IMHO. It would certainly cause wait times to drop at the other attractions though.
It’ll have fastpass eventually but I think having SR standby only for the first 5 months worked well.

Magenta Panther

Is it just me or is it a bit excessive to have a sign that large so close to the ground? You'd think they'd mount it higher so its more noticeable? Or make it smaller if they want it right above the doorway?
mickey-minnie-runaway-railway-sign-hollywood-studios-20.jpg

Edit: Or better yet, move it out to the front side areas like the GMR signs were.

Good point. But I'm glad the sign doesn't completely cover up the dragon design. It's a stunner, and helps retain the Chinese Theater's character IMO.

Nautilus

The location of the sign makes sense to me. It fits the 'theater' you're going to a 'show' vibe. It doesn't mess with the architecture lines (at least from photos). Man, it's been awhile since I've posted. ::waves:: hi everyone! Like everyone else, I'm really curious to see how the opening plays out.

Disney Analyst

Its sad that Micechat doesn't know Disney history.

Enjoy some more Runaway Railway fun facts:
  • This is the first attraction at any Disney Park which stars Mickey, Minnie and friends.
I guess they have never heard of the Mickey Mouse Revue at the Magic Kingdom and TDL.

This is Disney’s own words. And I believe they are referring to this being the first ride through experience.

Let’s not get locked down by petty semantics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom