Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

DarkMetroid567

That’s from a desire to minimize the distribution of guest recovery packages (park hopper+Fastpass)

Lots of other things. For example, boarding group size (and rate of retention) is variable.

Was it ever confirmed boarding group size is variable? I don’t remember that ever being true, and if so....why?

Besides, your claim is bad. There would be no desire to minimize guest recovery if the ride had actually made decent progress in reliability. Instead, some of our worst days have been more recent.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Why will DHS be insane when MMRR opens? It's not like there is some huge pent-up demand for this ride. I'm sure it will be busy the first day or two and then settle into a more reasonable wait time. And I say all that as someone who will be there about 4 days after it opens, so I have a vested interest in the ride not having insanely long wait times. ;)

Ripken10

Sometimes you have to take two steps backwards to take one step forward, especially in development lifecycles. It very well could be they anticipate larger crowds coming up, and with February (typically) the slowest month, they could be using it to test the system (from a developer side) trying to get kinks worked out before the next surge in crowds. Thus the "take two steps back to take a step forward". This is not highly unusual in complex technical systems. Would also explain the lower guarenteed boarding groups on week days (when the bulk of their developers work, and I am sure Disney wants to avoid too much overtime for software developers) and the more breakdowns during the week. yes most often you want to push changes in off hours, but sometimes that is not possible when you want to see the effects right away (especially with agile development and challenges to real world simulation for a system like this in a development area).

TTA94

My guess is that they'll start out with a tier system: there will be boarding groups for both MMMR and Rise of the Resistance, but you can only get in a boarding group for 1 of them.

If so hopefully it will help with the Rise demand and actually make it doable to get a boarding group. Same will go for getting a MMRR boarding group. The problem will be if MMRR fails and is unpopular, then boarding groups will not last long and then we go right back to square one with a high demand for Rise.

Piebald

I dont really want to read through all this so I figured I'd ask...

What's the general consensus on what this ride will be like? Surprisingly great and technical or something people will find lame in a few months?

For what it's worth I thought GMR had to go so no expectations one way or the other.

rowrbazzle

It might help manage the demand for Rise.

I don't really see it. Having Mickey's Railway available in standby doesn't do anything to satiate my demand for Rise. Even if I was over-the-moon excited about Railway, there's still nothing keeping me from trying to get a boarding pass for Rise. Maybe if I had to pick between them, but I still think that would tilt heavily in favor of Rise.

SplashJacket

Surprisingly great and technical or something people will find lame in a few months?

Well, it is going to be an unconventional dark-ride but other than that your guess is as good as mine, as for whether people will find it lame in a few months, no, it should be great. As none of us have ridden it, we are unable to make any concrete conclusions on the effectiveness of the ride's effects.

It will be WDW's 2nd ever LPS trackless dark ride, the first being Rise of the Resistance. The third will be Ratatouille ~ Summer 2020. WDW will have gained three trackless dark rides within 8 months which is up from 0. It is a highly regarded system and all of them around the world are very worth doing.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom