Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

FigmentJedi

Agreed. Rode Dino the other day and it vs indy isn't even a fair fight. 1/3 of Dino you're basically just rolling around in pitch black, with a shoehorned "story" on frontside and backside of the ride. Such a shame. Everytime I ride it, I dislike it more and more.
Yeah, but Indy gets pretty reliant on blacklight paintings of skeletons towards the second half given that they probably blew the budget on the main room. Dinosaur has an edge of animatronics being spread pretty evenly throughout.

rle4lunch

Yeah, but Indy gets pretty reliant on blacklight paintings of skeletons towards the second half given that they probably blew the budget on the main room. Dinosaur has an edge of animatronics being spread pretty evenly throughout.

True, but that's part of the theming. Three terrible looking dino AA's need an update desperately.

chad5871

Does anyone know what happened to the Dreamfinder's Airship that was in Mouse Gear? I'm hoping they saved it for repurposing or future use as a decoration or part of a refurbished ride.

The Grand Inquisitor

Allegedly, they have archived it!
1580672972631.png

KevinPage

With all of the work being done at Epcot right now, I understand them not wanting to close down another attraction, when the park is starved for attractions as it is.

Assuming Spaceship Earth is the next refurb (I mean it is featured as such in the Epcot Experience), I don’t see an Imagination rehab occurring until at least both Guardians & Play pavilion are open.

Heck, I doubt Spaceship Earth goes down until at least Ratatouille and the Moana walkthrough are ready and they can claim “water” as an “attraction”.

The Grand Inquisitor

With all of the work being done at Epcot right now, I understand them not wanting to close down another attraction, when the park is starved for attractions as it is.

Assuming Spaceship Earth is the next refurb (I mean it is featured as such in the Epcot Experience), I don’t see an Imagination rehab occurring until at least both Guardians & Play pavilion are open.

Heck, I doubt Spaceship Earth goes down until at least Ratatouille and the Moana walkthrough are ready and they can claim “water” as an “attraction”.
I agree Imagination could go down around 2021-2022

KevinPage

And I’d like nothing more than an updated version of the original with current tech, along with implementing a bunch of Tony Baxter’s original ideas for the ride.

I mean, Figment is a huuuuuge merch seller and is all over festival merchandise, seemingly EVERY FESTIVAL.

This just seems like a total no-brainer that would appease not only general tourists but the hardcore purists. When you can please EVERYONE with no blowback, why not?

RoysCabin

And I’d like nothing more than an updated version of the original with current tech, along with implementing a bunch of Tony Baxter’s original ideas for the ride.

I mean, Figment is a huuuuuge merch seller and is all over festival merchandise, seemingly EVERY FESTIVAL.

This just seems like a total no-brainer that would appease not only general tourists but the hardcore purists. When you can please EVERYONE with no blowback, why not?
You're correct, but unfortunately I don't think corporate looks at that as the win-win we all agree it would be.

To them, it wouldn't be enough to have an attraction that satisfies both the casual tourists and the hardcore; instead, it'd be "are we leveraging this space enough to maximize our profit via promotion of our various properties?"

It's what fully distinguishes past Disney from modern Disney: there was an era where the theme parks were the focus and the company's big money makers, but today the parks are not the priority in and of themselves. It's not enough to have a successful ride, they want/"need" a successful ride that promotes a film or franchise that can make bigger merch money, ticket sales, or whatever else.

So a 21st century Journey Into Imagination could likely be a masterpiece if given the proper care, attention, and budget, but does that masterpiece fulfill the synergy quota enough for them to prioritize it over, say, whatever new Frozen or Beauty and the Beast show they come up with?

Bocabear

Pretty amazing....especially if you take into consideration the annual cost increases to enjoy a Disney vacation... They can certainly do better if they want to.....

No Name

I wonder if the changed SSE plans have any impact on this.

I like it better, but ultimately, its still the same ride experience and is going to fall solely on which IP you prefer.

Huh? It’s actually a very different ride experience, and which someone likes better probably has a lot to do with the attraction itself, not just the IP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom