News Josh D’Amaro Invests in Cast Members

Lilofan

Josh is really a good one. Disneyland lost a great guy, but so happy to see WDW benefiting from him, especially the hardworking CM’s.

That's a good write up. I like the fact that he is looking for healthier options at a better price. It's not smart to eat a burger and fries often with the short term and long term effects. We are a fast food nation that is slowly killing ourselves. A healthy CM is better in their job than an unhealthy CM but that also goes for any job outside of WDW.

peter11435

He’s getting a lot of flack in Orlando from cast, maybe he needs a few months to work on things.
I know quite a few cast in Orlando (from executives down to frontline and in between) and this is news to me. I’m sure there are some that dislike him and others who just don’t like anyone in charge. But from what I’ve seen and heard he has been generally well received in Orlando and he is quickly making the rounds meeting everyone.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Really, I’m shocked? Everything I’ve read, heard and seen says otherwise.
He is? Seems like he's more involved already ... though some may not like that.
Is it flack directly at him or flack from the previous park president? I'm only asking because he hasn't been in WDW very long.
I know quite a few cast in Orlando (from executives down to frontline and in between) and this is news to me. I’m sure there are some that dislike him and others who just don’t like anyone in charge. But from what I’ve seen and heard he has been generally well received in Orlando and he is quickly making the rounds meeting everyone.
To be honest I think it’s more frustrations boiling over that things haven’t happened quicker / certain issues weren't the first ones to be addressed. Personally I’m cautiously optimistic.

But of course I’m not cast (I hasten to add)

wishiwere@wdw

To be honest I think it’s more frustrations boiling over that things haven’t happened quicker / certain issues weren't the first ones to be addressed. Personally I’m cautiously optimistic.

But of course I’m not cast.
Agreed. I’ve heard similar. He’s got his work cut out for him and while I don’t think it’s gotten as bad as the Paul and Cynthia days at DL, things did seem to be slowly creeping in that direction which isn’t exactly easy to undo. Especially the morale. I’m hopeful the cast give him a chance to see what he can do. And hopefully it isn’t all talk.......again!

Lilofan

Is not that par for the course, the new person in charge makes their rounds and gets a "pulse" of the staff, then eventually comes back with the changes ( some minor, some major) and hopefully improvements to move in the right direction? He was not hired into the job just to conduct business as usual.

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
Seems like Josh knows where the attention needs to go. I’d rather have this type of investment too then just adding a couple of C rides

Still a firm believer that they need to cut back massively on collage program cast and invest more in full time.

I understand the sentiment, but let me tell you... a lot of the people who go out of their way to do the CP or an ICP are some of the biggest Disney fans who so desperately want to be part of the magic.

I participated in the summer program as an international participant, and I did not meet one person who did not live and breath Disney either in the residence or in the parks whom I worked with. Where as all the full-timers I worked with were quite the opposite...

Lilofan

I understand the sentiment, but let me tell you... a lot of the people who go out of their way to do the CP or an ICP are some of the biggest Disney fans who so desperately want to be part of the magic.

I participated in the summer program as an international participant, and I did not meet one person who did not live and breath Disney either in the residence or in the parks whom I worked with. Where as all the full-timers I worked with were quite the opposite...
I have heard some party animal stories that CPs/ICPs experience and not only are they Disney fans but some live life to the fullest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom