Updates to the Seas Pavilion

BromBones

Now all they need to do is improve Turtle Talk with crush, because that is not as entertaining as other interactive rides.
And the Nemo and Friends ride is lazy.
with VR and other new technologies they can really make an incredibly solide journey under the ocean ride.

Ideally I would love the big reveal on the ride to open to an incredibly massive aquarium tank with a tunnel you ride through and it surrounds you with massive amounts of aquatic life... or.. start the ride there and the reveal takes you around the least explored seas around the planet.

It needs something.

aladdin2007

I wish you could not see the unload from the load of the ride,,,Disney use to be masters of design with this type of thing, having an element of surprise ...but now its all just a standard open floor plan, it really takes away from sense of placement. I cringe to think just how the new SE will turn out in it's redesign.

Tom Morrow

I wish you could not see the unload from the load of the ride,,,Disney use to be masters of design with this type of thing, having an element of surprise ...but now its all just a standard open floor plan, it really takes away from sense of placement. I cringe to think just how the new SE will turn out in it's redesign.
You do have a point - the interior queue for Nemo is sort of weird and keen eyes will take notice that it used to be something else. However, when you reach the loading point it feels like you are deep "into the trenches" of the experience and it is ruined a little bit by the fact that the pavilion itself and unload are visible just beyond a small divider wall. But that said, there are many Disney rides where unload is visible from load or they are in the same place.

Tom Morrow

I do like the new signs, but it's still more of the nostalgic bait and switch that defines this new EPCOT.

Do we dare dream of an IP free Seas Pavilion? Imagine having all of Land, Seas and Imagination having almost no character tie ins!
Yep, this is better than before, but kind of like giving Guardians its own classic Epcot style logo - "See?? It fits perfectly with Epcot!"

Animaniac93-98

If they can bring back the original Seas logo, they can bring back the original Seas mural:

1580356422166.png

UNCgolf

If they can bring back the original Seas logo, they can bring back the original Seas mural

The Living Seas was the best pavilion at EPCOT (Imagination was probably second). Horizons and Spaceship Earth (and the original Imagination was third) were the best rides, but as a whole unified concept from start to finish, the Living Seas was absolutely tremendous and one of the most impressive things Disney has ever built anywhere. Just looking at that photo makes me sad that it's gone.

Anyways yes the mural was great! It reminds me that I took a photo of the mural leading into Spaceship Earth when I was there a couple of weeks ago because I'm afraid it won't survive the coming closure. Of course the best mural was the Horizons one, which was stunning and inspirational.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

I don't necessarily mind adding Nemo to the pavilion itself as it was able to breathe life into it. The ride itself was a huge missed opportunity to use the Nemo IP but make something somewhat educational rather than just a Fantasyland-style retelling of the film. To add insult to injury, the ride is supposed to be a sequel and Nemo is just being a dick by hiding from his paranoid father! But anyway, it could have been a field trip with Mr. Ray. Boom. Educational. Done.

But, in retrospect, this was the first major out of place IP element for Epcot and we know now that they have no interest in making the attractions fit the original mission of Epcot. At the very least, I wish the pavilion could de-emphasize the ride by not making it seem as though the only entrance into the pavilion. You can enter through the exit gift shop, but this isn't made totally apparent.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Seacabs used to originally have hanging curtains above them in the short corridor between unload and load. Just sayin’.

Jon81uk

Ideally I would love the big reveal on the ride to open to an incredibly massive aquarium tank with a tunnel you ride through and it surrounds you with massive amounts of aquatic life... or.. start the ride there and the reveal takes you around the least explored seas around the planet.

It would be amazing if this could be done, but unfortunately it would probably require the aquarium tank to be drained to build the new tunnel.
As amazing as the aquarium tank is, the whole thing is slightly stuck in the early 80s in terms of aquarium design and technology.

Tavernacle12

I wonder if there’s ever been talk of serious plussing to the ride itself. Nemo is a hugely popular IP and the queue is almost always empty. There’s gotta be a way to beef up the effects/plot, give the ride a rename, and make it more popular.

As a bonus, it’ll likely be one of the more universally approved of updates Epcot will have, besides Rat.

TrainsOfDisney

and the queue is almost always empty.

It’s an Omni-mover in a far corner of a huge park. I feel like the Epcot pavilions have always suffered from this. The park is so spread out and you usually have to go inside of a pavilion to know what it’s about or know that you want to be inside. It’s an interesting design.

UNCgolf

I wonder if there’s ever been talk of serious plussing to the ride itself. Nemo is a hugely popular IP and the queue is almost always empty. There’s gotta be a way to beef up the effects/plot, give the ride a rename, and make it more popular.

As a bonus, it’ll likely be one of the more universally approved of updates Epcot will have, besides Rat.

I don't think there's a ton they can do. They can't make that tunnel bigger or do much with it because it goes through the aquarium tank. Using that location has numerous constraints.

What they should do is remove the Nemo ride completely, change it back to the old sea cabs with the Sea Base Alpha theme, and then go build an actual Nemo ride somewhere else (Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios... I'd even be okay with Animal Kingdom if it was part of a retheme of the Dinosaur area) that can be built from scratch with the freedom that allows. They'd be able to build something much more impressive than they could ever build in that repurposed tunnel.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Bad ride is bad whether it has IP (Nemo) or not (Superstar). And Nemo is a bad ride. It is a book report ride that gets the book all wrong. The Nemo ride is to Nemo as what the current Figment ride is to Figment: an unenjoyable disaster.

It's no wonder that both rides are so often a walk-on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom