News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

UNCgolf

The Epcot Experience teaser for this ride does not make me optimistic that it will fit in EPCOT at all. Not that I had high hopes it would fit to begin with, but the teaser is all about Rocket cutting off the actual pavilion/embassy speech and blasting music instead. That's at least somewhat on theme with the movies themselves (although it felt a little off even for the movies to me), but it really reinforced my belief that it belongs in Hollywood Studios.

I'm sure it will be a fun ride, but the teaser makes it seem more like a RnRC or a Tron than anything that should ever go into EPCOT.

YodaMan

The Epcot Experience teaser for this ride does not make me optimistic that it will fit in EPCOT at all. Not that I had high hopes it would fit to begin with, but the teaser is all about Rocket cutting off the actual pavilion/embassy speech and blasting music instead. That's at least somewhat on theme with the movies themselves (although it felt a little off even for the movies to me), but it really reinforced my belief that it belongs in Hollywood Studios.

I'm sure it will be a fun ride, but the teaser makes it seem more like a RnRC or a Tron than anything that should ever go into EPCOT.

Not disagreeing with you, but just for argument’s sake I’d like to point out that the Epcot Experience preview is mostly reusing Mission Breakout animation so it’s likely not indicative of the overall style of the Epcot ride and is just the cheap and easy choice.

rle4lunch

Not disagreeing with you, but just for argument’s sake I’d like to point out that the Epcot Experience preview is mostly reusing Mission Breakout animation so it’s likely not indicative of the overall style of the Epcot ride and is just the cheap and easy choice.

It also alludes to a big bang if you notice the subtle animation cues before Rocket shows up...

Next Big Thing

So basically what you're saying is that coasters have no place in Epcot? I highly disagree with that even while I know GotG is out of theme.

UNCgolf

So basically what you're saying is that coasters have no place in Epcot? I highly disagree with that even while I know GotG is out of theme.

No? That's not what I'm saying at all. My point was just that the teaser made it seem like it will be a fast thrill ride without much else to it. Future World rides should be something more than that, and hopefully the teaser just doesn't capture the essence of the ride.

DreamfinderGuy

The teaser is pretty much a slap in the face to what EPCOT stands for. That being said, I don’t think it’s very representative of the attraction itself. There’s only so much that can be said in that short amount of time

Incomudro

The teaser is pretty much a slap in the face to what EPCOT stands for. That being said, I don’t think it’s very representative of the attraction itself. There’s only so much that can be said in that short amount of time

Epcot was never what Epcot really stood for in the first place - though yes, there was a cohesive theme.
Guardian's wouldn't have fit Epcot in its glory days unless there was a clear message about energy or the like.
But now?
Guardians certainly fits the Epcot of today.
I loved the Epcot of the past, it was my favorite park at the time.
But it's gone and it's never coming back.

ImperfectPixie

Epcot was never what Epcot really stood for in the first place - though yes, there was a cohesive theme.
Guardian's wouldn't have fit Epcot in its glory days unless there was a clear message about energy or the like.
But now?
Guardians certainly fits the Epcot of today.
I loved the Epcot of the past, it was my favorite park at the time.
But it's gone and it's never coming back.
And that energy tie-in would have been SO EASY.

THE Monorail Lime

I don’t mean to start another argument here, but I’m actually super excited for this, I really trust WDI with the budget they’ve been given, yes I did original think they were shoehorning it in with the original theme, but keeping it about the Big Bang, making it Zandar joining as a pavilion? That’s exactly what I would want from a GOTG ride at Epcot.

Epcot82Guy

That really is the main divide, I think. Blending in fantasy in that way moved Epcot to a fundamentally different theme. And that's a personal decision in how you feel about that.

It will always be a big debate, but that certainly doesn't mean you're wrong for feeling that it thinking it works in your mind. Just as many of us are equally right thinking it really doesn't fit or make sense. It's all in what you found/find enjoyable about a given park and its theme.

TrainsOfDisney

I don’t mean to start another argument here, but I’m actually super excited for this, I really trust WDI with the budget they’ve been given, yes I did original think they were shoehorning it in with the original theme, but keeping it about the Big Bang, making it Zandar joining as a pavilion? That’s exactly what I would want from a GOTG ride at Epcot.

I’m excited about what WDI will do as well, it will hopefully be an impressive and fun attraction. I still don’t like the idea of Guardians in Epcot, and I wish they could have incorporated the Dino’s into the new attraction, Even if it was part of the q or just a standalone walk-through. But what’s done is done....

celluloid

That's not an unfair or inaccurate analogy... And, while I appreciated the film, I never really got Captain Eo in Epcot either. Though it does have the behind the scenes parts.

Captain Eo was a showcase into the theater because 4d effects and it's techniques were new to a film on that level and it had imagination being sci do from creative minds. When it premiered Music Videos themselves as a common production were not even 5 years old

Tonto

Captain Eo was a showcase into the theater because 4d effects and it's techniques were new to a film on that level and it had imagination being sci do from creative minds. When it premiered Music Videos themselves as a common production were not even 5 years old
It was a nice little attraction back in the day.
Not sure it needed a second go around though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom