Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Castle Cake Apologist

It'a the same ride system so they go hand in hand with how things may operate on both rides.

I'd wager that most people coming into this thread aren't looking for a pages-long discussion about Disney purposefully cutting capacity as part of SOP.

Other than also being an LPS (which have been around quite some time), MMRR and RotR are two totally different beasts. The issues surrounding Rise will not surround MMRR.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I have been on these boards for about 6 months and what I’ve learned is that the title of a thread is at best a vague directional indicator of the topic being discussed at any given moment.

For example, this thread about MMRR is currently discussing what is and isn’t on topic, which at most message boards would get moved to another thread.

Maybe that’s not intentional but that’s certainly the MO that this relative newcomer has picked up.

ImperfectPixie

I have been on these boards for about 6 months and what I’ve learned is that the title of a thread is at best a vague directional indicator of the topic being discussed at any given moment.

For example, this thread about MMRR is currently discussing what is and isn’t on topic, which at most message boards would get moved to another thread.

Maybe that’s not intentional but that’s certainly the MO that this relative newcomer has picked up.
I'll be honest...I rather like that we're allowed to stray a little bit...it makes the conversation flow more naturally as sometimes one thing relates to another or brings something else to mind. I do agree though that sometimes the straying is way more than a little.

Parker in NYC

Other than also being an LPS (which have been around quite some time), MMRR and RotR are two totally different beasts. The issues surrounding Rise will not surround MMRR.

Famous last words? I'm an optimist but I foresee issues with MMRR. Every attraction has issues but I really hope they're ready to open this to the civilians when they say they are.

Tom Morrow

I’m a message board veteran (not really something to brag about! 😂) and what always happens to forums that over-moderate is the user base drifts away because most of the time it just kills the fun.
Another reason I don’t mind is that traditional message boards such as this are dying out in favor of the Reddit format which I have never been a fan of, because conversations don’t flow naturally in that format and unpopular opinions get pushed out of sight.

ImperfectPixie

I’m a message board veteran (not really something to brag about! 😂) and what always happens to forums that over-moderate is the user base drifts away because most of the time it just kills the fun.
Another reason I don’t mind is that traditional message boards such as this are dying out in favor of the Reddit format which I have never been a fan of, because conversations don’t flow naturally in that format and unpopular opinions get pushed out of sight.
Agree 100%. In my Disney group, no topic is off-limits as long as it remains civil. We have very few problems with rudeness and/or name-calling, etc. and the members seem to really enjoy that we allow such freedom.

ETA: Except this ONE person who pops up every now and then asking "how is this Disney related?" even though it's right in the group description that we talk about basically anything. 🤦‍♀️

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
What’s odd about caring about your employees more than guests?
1580307681925.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What's happening around 8 pm that's drawing crowds away from the rides... is that Fantasmic! or the Star Wars light show?

ETA: And do you think it will also affect MMRR? (to keep it on topic)

Both.

Funny thing with MMRR.... during the hub show they'll be watching not only the show, but people entering the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom