News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

Ohhh my god. I can not believe that happened. By the time I even made it into Batuu my group was called (8) and myself and two other single riders are all that made it into the first preshow. Then I was sorted right hall while the other two went left so I had the whole cell and ride to myself??? I picked silver (side AT-AT front row)

Needless to say that was such a cool experience and one I’m sure I’ll never see again. I took a couple videos and pictures along the way 😍
The final Kylo is in B mode

NickC

So I haven't been paying much attention over the last few days so perhaps I missed this, but it looks like return windows for boarding groups are only one hour now?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200126-073353.png
    Screenshot_20200126-073353.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 106

disneygeek90

So I haven't been paying much attention over the last few days so perhaps I missed this, but it looks like return windows for boarding groups are only one hour now?
Hmm... you’re right. I didn’t even realize that this morning either. Seems bad if people are park hopping... I still have my notification from yesterday and it was two. Are they giving less time first thing in the morning maybe?

6AD0EA1C-9090-4948-A1FC-7A98C178B6A6.jpeg

Extremely frustrating morning. Yes. We got here too late but would have been fine had the bag check not taken 10 minutes :(. Frustrating watching the other lines blow by but what can you do. Anyway, entered the app at 7:03 and got backup group 121. Likely not getting on today.
I wouldn’t get discouraged yet. They called 151 groups yesterday and had time for more if they had distributed them.

Last edited:

carolina_yankee

We'll be there Wednesday. I've been testing different methods at home. I can never get the Join Boarding Group button to light up if the app is already open (no matter what refresh or back/forth method I use), so I plan to open from scratch.

It seems that I should open at exactly 7:00 am, or would I get a bit of a jump if I start the opening process 10-15 seconds earlier without risking being too early? Those fireworks sometimes take time to cycle through before the screen settles!

I realize this may simply be the difference between riding in the morning or afternoon, but we do have late afternoon plans at Epcot (cancellable) that I'd like to make if I can.

disneygeek90

We'll be there Wednesday. I've been testing different methods at home. I can never get the Join Boarding Group button to light up if the app is already open (no matter what refresh or back/forth method I use), so I plan to open from scratch.

It seems that I should open at exactly 7:00 am, or would I get a bit of a jump if I start the opening process 10-15 seconds earlier without risking being too early? Those fireworks sometimes take time to cycle through before the screen settles!

I realize this may simply be the difference between riding in the morning or afternoon, but we do have late afternoon plans at Epcot (cancellable) that I'd like to make if I can.
What time did you arrive and what process
Did you use ?
I opened the app from complete close at 6:59:59. Join boarding group was red. After trying the More Info > My Status technique yesterday I’m only opening from close from now on. That way seems really unreliable and you waste too much time refreshing, clicking my status etc.

I was at the parking booths about 6:25 and tapped in at 6:40.

wishiwere@wdw

Hmm... you’re right. I didn’t even realize that this morning either. Seems bad if people are park hopping... I still have my notification from yesterday and it was two. Are they giving less time first thing in the morning maybe?

View attachment 443656

I wouldn’t get discouraged yet. They called 151 groups yesterday and had time for more if they had distributed them.
Thanks. I appreciate the heads up :). We’re hoping for the best. I really can’t complain too much as we’re local and can come back but I did do 1 night on property just to do this as it’s challenging to get out the door with 4 kids... which is mostly why we still ended up getting there at 6:50 instead of earlier lol

DCBaker

Premium Member
Thanks. I appreciate the heads up :). We’re hoping for the best. I really can’t complain too much as we’re local and can come back but I did do 1 night on property just to do this as it’s challenging to get out the door with 4 kids... which is mostly why we still ended up getting there at 6:50 instead of earlier lol

121 was called between 3 and 4 yesterday, just as a reference.

Ohhh my god. I can not believe that happened. By the time I even made it into Batuu my group was called (8) and myself and two other single riders are all that made it into the first preshow. Then I was sorted right hall while the other two went left so I had the whole cell and ride to myself??? I picked silver (side AT-AT front row)

Needless to say that was such a cool experience and one I’m sure I’ll never see again. I took a couple videos and pictures along the way 😍
The final Kylo is in B mode

That was me in the Resistance jacket! What an insane experience! I wonder why they decided to split us when we were only three people though...

gerarar

Premium Member
It kinda makes sense. Like if you're in the first 10 or so groups, chances are you're just waiting nearby to get on the ride. So they shorten your return window, in which they will be able to call more groups in the long run (theoretically).

That's IF the 2-hour return is still applicable for later groups, especially for backup BGs.

So far 2 decent downtimes today....not a good start after a promising 2 past days..

YodaMan

Yes I was given an hour today. I thought that seemed different. Is that the new normal?View attachment 443698

Good to know. Had heard Boarding Groups would change to both 1-hour OR 2-hour. Wasn’t sure what that would look like. Definitely seems like the first groups only have a 1-hour return. Would bet some of the last groups called will have a 1-hour window as well to allow them to call groups closer to park close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom