News Tomorrowland love

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow! Well...unless you lost your hand...

Well, that confirms it. The reason she does not appear in any other scene is this......

John did not get Martha to fall in love with him at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance. Their little girls hand is starting to disappear and apparently Marty is not able to save her.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, that confirms it. The reason she does not appear in any other scene is this......

John did not get Martha to fall in love with him at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance. Their little girls hand is starting to disappear and apparently Marty is not able to save her.

No, no. In the Crises on Infinite Carousels, the timeline vignettes will collapse into one scene. And being a minor character in only one universe, she won't be in the merged timeline. She's the first to go in the intertemporal field apocalypse!!

The_Jobu

No, no. In the Crises on Infinite Carousels, the timeline vignettes will collapse into one scene. And being a minor character in only one universe, she won't be in the merged timeline. She's the first to go in the intertemporal field apocalypse!!

A great big beautiful tomorrow...
1*iYBofCbUN3hn48a5a8bN5A.jpeg

trainplane3

We have "new" supports by MiLF!
Before:
July
zf5fdQf.jpg

October:
tOus0sk.jpg

After:
tomorrowland-decor-construction-peoplemover-magic-kingdom-01252020-07-1.jpg

And additional ones being worked on around the land!
tomorrowland-decor-construction-peoplemover-magic-kingdom-01252020-17-1.jpg

Now about gettings those under-track supports to be less...metal...

Who knew I could get so excited over some stupid roof supports?
In case I didn't have enough of a reason to head to MK just to ride the PM, this is going to bring me over just to take pictures of the small updates happening. Mainly just to have personal history reasons.

Last edited:

Donaldfan1934

Same here. In fact, out of all the ongoing construction projects at WDW, this has been the one I’ve been keeping up with most obsessively over the past few months. Given that progress on the supports has been so slow from the start, it’s really exciting to see that things are finally starting to move at a reasonable pace.

MadTeacup

Now about gettings those under-track supports to be less...metal...

In case I didn't have enough of a reason to head to MK just to ride the PM, this is going to bring me over just to take pictures of the small updates happening. Mainly just to have personal history reasons.
Hopefully those will be the next Phase? Honestly, I've been holding out hope that all the pipes and crap attached to the SGE complex that were recently painted white will eventually be stripped as well. Unfortunately, something tells me that if it has been painted, it's probably not going anywhere. Hopefully I'm wrong. The only thing worse than a half-complete, thematically-lost Tomorrowland '94 (which was absolutely terrific in it's original form) is a half-executed restoration of the '71/'75 aesthetic. I have also greatly enjoyed watching the PeopleMover's sleek form return to life and hope that Tomorrowland will continue this positive momentum.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hopefully those will be the next Phase? Honestly, I've been holding out hope that all the pipes and crap attached to the SGE complex that were recently painted white will eventually be stripped as well. Unfortunately, something tells me that if it has been painted, it's probably not going anywhere. Hopefully I'm wrong. The only thing worse than a half-complete, thematically-lost Tomorrowland '94 (which was absolutely terrific in it's original form) is a half-executed restoration of the '71/'75 aesthetic. I have also greatly enjoyed watching the PeopleMover's sleek form return to life and hope that Tomorrowland will continue this positive momentum.
Originally the roof fins were coming down. Now it looks like they’re staying as you say.

Donaldfan1934

Originally the roof fins were coming down. Now it looks like they’re staying as you say.
Well, if they don’t plan on getting rid of them in the immediate future as currently appears to be the case, they’re going to awkwardly mask the connection they had to the support beams that are currently being removed.
51CF345A-C2BA-4849-94A3-FED3A1486030.jpeg
8525ABF8-2136-43FA-81C8-EB9D27076DBE.jpeg

Hopefully, Imagineering can get the funds to take the roof fins down eventually, even if it’s several years down the road. The unfortunate thing about this current refresh is that it seems to be completely dependent whatever extra money they can find and not a formal budget of its own.

trainplane3

Well, if they don’t plan on getting rid of them in the immediate future as currently appears to be the case, they’re going to awkwardly mask the connection they had to the support beams that are currently being removed.View attachment 443700View attachment 443701
Hopefully, Imagineering can get the funds to take the roof fins down eventually, even if it’s several years down the road. The unfortunate thing about this current refresh is that it seems to be completely dependent whatever extra money they can find and not a formal budget of its own.
I was about to say "they seal the hole like they did when they got rid of the Monsters Inc UFO" but I forgot about the awkward connection there. I'm hoping they painted them white just to make it more uniform until it's time to remove them.
Get rid of the roof fins.

Get rid of the yellow AE tower.

Bring back Star Jets.

Do it right.
I'm still wondering if it's supposed to turn blue in the future. That's one thing @marni1971 mentioned like 2 years ago that I haven't forgotten for some reason. It could work with a spire covered TL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom