Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

TP2000

I have to disagree with you there. There is absolutely no increase in the rate at which they call boarding groups before they shut down the VQ. If there was you would see the graph jumping faster than any other time of the day, but you don't. They might give them 2 hours to come back, but they aren't calling "1-2 hours worth of BGs."

View attachment 443124

Agreed. While there is certainly some amount of queue left outside and in the pre-shows when they call the last Boarding Group for the night, it seems to be in the 30 to 45 minute range instead of 1 to 2 hours worth.

We also have a couple of first hand accounts here over the last week of people who were called in the last or nearly last Boarding Group for the night, waited in a modest queue before entering the shuttle transport to start the 15 minute long experience, and then were among the last to exit the now-empty ride before 10pm even though the park was open until 11pm or Midnight that day.

In short, they are using the Boarding Group system to purposely (and rather slyly) close the ride one to three hours early each night before the park officially closes. That's a brand new strategy for Disneyland, especially for E Tickets.
New E Tickets at that.

NateD1226

Update. Comparison of today and opening day (best day)

1579826243829.png

Ismael Flores

This is gonna be close, but we'll all keep a good thought. Yesterday they only got to Boarding Group 90 before they shut it down for the night at 8:10pm. On Tuesday they did get to Boarding Group 111 before shutting it down at 8:05pm.

We still haven't started today's afternoon High Tea downtime though.

At least it's a beautiful day today and the wait times seem very low in both parks! Come on Boarding Group 104!!!

its at 75-88. bit worried for them because the lower number has been changing but the 88 has been stuck at that for a while.

hopefully they are not just going to stop at 88

flynnibus

Premium Member
What the boarding group system is doing is discouraging prospective paid guests from even planning a trip, because the current ride capacity is abominably low, and it's basically a lottery whether or not your time and money will even get you into the queue.

If you're an AP, sure, why not show up until you get on? But is that why Disneyland built this? For the saturated AP market?

If they were getting 15-20k people a day on it, and and offering a reliable standby option for those whose phones took 10 seconds too long to refresh, this might be a fun time for non-locals to visit. But, rumor is they're not even getting half that much, and nobody in their right mind is going to spend travel, lodging, food, and admission with those odds

Did I miss all the trip reports from people saying they went to DL or WDW and couldn't get on during their trip?

Dunno about you.. but I've yet to see any of those trip reports from vacationers.

Ismael Flores

Do they send notifications when they call the last boarding groups for the day?
or
Do they keep guests hanging, still hoping they get called since the park is schedule to close four hours from now

shambolicdefending

Did I miss all the trip reports from people saying they went to DL or WDW and couldn't get on during their trip?

Dunno about you.. but I've yet to see any of those trip reports from vacationers.
That's exactly the point. The people who would be posting said reports did their homework and decided to stay home, instead.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Do they send notifications when they call the last boarding groups for the day?
or
Do they keep guests hanging, still hoping they get called since the park is schedule to close four hours from now
They send notifications throughout the day to groups they clearly aren’t going to get to.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
its at 75-88. bit worried for them because the lower number has been changing but the 88 has been stuck at that for a while.

Which seems to indicate they are still running the ride and allowing those who were called up to 88 into the queue, but not letting anyone above 88 enter. TP2000 keeps joking about the 4:30pm tea time, but I honestly feel that they are running an intentional late afternoon shutdown. Maybe for some quick maintenance to get things that stopped working back up for the evening?

TP2000

Yes, it was closed for High Tea for about 45 minutes. But I put in a word and they kept it very short today. They have reopened and are now at Boarding Group 92. Onward and upward to Boarding Group 104!

On the plus side, they are selling these at the exit gift kiosk from 4pm to 5:30pm.

240464_1.jpg

shambolicdefending

I lol'd

Because of some sample being scared of missing out... we are supposed to ignore the thousands who are doing just fine and disproving the fear?

Ok...
Well, glad I could contribute some laughter to your day.

I don't think anybody is "afraid." We're not talking about the Coronavirus here, but anybody hanging out and posting on Disney forums will be smart enough to know the odds when they see the how fast the BGs are eaten up, and see the very inconsistent number getting through every day.

If you're like me and require a lot of time and expense to go, there's every reason to wait and do something else this year instead.

RobWDW1971

Well, glad I could contribute some laughter to your day.

I don't think anybody is "afraid." We're not talking about the Coronavirus here, but anybody hanging out and posting on Disney forums will be smart enough to know the odds when they see the how fast the BGs are eaten up, and see the very inconsistent number getting through every day.

If you're like me and require a lot of time and expense to go, there's every reason to wait and do something else this year instead.
Agree and it’s not about those of us spending our lives on discussion boards, the fear for Disney is that it seeps into the mainstream - when the general population hears “don’t go you can’t even get on it”.

That is a real problem and could be like last summer where you not only don’t get the bump in attendance, people actively stay away and wait for a new narrative to emerge.

Last edited:

TP2000

Let's all remain calm and not panic, but it broke down and has been stuck at Boarding Group 96 for the last 20 minutes.

I think it would be appropriate if we all said a quiet little word to whomever it is we talk to and focus on getting the ride reopened within an hour or so. We need to get to Boarding Group 104, gang. :oops:

Phroobar

Let's all remain calm and not panic, but it broke down and has been stuck at Boarding Group 96 for the last 20 minutes.

I think it would be appropriate if we all said a quiet little word to whomever it is we talk to and focus on getting the ride reopened within an hour or so. We need to get to Boarding Group 104, gang. :oops:
Oh Great Mouse, please help us in our time of need. Please inspire your maintenance crew to fix the ride and to use less duct tape and chewing gum in their repairs. Please grant them overtime pay so we may get to boarding group 108 tonight. We thank you, Great Mouse. Please accept more of our earnings as a sacrifice to you.

TP2000

Oh Great Mouse, please help us in our time of need. Please inspire your maintenance crew to fix the ride and to use less duct tape and chewing gum in their repairs. Please grant them overtime pay so we may get to boarding group 108 tonight. We thank Great Mouse. Please accept more of our earnings as sacrifice to you.

Thank you, that's very helpful!

I'm talking right now to this God and Goddess. They're both working on it, from both ends of the problem...

Maui, Hawaiian God of Time
449632040_ccf86a4d9e_b.jpg

Zenia, Burbank Goddess of Communications
Zenia-Mucha-Featured-Management.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom