News FastPass+ comes to Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Weather_Lady

I wonder what people will miss by doing the FastPass queue. I assume it will skip the whole preshow? Anything else?

There are some nice, detailed walkthroughs of the queue on Youtube. (Disclaimer: I've only been through the one at Disneyland, but I believe they are carbon copies of each other.) It's immersive and offers some cool details, but I wouldn't spend significant time in line just to see them.

dr_seeker

Couldn't get into MDE on my phone but the site is working on my PC, albeit slowly. I changed my morning TSMM/Star Tours/Mermaid throwaway to morning ToT/RoRC and an early afternoon MFSR. Pretty happy about it.

EDIT: Switched the 1:45 MFSR for a 1:25 Slinky Dog that just opened!

Last edited:

BromBones

It looks like my wife was on top of that this morning and got ours.
I hope this is not as I have heard...just a big video game.

But wouldn't it make more sense to just have two people ride at a time (one pilot and one co-pilot)? Those are the only two seats that really seem to get the full effect of the ride.

In the movie there was Han and Chewie. They piloted the Millennium Falcon without any crew on a regular basis.
So now we need 4 other people in the cockpit doing pretty pointless things and being in the back so they can't really enjoy the full effect of the ride?

That's how it appears to me. Once I ride it I can speak to it better, but I absolutely refuse to be in the back of the cockpit. I will wait until I can sit in the front two seats with my wife.

ToTBellHop

But wouldn't it make more sense to just have two people ride at a time (one pilot and one co-pilot)? Those are the only two seats that really seem to get the full effect of the ride.

In the movie there was Han and Chewie. They piloted the Millennium Falcon without any crew on a regular basis.
So now we need 4 other people in the cockpit doing pretty pointless things and being in the back so they can't really enjoy the full effect of the ride?

That's how it appears to me. Once I ride it I can speak to it better, but I absolutely refuse to be in the back of the cockpit. I will wait until I can sit in the front two seats with my wife.
Disney has to provide decent capacity...at some point, realism has to play back-up to operations. It’s a theme park ride. Any number of ride vehicles are bigger than they should be. Those Gringott’s carts are much smaller in the films. Hagrid never drives a train of 7 motorcycles.

It’s a ride. But certainly feel free to wait and block the view of 8-year olds on the moving video game. Kids suck at piloting anyway and the Resistance NEEDS that coaxium!

At least the RotR prisoner transport vehicles look JUST like the ones in the films.

durangojim

I've ridden it four or five times now, three times as a pilot, once as a gunner, and once as an engineer. The gunner was my least favorite spot, but I had a great time every time I flew. Being a pilot with my son and daughter was wonderful, especially watching each of them send us into hyperspace. When my wife and I were both engineers it was one of the funniest experiences that we had because the pilots were so bad the ship actually stopped working and we had to fix it. It was great! Yest it's a video game but a wonderfully immersive one with lots of things to push. People who don't have fun on this ride must be taking it far to seriously.

Last edited:

MrPromey

Having ridden it, based on your comments, my honest and sincere recommendation would be to change those fastpasses now so that someone who will enjoy this ride can have a chance at them because you clearly aren't going to (enjoy it).

Last edited:

Kman101

Eh. It was bound to happen. Can't wait to see standby flow out of the queue and into switchbacks outside. Yay.

HS still desperately needs more things to do and updated stage shows. Have they given up? I mean, I appreciate them doing *something* with two theaters but phew ... they need to do better.

ToTBellHop

Eh. It was bound to happen. Can't wait to see standby flow out of the queue and into switchbacks outside. Yay.

HS still desperately needs more things to do and updated stage shows. Have they given up? I mean, I appreciate them doing *something* with two theaters but phew ... they need to do better.
The lack of the (planned) show updates is mind-boggling. So close to a full park refresh and they chose to cut the cheapest parts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom