Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

jrayfarm

Oh interesting. I wonder if this will be the new norm. Did they announce the boarding group distribution time in advance? Or did you not know till you showed up.

The park opened at 9 am, hence the later start to distribution. It looks like they went in minutes again, according to thrill-data.com.

I wonder if DL will pull a play similar to what DHS has done and start moving the park opening time up earlier, even though it is off-season. I imagine a series of 7 am park openings would allow folks to register for boarding groups while minimizing 'camp out time' *and* spread out the distribution of the groups a little further, so they don't dissipate in minutes.

waltography

So groups 1-70 are considered guaranteed today, so the 70 boarding groups trend some people mentioned here is spot on. Odd they’d do that though considering the park closes at 9 tonight.

I imagine a series of 7 am park openings would allow folks to register for boarding groups while minimizing 'camp out time' *and* spread out the distribution of the groups a little further, so they don't dissipate in minutes.
It’s nice in theory, but I worry that all it’ll do is push the early birds to come even earlier for the sake of adding like 10 backup boarding groups.

Ismael Flores

There's a part of me that wishes that the boarding system would prioritize passes as follows during this first month:

1. Hotel Guests
2. Day/Multi-Day Tickets
3. Passholders

I'm guessing they could easily build the system to recognize tickets based on these purchase categories.

i think that is way to many people. I would only leave number one in the list. They are the ones paying $400+ dollars a day for a hotel room.

multi day tickets can chance it like every other guests especially since many of those at the moment are getting their multi day ticket at a So cal discount.

Passholders shouldn't be included on that list (yes i have a pass) because we have plenty of opportunities to ride it

Nirya

Do we have stats on how long boarding passes were available for today? That's what I'm most curious about, since it's really the first offseason-like day the ride has seen here.

el_super

So groups 1-70 are considered guaranteed today, so the 70 boarding groups trend some people mentioned here is spot on.

Maybe they have the attraction on a set 24hr schedule for operation/maintenance. The park opening/closing time doesn't really impact how many riders per day they can push through, because the ride is going to open and close at the same time each day.

waltography

Do we have stats on how long boarding passes were available for today? That's what I'm most curious about, since it's really the first offseason-like day the ride has seen here.
I don’t know about stats, but it must have been around 3-4 minutes today because I got my boarding group 44 and helped a couple right after and they got 87.

Stevek

i think that is way to many people. I would only leave number one in the list. They are the ones paying $400+ dollars a day for a hotel room.

multi day tickets can chance it like every other guests especially since many of those at the moment are getting their multi day ticket at a So cal discount.

Passholders shouldn't be included on that list (yes i have a pass) because we have plenty of opportunities to ride it
Entirely possible. My assumption is that APs would be last IF there weren't enough people in the first 2 buckets that tried to get a boarding pass.

choco choco

Sometimes you can't re-invent the wheel. Maybe they should have just built a ride with a freaking track like rides are supposed to have so they can have the capacity they need and not have all this drama. seriously WDI, WHATS wrong with a track ride now and then? look at Indy? its amazing and immersive and no one has ever complained it is on a track.

I don't think capacity has anything to do with track or untracked. It's mainly a function of how many people you can load and unload in a given time.

Rise of the Resistance actually has more people per show (or per dispatch, if you want to call it that way) than Indy does. Indy is 12 people per show, while Rise is 16.

mlayton144

You're interpreting the mass exodus from DL as a problem with SWL or RotR.

Maybe it's a problem with DL that no one, once they're there and find out they can't ride RotR (at least, for now), don't want to stay in DL. That's a lot of disinterest in staying in the world's premier park.

But Disneyland has the highest ride count LOL

croboy82

wait, I thought you had to be IN the park to board a group but watch this at 2:30.

I need to say though that they did enter Disneyland but just left right after. And then boarded the group outside. I'm sure it's easier that way with better connection.

Mickeyboof

wait, I thought you had to be IN the park to board a group but watch this at 2:30.

I need to say though that they did enter Disneyland but just left right after. And then boarded the group outside. I'm sure it's easier that way with better connection.

This makes sense to me. The app doesn’t care where you are, as long as your ticket has been scanned.

Has anyone had any luck at the monorail entrance?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

It's not a bad idea. When you exit the park, ticket-wise the system doesn't know you left until you scan back in at either park. Apparently the boarding pass system doesn't take GPS into account, just need to be scanned in. So scan in, leave, and find a spot with good reception or WiFi.

I've personally never had cell reception issues around Main Street, so I probably will just stay there when I go this weekend. I'm really hoping I can get lucky Sunday morning, because I have to leave the parks at 6pm to make my flight home. <fingers crossed>

I guess if I can't ride it this trip I'll at least have a couple days at the parks being a lot less busy then when I was there Thanksgiving week.

Side note:
I've never entered the park in the morning from the monorail entrance, but I'm assuming that entrance opens at park opening since you'd be bypassing rope drop, correct? No advantage there?

Ismael Flores

In fact, I’d be curious to know who here (sub-forum regulars) has been consistently visiting Disneyland since babyhood.

I've been a regular DL visitor since before i was born in 1968. Mom was pregnant with me when she went in '68.

sadly there was a gap and then started visiting regularly since age of 4 in '72.

had several family members off and on work at the park and a family friend that worked since park opened. He passed away a few years ago.

If i remember correctly i started being an annual passholder thru the magic Kingdom club around 1983. I do not go every day though but at least once a month. I have been traveling quite a bit so Disneyland is kind of a stress reliever when i am not away.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member

If you enter, but do not scan at another park... Disney doesn't have a solid way of knowing you aren't in the park. They aren't using GPS/geo-fencing to regulate BGs... just making sure you had valid admission media AND scanned into the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom