‘Burly’ Disneyland visitor pulls Excalibur from Sword in the Stone- OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

>>A close adviser to the new King of Disneyland told that “my friend Sam” broke the sword during a visit on Jan. 8.

“He literally ripped it out,” an eyewitness told . “It was his first time at Disney and he’s a pretty buff dude. I told him if he pulled it out he’d win a prize and he just used brute force I guess.”

Disneyland employees took the “broken and jagged” Excalibur and taped over the hole in the anvil to keep visitors from cutting their fingers on the broken blade of the sword, according to the eyewitness.

Another eyewitness told they watched a “very burly man” remove the sword from the stone.

“At first it seemed as if he had pulled it out, but a (cast member) quickly came over (because) he had in fact broken it,” the second eyewitness said. <<

jme

For so many witnesses, I find it odd that that there are no photos of videos of this happening...
OC Register is usually a pretty decent source, however this story is based exclusively on reporting from an unreliable source...

Not saying it didn't happen, but I wanna see the receipts

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
For so many witnesses, I find it odd that that there are no photos of videos of this happening...
OC Register is usually a pretty decent source, however this story is based exclusively on reporting from an unreliable source...

Not saying it didn't happen, but I wanna see the receipts

It was a freak incident, so why do expect someone was filming? Sounds like the guest told CM's shortly after it happened, and turned over the piece of the sword removed.

We know Disney won't share this incident, as it isn't great for its image.

Things happen....

jme

I just don't trust the source of the information, there's a reason just mentioning the site on these forums automatically censors it.

Ismael Flores

Do they ever do the Sword in the Stone ceremony anymore?

will the repair end up removing the mechanism that allowed for the ceremony to happen and just put the sword in there fixed without movement?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom