Castaway Cay parasail info

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Hi all,

Has anyone done the parasailing at Castaway Cay? We’ve got a double dipper in July and thought our 8 year old might like it. He’s 58lb. I assume the minimum of 90lb is assuming you wanted to do it single. We would definitely want to do it tandem.
It’s a little bit expensive for a pretty short experience, so I was hoping someone on here might have done it.

jme

I have not done this personally, but you are correct about the weight restriction.
From TouringPlans
The Castaway Cay parasailing excursions are open to guests ages 8 and up. The minimum weight is 90 pounds, and the maximum weight is 375 pounds. Guests under 90 pounds may be able to ride if they fly tandem with another guest. However, the combined tandem weight may not exceed 375 pounds. Determination of single or tandem rides is fully up to the discretion of the staff.

The full write up is actually pretty useful (and notes that the price in 2013 was only $79 (a 39% increase in just 7 years... sheesh) with lots of Q&A you may find useful.

And here is a random youtube video of some GoPro (or similar) footage of someones experience doing a tandem ride with a small child

Hope these are helpful to you

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Thanks! I should have thought to look at touring plans... I don’t have a subscription to their cruise section, but maybe I ought to.
That kid seemed to have a great time. It looks beautiful. We’ve got a big group going, so maybe some family members would go too.

Notes from Neverland

We haven't done this excursion, but it is worth noting we have seen it cancelled fairly often. It seems like the weather has to be absolutely perfect for it to take place. Just passing that info along so you're aware it's very possible the weather (mainly the wind) may not cooperate.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
We haven't done this excursion, but it is worth noting we have seen it cancelled fairly often. It seems like the weather has to be absolutely perfect for it to take place. Just passing that info along so you're aware it's very possible the weather (mainly the wind) may not cooperate.
Useful info. It’s always good to temper expectations, especially with our DS. I guess we’ll see!

Phonedave

I did it about 7-8 year ago with my two daughters. That would have them at 10 and 13 or so at the time. We all went together - they can harness a triple.

There were 4 or 5 flights on the boat, including us. They go out from the normal watersports dock, and head around to the other side of the ship. I want to say our flight was around 10 minutes in the air. Total time arrival to leave was maybe just under 2 hours - safety lesson, get on the boat, get over to the other side of the ship, harness - fly - unharness 5 groups, zip around on the boat for 10 minutes and head back to the dock.

It was fun, but I don't know if I would do it again for the money. You get some good views, it is a neat experience, and they will dip or dunk you if you want (not all operators do this apparently)

Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom