Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Ripken10

I'm no insider, but I do know a bit about developing software such as the VQ/BG system. It wouldn't surprise me if ROTR uses the VQ for the last time on March 3, then MMRR picks it up on March 4.
Also a developer, and being able to duplicate the software is not an issue. There is other things that could hold it back, but not the development of this. Once created, it is much easier to duplicate or change. And more than likely they have had other iterations of this code that has been tested.

Movielover

Yup, and remember, Backlot Tour and Motors had a respectable combined capacity, even just the amount utilized.

While Motors could have lived much longer as I enjoyed it and made sure to see it every trip, Backlot deserved to be taken out back and put out of it's misery. It's sad to say since the original version was so incredible and I wish I could have experienced it since I am a huge film nerd but it was essentially a dead attraction past 1998 after all live action filming ceased at the studios.

Goofyernmost

Yup, and remember, Backlot Tour and Motors had a respectable combined capacity, even just the amount utilized.
Also remember that for a long time there was almost nothing else to do there and they still weren't able to attract enough to be saved from being removed.

MickeyMinnieMom

I have a hard time believing that MMRR is going to attract nearly the crowds for nearly the length of time ROTR is. When it first opens, sure -- anything new does. But the idea that they would need a VQ for that... ... just seems like a failure either in reliability of the attraction or throughput being too low for some other reason. And I still don't see what is so horrible about how they handled FoP with FP... or Mine Train...

disneygeek90

I have a hard time believing that MMRR is going to attract nearly the crowds for nearly the length of time ROTR is. When it first opens, sure -- anything new does. But the idea that they would need a VQ for that... ... just seems like a failure either in reliability of the attraction or throughput being too low for some other reason. And I still don't see what is so horrible about how they handled FoP with FP... or Mine Train...
What’s horrible is that a 2 hour standby wait is considered “good.”

djkidkaz

Part of the problem is rise is drawing crowds but those people aren’t waiting in line. So you have a huge attendance increase for studios that shows up and gets a boarding group for rise and where is the next place every one of those guests will go? Right to MMRR to stand in line. You see this happening now with Slinky where the line yesterday was all the way to Little Mermaid show. I think the virtual queue is good to start off with but I am also looking forward to the day when all of these new rides use their queues and FastPass.

techgeek

I have a hard time believing that MMRR is going to attract nearly the crowds ... And I still don't see what is so horrible about how they handled FoP with FP... or Mine Train.

To expand on this thought, if a VQ is the greatest operational and guest satisfaction line management tool ever created... then why haven’t we seen it take over the standby duties at least of FoP and 7D? Because it would be a guest services disaster to tell people the line is ‘closed’ and they effectively can’t ride the headliner attraction today.

RotR is a special circumstance. The perfect storm of a one of a kind experience, low capacity operations and huge demand. VQ should not be used in normal circumstances.

djkidkaz

So far it hasn’t been that big surprisingly. More like displaced attendance timings.

Remember all the cast are blocked out so the attendance is probably slightly higher than normal but once they unleash 70k cast members with the ability to go to studios the attendance numbers should skyrocket in theory.

The Pho

2 hours is reasonable at best. But FoP goes beyond that most days.
Because people are willing to wait for it. Unfortunately that’s just what happens when demand exceeds capacity. Flight of Passage has settled right around 2 hours though. Which is far better than some other rides.
1579105294091.jpeg

Jon81uk

To expand on this thought, if a VQ is the greatest operational and guest satisfaction line management tool ever created... then why haven’t we seen it take over the standby duties at least of FoP and 7D? Because it would be a guest services disaster to tell people the line is ‘closed’ and they effectively can’t ride the headliner attraction today.

RotR is a special circumstance. The perfect storm of a one of a kind experience, low capacity operations and huge demand. VQ should not be used in normal circumstances.

Yep going 100% in on FastPass angers people. They tried it with Toy Story Mania for a while during construction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom