Space Mountain wait times with Tron Lightcycle

wdwfan22

I predict the boarding group system (virtual queue) will be used for this. It’s even more certain than it is for MMRR and Rat.
A Virtual queue won't be needed for Tron. It's only being used for Rise of the Resistance do to reliability issues with the attraction. Tron is a clone and doesn't have operational issues. Standby and Fastpass will be enough.

nickys

Premium Member
A Virtual queue won't be needed for Tron. It's only being used for Rise of the Resistance do to reliability issues with the attraction. Tron is a clone and doesn't have operational issues. Standby and Fastpass will be enough.

The VQ system is the “new darling” of TDO, to quote @marni1971. Smuggler’s Run is working well with no FPs. It’s almost as if they are tacitly admitting that opening without FPs is a better way to manage expectations.

I can see VQs being used at all new big ticket attractions going forward: MMRR, Rat, Tron and Guardians.

ppete1975

i think once the rush dies down from the opening of tron and things normalize, they will close spacemountain for lengthy refurb. New track new effects new sound basically a brand new ride based on the original with plenty of retro original. When it reopens it will be like getting a new ride (without as much cost) as people will a)miss it by then b) love it being so smooth c) new additions so it will be like opening a new attraction when it reopens.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It needs some TLC, and a re-track would be ideal. Problem is that it's still (and probably always will be) a popular ride. On a busy day when wait times are 75+, there are a lot of guests in the SB queue. MK desparately needs attractions that are people eaters, this queue is one of them.

Wonder if they'll reopen Stitch to alleviate what will undoubtedly be Tomorrowland congestion. (Is that viable?) I still say close SM. It's going to take a good 1.5-2 years to do a proper refurb. Of course Stitch alone isn't going to be enough to combat the congestion. But that, plus the RR back up and running should help. If only there was a new C-ticket in Adventureland to take some of the heat off Tomorrowland.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Wonder if they'll reopen Stitch to alleviate what will undoubtedly be Tomorrowland congestion. (Is that viable?) I still say close SM. It's going to take a good 1.5-2 years to do a proper refurb. Of course Stitch alone isn't going to be enough to combat the congestion. But that, plus the RR back up and running should help. If only there was a new C-ticket in Adventureland to take some of the heat off Tomorrowland.
SGE is permanently 101. I think the Stich AA has been, let's say disassembled.

Goofy213

Hollywood Studio's is a good example of what we will see once Tron opens. Right now the lines seem to have just remained steady and stable at their normal waits (ex: Tower, RR, Toy Story). The only thing Star Wars has done is drawn more people to the park. If this happens at Magic Kingdom the only increase we will see is the number of days the park reaches capacity.

Victor Kelly

Space will without a doubt go down. Hopefully for a rebuild from the ground up. I'd love to see the glow in the dark panels on the cars come back as well as easier to board and exit cars

thomas998

My guess is Space Mountain will become much more crowded than it is now due to people that would have otherwise never ventured to that side of the park now going for Tron and when they see the extremely long line deciding to settle for Space Mountain.

Glasgow

Somehow the crowds seem to stay the same or increase, no matter what they add (this is a rare occasion where a ride is being added and not replaced).. I suspect there won't be much change with SM crowds, but I do think the way people tour the parks may change. People may try to do Tron and SM in succession due to their proximity, but that will largely be dictated by the FP+ availability.

Kamikaze

My guess is Space Mountain will become much more crowded than it is now due to people that would have otherwise never ventured to that side of the park now going for Tron and when they see the extremely long line deciding to settle for Space Mountain.

I'm pretty confident that those 'people' don't exist.

thomas998

I'm pretty confident that those 'people' don't exist.
They exist... it only takes waiting in a 3 or 4 hour line one time for a ride before your kids will become convinced that no ride is worth that much time and they will start looking at the wait times. There may be some hardcore riders that are willing to waste half a day for a 3 minute ride, but you'll find some that make decisions based on stand by times.

Victor Kelly

They exist... it only takes waiting in a 3 or 4 hour line one time for a ride before your kids will become convinced that no ride is worth that much time and they will start looking at the wait times. There may be some hardcore riders that are willing to waste half a day for a 3 minute ride, but you'll find some that make decisions based on stand by times.

My personal limit for wait times is about 45 minutes to an hour depending on the attraction. Mainly this is due to when I was a kid we would wait in the 90 minute lines. And there are no attractions worth a two hour or more wait.

Space Mountain will certainly take the crowds when Tron opens. But the problem is that once SMs line gets too long then the overflow will spread out into neighboring areas.

Kamikaze

People that visit MK, but don't go to Tomorrowland, and also won't stand in long lines? But WILL go to Tomorrowland once Tron exists, only to find out its got a long line, and then turn around and stand in a line for Space Mountain because they are already on that side of the park?

That is not a guest segment.

thomas998

People that visit MK, but don't go to Tomorrowland, and also won't stand in long lines? But WILL go to Tomorrowland once Tron exists, only to find out its got a long line, and then turn around and stand in a line for Space Mountain because they are already on that side of the park?

That is not a guest segment.
When the see Space Mountain is a 30 or 45 minute wait and Tron is 160... Yes, they will drop one for the other no matter how old the ride is. When they have already gotten there you will find some that just settle.

thomas998

My personal limit for wait times is about 45 minutes to an hour depending on the attraction. Mainly this is due to when I was a kid we would wait in the 90 minute lines. And there are no attractions worth a two hour or more wait.

Space Mountain will certainly take the crowds when Tron opens. But the problem is that once SMs line gets too long then the overflow will spread out into neighboring areas.
Yes... It will spread out. I expect Tron will be running 120 to 180 minute standby lines for the first year or two... I expect Space Mountain will probably start peaking to 90 minutes before you get the people spreading out to even lesser attractions. We will see when it opens.

Victor Kelly

Yes... It will spread out. I expect Tron will be running 120 to 180 minute standby lines for the first year or two... I expect Space Mountain will probably start peaking to 90 minutes before you get the people spreading out to even lesser attractions. We will see when it opens.
Lets not forget Fantasyland. Crowds will spread into the the new part and the old on that side of the Castle. Especially if that once quoet walkway opens between Tron and Storybook Circus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom