The Saber Forge: Savi’s Hand Built Lightsabers

I am Timmy

12.95 or so...at least that is what it was in DL. I find it adds if you have all the crystals.
We were there & made 2 sabers on 12/19 - & had to buy 2 sets of every color kyber crystal (2 adult sons & I went, got to see them build droids too!!) So much fun, really worth it to do once - the experience should probably be considered when looking at the price on these 2 items. The crystals are 14.99 in DW now, droid backpacks are 49.99, saber packs you can buy (not the ones that come with the saber) are 49.99. Side note: one of my boys got the black crystal, we had to go get and buy another red one, because he "needed" every color & now did not have a red one. Much hooping & whooping ensued in Dok Ondars. The holocrons were 49.99 at the time. Those prices went up FAST, as I had already been watching them when DL opened & reports were coming in. Droid backpacks came out at 34.99 (summer in DL), & had already gone up to 49.99 for DW opening. The Rancor tooth beer flight in Oga's came out at $75, now $85. Kyber crystals were 12.99, now 14.99. All this within 6 mo. of opening - can't wait to see how much it will go up this year.

PeoplemoverTTA

We were there & made 2 sabers on 12/19 - & had to buy 2 sets of every color kyber crystal (2 adult sons & I went, got to see them build droids too!!) So much fun, really worth it to do once - the experience should probably be considered when looking at the price on these 2 items. The crystals are 14.99 in DW now, droid backpacks are 49.99, saber packs you can buy (not the ones that come with the saber) are 49.99. Side note: one of my boys got the black crystal, we had to go get and buy another red one, because he "needed" every color & now did not have a red one. Much hooping & whooping ensued in Dok Ondars. The holocrons were 49.99 at the time. Those prices went up FAST, as I had already been watching them when DL opened & reports were coming in. Droid backpacks came out at 34.99 (summer in DL), & had already gone up to 49.99 for DW opening. The Rancor tooth beer flight in Oga's came out at $75, now $85. Kyber crystals were 12.99, now 14.99. All this within 6 mo. of opening - can't wait to see how much it will go up this year.

What time did you go on 12/19? We went that day too!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Also when you put the pack back in the saber it may take a few tries.

Battery replacement and blade removal were easy. I’m stuck at the battery pack reinsertion step. I have a red arrow on the battery pack but no second red arrow inside or on the hilt.

I can get the pack most of the way but it meets resistance about 1/2 inch from totally in. There’s two little plastic thingies that it won’t go past and I’m too afraid to force it and snap them off.

DH joked it was my final trial of training. I think this is how people go to the dark side. 🤬

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Battery replacement and blade removal were easy. I’m stuck at the battery pack reinsertion step. I have a red arrow on the battery pack but no second red arrow inside or on the hilt.

I can get the pack most of the way but it meets resistance about 1/2 inch from totally in. There’s two little plastic thingies that it won’t go past and I’m too afraid to force it and snap them off.

DH joked it was my final trial of training. I think this is how people go to the dark side. 🤬

Good news: lightsaber is working. Blade lighting and sounds etc all in order.

Bad news: The Force isn’t strong with me. I had the hilt upside down. 🤦🏻‍♀️ So the videos all make it look easy because it is.

CaptainAmerica

What's the current situation regarding reservations and whatnot? We're here on a short trip without the kids and my wife is pregnant so we were planning on skipping Studios entirely. We might head over if I can be reasonably confident in getting a lightsaber without too much hassle.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
What's the current situation regarding reservations and whatnot? We're here on a short trip without the kids and my wife is pregnant so we were planning on skipping Studios entirely. We might head over if I can be reasonably confident in getting a lightsaber without too much hassle.

...sorry I didn’t see this sooner. As you probably know by now, they are super hard to secure usually needing to book them WELL in advance. Perhaps though you could ask the Batuu locals but I’m not sure how much that would help escipally with the Rise crowds. Droid building however, might be able to get you in but I just saw photos of a line out the door today.

CaptainAmerica

...sorry I didn’t see this sooner. As you probably know by now, they are super hard to secure usually needing to book them WELL in advance. Perhaps though you could ask the Batuu locals but I’m not sure how much that would help escipally with the Rise crowds. Droid building however, might be able to get you in but I just saw photos of a line out the door today.
The cast members there were SUPER friendly and helpful. They're currently fully booked about two to three weeks in advance but we got there first thing in the morning and asked about standby availability. There was nothing at the time but they told us to keep checking in throughout the day. Apparently what happens is families will book a reservation for a "party of four" but only dad and brother want to build, while mom and sister are just going in to watch. Savi's considers that a party of two, so when a family like that checks in they get some builder slots that open. We got in around 10am on a day the park opened at 7am.

Almost everything about the experience was an A+. I was very impressed with the host's ability to deliver lines that should have been cheesy and ridiculous, but came across as sincere and believable. My only complaints are the carrying case, which is extremely poor quality, and the lack of a display stand. Whether it's included in the price or available for purchase, they really should have had some kind of stand you could get.

LukeS7

The cast members there were SUPER friendly and helpful. They're currently fully booked about two to three weeks in advance but we got there first thing in the morning and asked about standby availability. There was nothing at the time but they told us to keep checking in throughout the day. Apparently what happens is families will book a reservation for a "party of four" but only dad and brother want to build, while mom and sister are just going in to watch. Savi's considers that a party of two, so when a family like that checks in they get some builder slots that open. We got in around 10am on a day the park opened at 7am.

Almost everything about the experience was an A+. I was very impressed with the host's ability to deliver lines that should have been cheesy and ridiculous, but came across as sincere and believable. My only complaints are the carrying case, which is extremely poor quality, and the lack of a display stand. Whether it's included in the price or available for purchase, they really should have had some kind of stand you could get.
There is a stand (for just the hilt) available at Dok Ondar's. I think the price was $24.99 when we went

CaptainAmerica

There is a stand (for just the hilt) available at Dok Ondar's. I think the price was $24.99 when we went
Hm must have been sold out or just buried behind the swarms of people. I thought I combed that place pretty well but no stands, and no red kyber crystals.

(Side note... those holocrons are super junky feeling next to the lightsabers.)

I am Timmy

Hm must have been sold out or just buried behind the swarms of people. I thought I combed that place pretty well but no stands, and no red kyber crystals.

(Side note... those holocrons are super junky feeling next to the lightsabers.)
No red crystals? It seems like it's way busier than it was in Dec. - we were there until the 24th and had no trouble with most things. Even the standby lines were short. My son got both holocrons and all the crystals (including a black one!). They do feel a bit cheap to me, but he was thrilled (and he's 27) when he put each of the crystals into them for the "secret messages". And yes, the sabers are great quality - there are bags you can buy for the sabers in a barrell in Dok Ondar's for 49.99 (on your left if your facing the saber counter, almost look like they're supposed to be props for the shop) and the saber stands were in the case with the sabers if you didn't buy one at saber check in. Droid backpacks were also $49.99, if one didn't want to carry around the awesome cardboard box those sweet babies come in!

I am Timmy

We just missed each other - glad you had fun!
We did, I just hope they didn't have SO much fun that they need to do it again next trip, lol. I'm already sweatin' about the Star Wars hotel - I really wish Disney would put put some info. early on this one so we could save our pennies in time! I wonder if they will let people bring their sabers and droids? I would imagine so, but will be interesting to find out what a stay will entail.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
I really liked Savi’s, they really shouldn’t be making it more expensive though. This is coming from someone who has built a custom saber, and bought two legacy sabers.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Does anyone know what's going on with reservations at Savi's? I have friends going who are looking for availability on August 8. three questions have arisen:

1. Starting 60 days out from their trip, they were able to search 60+length of stay, but no times were showing more than 60 days out. I thought Savi's was like ADRs, where you could book 60+LoS?

2. The attached screenshot was what I found on Tuesday for the first week of August, just looking at afternoon times. The results were similar for mornings. In other words, there were more than a dozen available slots every single day. As of yesterday, those are all gone. I do no believe that dozens of slots every day for that whole week were magically booked over one night. Any idea what game Disney is playing with Savi's availability?

3. Does anyone know of a service like Touring Plans' reservation finder that works for Savi's?

Attachments

• savis.jpeg
    savis.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 76

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom