Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Hawg G

If the ride is working, there won’t be a days worth of riders in the park yet 2 hours after park opening.

Depends on how long each scene is. There are 4 cars instead of 2, but if the scenes are double the length, it won't increase capacity. The layout shows a fairly low number of rooms, and they don't look much bigger than 4 vehicles. Almost like some scenes will be split up, and 2 cars won't really experience them. IT's sorta hard to tell, but, just as I said for RotR when everyone said otherwise, this ride will be less than 5 minutes long. It COULD end up having a pretty large throughput.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Depends on how long each scene is. There are 4 cars instead of 2, but if the scenes are double the length, it won't increase capacity. The layout shows a fairly low number of rooms, and they don't look much bigger than 4 vehicles. Almost like some scenes will be split up, and 2 cars won't really experience them. IT's sorta hard to tell, but, just as I said for RotR when everyone said otherwise, this ride will be less than 5 minutes long. It COULD end up having a pretty large throughput.
10 show scenes after you leave load, and before unload, stopping in 5 of them Rat style.

MickeyMinnieMom

No there aren’t FPs.

Two of our insiders have hinted (repeatedly) that this will not open with FP+. Now whether it has a virtual queue from the start remains to be seen. They could open with stand-by and use a VQ if necessary.
I know experts here will have better memories than I and know the answer to this: up until SWGE, haven’t MOST new rides opened with FP on day one or VERY shortly afterwards?? FoP, NRJ, etc??

I’m sure that @marni1971 and @MisterPenguin and others must know! :)

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know experts here will have better memories than I and know the answer to this: up until SWGE, haven’t MOST new rides opened with FP on day one or VERY shortly afterwards?? FoP, NRJ, etc??

I’m sure that @marni1971 and @MisterPenguin and others must know! :)

Problem is that only recently have new rides been added since the drought of the aughts. And many of the new rides are big E Tickets requiring special procedures, and WDW has been all over the place on FPs, which themselves are relatively new.

So... it depends...

Last edited:

MickeyMinnieMom

Problem is that one recently have new rides been added since the drought of the aughts. And many of the new rides are big E Tickets requiring special procedures, and WDW has been all over the place on FPs, which themselves are relatively new.

So... it depends...
Got it - thx - that’s basically my recollection. Didn’t FoP open with FP? And mine train? And Slinky Dog either right away or shortly after? This extended period with no FP is new with SR and ROTR, no?

nickys

Premium Member
Got it - thx - that’s basically my recollection. Didn’t FoP open with FP? And mine train? And Slinky Dog either right away or shortly after? This extended period with no FP is new with SR and ROTR, no?

Yes, this system is unprecedented. And to do with expected demand, which didn’t materialise for GE but definitely has for RotR. Remember it was first used, very briefly for entry to SW:GE. For RotR specifically, they were concerned with reliability too.

It seems Disney like what they’ve seen and may use the same system again going forward. Although it could be modified to cope with actual demand. As in, they are tacitly agreeing that opening without FP manages lines better, and if the stand-by line gets too big then a virtual queue can help manage that.

Last edited:

cjkeating

I think the main reason why ROTR will keep the Virtual Queue for an indefinite period of time is reliability. MFSR has four turntables so it is unlikely all four will ever go down, same for FOP which has four theatres. Slinky is a relatively standard launched coaster that should (and does) have good reliability.

ROTR meanwhile is exceptionally unreliable and requires a significant period of time to reset. Dealing with the fall out from queue dumping and Fastpass backup would be a customer relations disaster.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Capacity was quoted by @marni1971 (much, much) earlier in this thread as THRC 2400; OHRC 1800-2000. That’s what I’m going off of

SJN1279

Thx. Eesh. I understood BG for access to SWGE and for ROTR. But as a SOP for a new attraction even like MMRR — seems ridiculous to me.
I’m going in the morning before my Disney Cruise in April. I am really opening for no BG. I rather wait 2 hours on opening than miss the attraction all together.

DarkMetroid567

Test shifts started yesterday. Except they didn’t. Runaway Railway was unavailable for testers all day.

Slightly worrying for a March 4th opening. Maybe we really won’t get cast previews again.

If the ride is unreliable, Definitely expect virtual queue. I can’t imagine the RotR VQ lasting as long as March, but I also figured that the DHS version of RotR would have been more capable at this point.

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Test shifts started yesterday. Except they didn’t. Runaway Railway was unavailable for testers all day.

Slightly worrying for a March 4th opening. Maybe we really won’t get cast previews again.

If the ride is unreliable, Definitely expect virtual queue. I can’t imagine the RotR VQ lasting as long as March, but I also figured that the DHS version of RotR would have been more capable at this point.
As of tonight, March 4 is still the opening date, according to WDW Florida Residents' web page. No word at all about which system will be put into place at this point.

I haven't followed much about this ride, but on that same site, I also read that according to Disney, this ride will be like nothing we've experienced before (?). One detail I didn't know about, is that it will have the most hidden Mickeys within a ride, to date.

DarkMetroid567

As of tonight, March 4 is still the opening date, according to WDW Florida Residents' web page. No word at all about which system will be put into place at this point.

I haven't followed much about this ride, but on that same site, I also read that according to Disney, this ride will be like nothing we've experienced before (?). One detail I didn't know about, is that it will have the most hidden Mickeys within a ride, to date.

March 4th won’t change. It’s more or less a concern of whether the opening will be similar to Rise’s, plagued by lower capacity and downtime.

Info on the ride is readily available so I won’t spoil you. I’ll just say that I semi-get why the attraction is going through some issues, but you’d think after Rise they’d have these things a little more figured out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom