News MuppetVision 3D closing for refurbishment later this month

DisneyDreamerxyz

explains why people were saying there was no fast-passes available during this time....now if only they would invest in a new muppets experience all together.

ThatMouse

explains why people were saying there was no fast-passes available during this time....now if only they would invest in a new muppets experience all together.

Yes it's strange Disney can't make a new 10 minute movie every 5 years, since they do movies for a living and they have a lot of experience with remakes now. Disney has also made like 50 new Muppet videos in various forms (movies, TV, YouTube, ads) since this ride opened.

tnemgif

Yes it's strange Disney can't make a new 10 minute movie every 5 years, since they do movies for a living and they have a lot of experience with remakes now. Disney has also made like 50 new Muppet videos in various forms (movies, TV, YouTube, ads) since this ride opened.
I feel like this is one of the few 3D films that continues to hold its own, despite its age. The quality of the film and script, timelessness of the characters, and variation of effects is still unmatched by any of the current 3D experiences. Kids and adults alike still seem to enjoy this film.
Just maintaining and upgrading some of the effects could prolong the life of this show for many years, IMO.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I don’t know how I feel about this. A refurb is great but they could be preparing muppets exit in DHS. Pizzarizzo could be stripped theming wise anyday.

That’s my concern as well. I wonder if the “new curtains” will allow a different show to perform?

The show was in great shape during my New Years trip. Several fog effects were working that I haven’t seen working in a while. AA’s were in great shape as well.

Rosso11

I feel like this is one of the few 3D films that continues to hold its own, despite its age. The quality of the film and script, timelessness of the characters, and variation of effects is still unmatched by any of the current 3D experiences. Kids and adults alike still seem to enjoy this film.
Just maintaining and upgrading some of the effects could prolong the life of this show for many years, IMO.

For me the only thing that dates the film is Waldo. He should be updated with new graphics. He’s extremely dated for a CGI character. However I would leave Mickey at the end since that’s the very first CGI version of Mickey ever.

trainplane3

This seems really nice. Show quality was very solid on my fall trip but my friends noted how their seats were pretty rough (mine was too). I get down there the 8th so now I guess I'm going to DHS on the 9th. Having no plans should make a trip even more fun.

Movielover

Where they’ve got wet so many times the fabric looks super nasty.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets really excited when watching the Muppets...

Oh did I say that out loud?

giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom