News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

butterxcup

So, they didn’t sit in their assigned color?
Nope, they went to a color that wasn’t theirs. It had nothing to do with miscommunication either. Heard both of them speaking English fluently before we got assigned colors. CM that was with us outside the room had us all loudly repeat our colors before entering. Before we could go near the vehicles both CMs there told us twice loudly to find our matching colors. As they were getting in the vehicle the family members were trying to tell them they were in the wrong seat which they ignored until they buckled up and then proceeded to look confused (then I think tried to pretend they didn’t understand English). Also they noticeably bolted out the exit once we were pulled in to the exit area.

I don’t know why they would purposely do such a thing but only reasons I could think of is either they didn’t want to ride in a vehicle with three young children in it or they wanted the ‘better’ vehicle (to me both sides are good but have heard a few podcasters/bloggers say one side is better than the other and they went to the vehicle who’s colors matched that).
Had nothing to do with having the front row cause they would have been in the front row if they went to their originally assigned color but ended up sitting in the back row of the vehicle they took.

I don’t know. It was weird and I’ll never understand people like that. A ride is never worth potentially starting a fight with another family over.

Weather_Lady

It sure is. When we went Saturday, I had a full battery when we got there ~6:30. Because of the whole Boarding Group process, I had the MDE app open far more than I typically do and my battery was sapped by noon. (I also was using the Play Disney Parks app while in line for RotR). While my phone is getting long in the tooth and could use a refreshed battery (2017 Pixel XL), I usually get 2/3 of a day out of a single charge under moderate use.

I'm quite convinced it's the app's usage of location services that's primarily to blame.

A tip I've seen elsewhere to extend battery life at WDW is to put your phone in airplane mode when you're not using the Disney app (and not awaiting any notifications or phone calls).

Last edited:

Rob562

I think the Play Disney app is the battery hog. We played it in line for SR before ROTR was open and noticed the severe battery drain. I also commented as such on a survey I received, since it was one of the questions. When we went on ROTR opening day I did not use the Play Disney app, just MDE, and the battery drain was not as bad.

The Play app is definitely a battery hog. Thankfully I discovered that while playing around with it at home before my trip. I limited my use of it on my trip and my phone survived all day. (Though there was one long day where it was in the low single-digits as we were leaving the park)

It didn't occur to me until after my trip that I could've brought my old Android phone with me to use solely for the Play app. I have a data-only SIM card in it, so between that and WiFi I could've used the app as much as I wanted while saving battery life on my regular phone for MDE, photos, etc.

-Rob

butterxcup

The color scheme is one of the biggest flaws IMO.
Half the people aren't paying attention to the color that you need two events down the line.
They should just give out colored tickets like they do on smugglers.
To me the CMs have been doing a much better job than before making sure the colors are known to be important and making sure everyone is aware of what color they are assigned and where they are supposed to go (repeating it over and over, having guests loudly repeat the colors multiple times, next batch of CMs holding people in the room and explaining to find the colors, and saying which colors are where). While I’m sure there’s always going to be some guests who get excited and try to go wherever and accidentally take up a place that isn’t theirs, the incident I saw this morning didn’t seem to be that. It just seemed to be two lovelies who didn’t want to follow the rules.

disneygeek90

I don’t know why they would purposely do such a thing but only reasons I could think of is either they didn’t want to ride in a vehicle with three young children in it or they wanted the ‘better’ vehicle (to me both sides are good but have heard a few podcasters/bloggers say one side is better than the other and they went to the vehicle who’s colors matched that).
I am fairly certain that having the front or back car doesn't necessarily dictate you in one route or the other. I think it's also dependent on which "wing" you are sorted down the hallway.

For example, Right wing front car might have route A, and back car has route B. Left Wing the front car has route B and the back is A. In one of my rides, I received the back car and was expecting the same experience I had before on the back car, but actually had the alternative route.

So, after all that, I hope they got the view they didn't want lol

disneygeek90

Notification at 3:11 for BG 141
821C9F4D-DB4C-4FEC-994A-9DD1E24F3DFE.jpeg

Last edited:

scottieRoss

As to the colors, the First Order officer I had on Christmas Eve (Life Day Eve) was really quizing us on our color. Kind of went like this
FO: You, what color are you standing on
Guest: Red
FO: You, resistance scum, what color are you standing on?
Guest: Umm Umm Orange
FO: Without looking down? What color?
Guest: Orange
FO: You there, What color?
Guest: Blue
FO: Look Down Resistance Scum
Guest: Ooops, black (was not on the color stripe)
FO: I said to stand on the Blue

Soccerdrama

Here's a question I haven't seen answered yet: My husband and I are passholders, but we are bringing our two grandsons who are not. They will have one day tickets to each park which state "no readmission." If we get to the park, say at 7:30 am to get our boarding passes, I am assuming we will have to stay in the park the entire day - even if our boarding group time is in the evening? In the old days, they used to stamp your hand so you could return to the park later in the day. Is this not done anymore with the daily passes? Thanks.

DisneyDreamer08

Darn it. The 14th was changed to a 7am opening. No way I’m pushing my two girls (age 9 and 4 who have no interest in Star Wars) to get there prior to rope drop. We have a Slinky Dog FP and were planning to rope drop Alien. We haven’t been since Toy Story land opened so we haven’t done either yet. Looks like we might not get to ride Alien this trip 😔 Wait times have just been too high.
Side note, I have the MDE app on my phone. If my husband wants to rope drop to ride RotR, I know he will have to download the app. Can I sign in with my password on his phone so he has access to the account?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom