Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Phil12

Adventureland is the perfect spot for a WALL-E attraction!
1576464004098.png

Phil12

There's already a Frozen ride in Norway so it would be silly to make another ride based on the same IP in the same park. I always felt Frozen would have fit in better at MK but...
The ride in Norway is devoted to Frozen version 1. Frozen II deserves it's own attractions. Considering its popularity, it might be a good idea to have different attractions in each park specifically for Frozen II. Each different attraction could have its own staring character. Elsa could be at MK, Anna at Epcot, Olaf at DHS and Sven at AK.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The ride in Norway is devoted to Frozen version 1. Frozen II deserves it's own attractions. Considering its popularity, it might be a good idea to have different attractions in each park specifically for Frozen II. Each different attraction could have its own staring character. Elsa could be at MK, Anna at Epcot, Olaf at DHS and Sven at AK.

Frozen 2 has its own attraction: Now appearing at the Sommerhus.

Olaf's Frozen Adventure has its own attractions: Hyperion Theater singalong and Sunset Blvd. projections and Minnie's fireworks during the holidays.

Frozen Fever appears in FEA.

Homemade Imagineering

I can only assume they will combine Figment with whatever IP sells the most in that store. That is, if they keep Figment at all...
Yeah, I feel that Disney will want to bring in inside out to replace imagination, since chapek will want as much IP in EPCOT as possible, but I also feel that they will most likely keep figment but integrate him into the ride to please the fans of figment. However I still want an updated version of the original, and would take that over any other replacement.

Brer Panther

I can only assume they will combine Figment with whatever IP sells the most in that store. That is, if they keep Figment at all...
I don't think Inside Out sells more merchandise than Figment does. Both times I've been to Disney since it was released, I didn't see more merchandise for it than I saw merchandise for Figment. Plus Pete Docter told the Imagineers that it was a bad idea getting rid of Figment, but who knows if Iger and Chapek will listen to him?

Figments Friend

Bob Iger himself stated live on stage in front of thousands at the 2013 D23 Expo that it was 'a mistake' closing and removing Dreamfinder / the Original Attraction.
It was nice to finally get a official public acknowledgement of the fact that it was indeed a action that the Company now regrets.

For those wanting to hear for themselves, find any video on YouTube that has Bob's complete opening statement during the presentation of the Disney Legend award to Tony Baxter.
I couldn't believe my ears when I heard it back then...but it sure was nice to finally hear ol' Bob fess up to what many of us knew the moment the wrecking crew arrived.

-

Mike S

Bob Iger himself stated live on stage in front of thousands at the 2013 D23 Expo that it was 'a mistake' closing and removing Dreamfinder / the Original Attraction.
It was nice to finally get a official public acknowledgement of the fact that it was indeed a action that the Company now regrets.

For those wanting to hear for themselves, find any video on YouTube that has Bob's complete opening statement during the presentation of the Disney Legend award to Tony Baxter.
I couldn't believe my ears when I heard it back then...but it sure was nice to finally hear ol' Bob fess up to what many of us knew the moment the wrecking crew arrived.

-
Kind of an empty statement considering nothing has been done about it yet.

Magenta Panther

-

Talk is cheap.

Brer Oswald

I don't think Inside Out sells more merchandise than Figment does. Both times I've been to Disney since it was released, I didn't see more merchandise for it than I saw merchandise for Figment. Plus Pete Docter told the Imagineers that it was a bad idea getting rid of Figment, but who knows if Iger and Chapek will listen to him?
It doesn’t. They won’t get rid of Figment. They’ll just pair him with some other IP to “maximize profit”.

sedati

It doesn’t. They won’t get rid of Figment. They’ll just pair him with some other IP to “maximize profit”.
Disney doesn't own Spyro, but I was surprised to find there's another IP dragon sporting royal purple pigment out there that they do own and will be appearing in theaters this April.
1578357929621.png

Mike S

raymusiccity

Yeah, I feel that Disney will want to bring in inside out to replace imagination, since chapek will want as much IP in EPCOT as possible, but I also feel that they will most likely keep figment but integrate him into the ride to please the fans of figment. However I still want an updated version of the original, and would take that over any other replacement.
I'm not sure there's any real clamoring for the original ride. I vaguely remember riding on the old version and have seen POV videos. Seems that the ride teeters between nostalgia and boredom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom