Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Magic Feather

Rise may or may not have BG when Marceline / Runaway opens. I’d assume it wouldn’t be an issue if it did. Of course, potentially Rat could also be using it at the same time. Guardians will also have it (although we can now say that’ll be next year)
Ah yes, Rat. What FoP was to the era of lengthy, immersive, probably too long queues, Rat will be to the era of underbuilt, tiny, and couldn’t survive without FP slowing the line queues.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
People who are within 60 days of their trip report that they've been unable to get FP+s. Either the opening of the ride is being delayed, or Disney is planning to use the Virtual Queue system there (Yech!). Or perhaps Disney just hasn't loaded the FP+s in the system yet. Can someone please let us know if/when they get FP+ for this?
I just got off the phone with Disney, and I was told that, as of now, the plan for my trip at the end of April is for the (ludicrous) tiers to remain the same; standby only for Smugglers Run and MMRR; and "probably" the same boarding group process for RotR. I'm sure there will be changes, but that is what they are telling folks the plan is for now.

peter11435

I just got off the phone with Disney, and I was told that, as of now, the plan for my trip at the end of April is for the (ludicrous) tiers to remain the same; standby only for Smugglers Run and MMRR; and "probably" the same boarding group process for RotR. I'm sure there will be changes, but that is what they are telling folks the plan is for now.
Honestly, there is no ‘plan’ that far out. They are saying that because that is as things are today. The only information the cast you spoke to have is information that is current. Rise operates with boarding groups until further notice. And fastpass is not available for smugglers or MMRR until further notice. This could all change before or after April.

aladdin2007

The boarding group process, which I dont understand all of it, but sounds like its near impossible. Because you have to be there before the park even opens to even have a chance of trying to get signed into a group? Is that how they are going to operate all these new attractions? It just sounds complicated or not worth trying. Could someone direct me to a information page on how it works?

gerarar

Premium Member
The boarding group process, which I dont understand all of it, but sounds like its near impossible. Because you have to be there before the park even opens to even have a chance of trying to get signed into a group? Is that how they are going to operate all these new attractions? It just sounds complicated or not worth trying. Could someone direct me to a information page on how it works?
You already have the gist down. Be inside the park, scanned in, before official park opening. At official park opening, you open the MDE app and join a BG, selecting people in your party. Basically how you would book a Fastpass. Note, you and everyone in your group/party/family must be inside the park scanned to be able to join a BG.

From there, you're free to do whatever you want. Go to other rides. Park hop to another park. Ride the falling buckets known as the Skyliner. Sleep back at your hotel.

It's basically just FP+, but you have to be in the park to book it. That way, Disney can get less no-showups and a guarantee that people will show up once their group is called whenever.

Once your group is called, you have a 2 hour window to come back and go to the ride. From what I've seen, the CMs in front of ride entrances are gracious with this time allotment, but two is plenty enough imo.

nickys

Premium Member
My guess is that this will open with stand-by only and use a virtual queue if necessary.

Just like Galaxy’s Edge did - for half a day!

I don’t see them necessarily going for a VQ right from the start unless demand is over-whelming. Unless of course there are issues with the reliability of the ride.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

I wouldn’t be surprised in the least to see Disney force guests to make a choice. One boarding group a day, you either get to ride Rise or MMRR. No standby for either. This would allow many more people to experience at least one of the new attractions and also force a second visit during your trip if you want to try for the other one.

DarkMetroid567

I wouldn’t be surprised in the least to see Disney force guests to make a choice. One boarding group a day, you either get to ride Rise or MMRR. No standby for either. This would allow many more people to experience at least one of the new attractions and also force a second visit during your trip if you want to try for the other one.

that would be INSANE

Jones14

that would be INSANE
It certainly would be. An alternative would be to put Falcon on Fastpass, make Rise go standby only, and put Mickey on virtual queue.

The problem is, if Rise still isn’t reliable enough to run near full capacity they’ll be hesitant to move away from the virtual queue, which would leave them with what dj is suggesting.

Steph15251

It certainly would be. An alternative would be to put Falcon on Fastpass, make Rise go standby only, and put Mickey on virtual queue.

The problem is, if Rise still isn’t reliable enough to run near full capacity they’ll be hesitant to move away from the virtual queue, which would leave them with what dj is suggesting.
Or they could just have both use VQ without having to chose.

nickys

Premium Member
They could, but I doubt they would.

Is your doubt based on information or a hunch?

There was this discussion about 2 pages ago, if that.

Would Diz have two attractions with BGs running at the same time in the same park (RotR and Mickey)? I assume it's not a big deal on the app, just select the attraction to sign-up for. Just curious.
Rise may or may not have BG when Marceline / Runaway opens. I’d assume it wouldn’t be an issue if it did. Of course, potentially Rat could also be using it at the same time. Guardians will also have it (although we can now say that’ll be next year)

DarkMetroid567

They could, but I doubt they would.

From what I heard from guest flow coordinators, the system actually can’t handle two virtual queues.

The topic came up because we were concerned the land would reach capacity on Rise opening day. It obviously didn’t, but we had a backstage extended queue with plant walls over behind Sci-Fi Drive In because Virtual Queue was no longer an option for us to use for land access.

So actually, if MMRR indeed does use Virtual Queue, it might mean that Rise will be using standby by March.

peter11435

From what I heard from guest flow coordinators, the system actually can’t handle two virtual queues.

The topic came up because we were concerned the land would reach capacity on Rise opening day. It obviously didn’t, but we had a backstage extended queue with plant walls over behind Sci-Fi Drive In because Virtual Queue was no longer an option for us to use for land access.

So actually, if MMRR indeed does use Virtual Queue, it might mean that Rise will be using standby by March.
There was a time when the system could not support one virtual queue.

No Name

It’s important to note that Peter Pan’s Flight has ridiculously long lines nearly five decades after it opened and it’s not even that good. Meanwhile I walked right onto Forbidden Journey in the middle of the day the year it opened. It’s a matter of supply and demand that won’t be changing any time soon. Rise of the Resistance was foolishly designed with low throughput. Imagine if Galaxy’s Edge pulled in the crowds some anticipated... it would be even worse.

Hopefully MMRR is far better-designed in this regard and won’t have a similar issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom