News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

FullSailDan

View attachment 438469

Every time I see this joke, I think of the show "Community" and this scene...

"Welcome to...LADDERS."

I then think of a bunch of Disney Execs all sitting in a crappy community college classroom learning about ladder safety and cheering at a person actually using a ladder.

When I worked as a concierge at Y&B I got selected to be a "Safety in Motion" trainer for the resort... Legit it could have been summed up with "if you're uncomfortable while doing something, figure out a better way" like use a cart, don't hold heavy objects away from your torso, don't twist your shoulders away from your hips while carrying something, etc.. Management was SO excited about it.

SplashJacket

When I worked as a concierge at Y&B

Completely off-topic and I apologize but one of the best Disney moments I have ever had was checking into the Y&B club after a cruise for two nights when the check-in lady decided to upgrade up to concierge or club level, not really sure what it was called, to "Ease our transition from the sea back to the real world." I cannot recall if we had a basic garden room or "standard" view (parking lot) but it was very surprising, to say the least. In the past, we have always stayed at the Shades of Green Resort, which is by no means not nice, but it is nowhere near the base price for the Y&B club, and yet we managed to get upgraded to this room. I remember we looked up the price for concierge at Y&B and I remember it was over $1000 a night but I cannot recall the exact price.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the room was brand new. We were the first guests after an extensive renovation to stay in that room. I believe the rooms were complete a couple of days before expected so the rooms were unbooked, so I guess we were the guinea pigs? I'm sure not going to complain! However, we did feel a little guilty leaving the room to go to the park... 😂

I do have one complaint about the whole experience though... Now that I have peaked in life there's nowhere to go but down :)

Here's the view
1577989555283.png

Talk about Disney Magic!!!

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Completely off-topic and I apologize but one of the best Disney moments I have ever had was checking into the Y&B club after a cruise for two nights when the check-in lady decided to upgrade up to concierge or club level, not really sure what it was called, to "Ease our transition from the sea back to the real world." I cannot recall if we had a basic garden room or "standard" view (parking lot) but it was very surprising, to say the least. In the past, we have always stayed at the Shades of Green Resort, which is by no means not nice, but it is nowhere near the base price for the Y&B club, and yet we managed to get upgraded to this room. I remember we looked up the price for concierge at Y&B and I remember it was over $1000 a night but I cannot recall the exact price.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the room was brand new. We were the first guests after an extensive renovation to stay in that room. I believe the rooms were complete a couple of days before expected so the rooms were unbooked, so I guess we were the guinea pigs? I'm sure not going to complain! However, we did feel a little guilty leaving the room to go to the park... 😂

I do have one complaint about the whole experience though... Now that I have peaked in life there's nowhere to go but down :)

Here's the view
View attachment 438545

Michelle received an unbelievable birthday gift of a night at the GF several years ago. At check in we were then upgraded even more - to a room we could never afford or dream of having. As if staying at the GF anyway wasn’t already a dream. Like you, we know it’ll never happen again but we cherish the memory. We even stayed in the following morning until check out time! Suffice to say it had a bit of a view:

8C0C9AA6-A42E-4668-8648-89BB00E0B30B.png

Who says I don’t believe in pixie dust now and then?

Last edited:

Chris767

Well there’s a tall Pigmy argument. That’s what happens when they have moved on from any sense of coherent themeing and overall concept - we are left with debating what’s worse:

A water area themed to a girl who likes to sail boats and boats are on water and water is nature OR an attraction about the living seas which is about the seas and who lives there and since Nemo and his friends live there they fit.

Well done: Disney, well done.

They should just pull the ripcord and just make all four parks Magic Kingdoms North, South, East, and West - that way they can still fill every park with disconnected IP and cartoon characters. We will end up in the same place, but at least we won’t have to endure listening to WDI execs embarrassingly twist themselves into pretzels trying to rationalize it.

The Moana walkthrough thing is supposed to teach people about the water cycle and the different stages it goes through, so should have more edutainment than many of the other IP attractions in Epcot.

Castle Cake Apologist

Put Main Street Theater on the delay list!!
Is this back on? Marie
No, I'm putting *you* on!

;)

Also, never officially cancelled.
That was the announcement that I was most excited about. It would have been a nice location change for the Candlelight Processional away from the American Garden.

Not to continue the drift, but it's my understanding that the theatre was primarily being built in order to mask a parking garage that was planned as part of it (on the "basement" level). This would have replaced the management parking lot that is currently behind MSUSA and TL, which is where the theatre was slated to be built. I think that would have been a really interesting design, and I'm honestly really sad that they're not doing it.

jt04

Not to continue the drift, but it's my understanding that the theatre was primarily being built in order to mask a parking garage that was planned as part of it (on the "basement" level). This would have replaced the management parking lot that is currently behind MSUSA and TL, which is where the theatre was slated to be built. I think that would have been a really interesting design, and I'm honestly really sad that they're not doing it.

No reason they can't still build the parking level and add some mini-land to the pad. Better MSUSA themed rather than Tomorrowland IMO. Would be pleased with either one though.

Patcheslee

When I worked as a concierge at Y&B I got selected to be a "Safety in Motion" trainer for the resort... Legit it could have been summed up with "if you're uncomfortable while doing something, figure out a better way" like use a cart, don't hold heavy objects away from your torso, don't twist your shoulders away from your hips while carrying something, etc.. Management was SO excited about it.
We get monthly required training where I work. And yes ladder safety is one of the monthly topics along with office ergonomics (I don't work in an office, but thanks for letting me know how to sit at a desk :rolleyes:). And an "empowerment" card that says we can refuse to do any work with "unsafe conditions".

nickys

Premium Member
We get monthly required training where I work. And yes ladder safety is one of the monthly topics along with office ergonomics (I don't work in an office, but thanks for letting me know how to sit at a desk :rolleyes:). And an "empowerment" card that says we can refuse to do any work with "unsafe conditions".

Every month? 😲

I have to watch an online H&S video every year, full of stuff I never have to do. And the normal stuff is aimed at a 16 year-old who’s never been in a workplace before - like how to carry a box. They even repeat clips in slow motion. 😂😂

Surferboy567

With an 80 million dollar budget (if this ends up being the actual number) their is no way it’s just an enchanted tales with belle experience.

...also I know this is Chapek but I doubt he would make a huge deal over a meet and greet. I wonder though why we have no news on this “thing”at this point we should know what it is.

EDIT: Why hasn’t this broken ground yet? I know I asked about this before but now we are in the new year.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom