What Defined the Decade at WDW?

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Was tempted to make this a poll, but there were so many options I couldn't fathom it . . .

I'm curious, what move do you think was the one that best defined WDW in the 2010's?

It doesn't have to be your favorite thing, or even the best thing - what was the thing that, to you, most encapsulates what Walt Disney World was from 2010 to 2019?

Was is the opening of New Fantasyland? Was it the removal of "The Hat" from DHS? The opening of Pandora? The removal of straws? The building of the Skyliner? The addition of so many upcharge events?

The opening of Rise of the Resistance? The construction of so many DVC rooms? The transformation of The Maelstrom to Frozen Ever After? The loss of The Great Movie Ride?

That's just me spitballing, I'll have to think more before I offer my own answer, but as the decade wraps up I'm interested to know what comes to mind for other people. A lot has happened in the World in the past ten years, and I wonder what one action you would point at to paint a picture of what this decade was like in the lifetime of Walt Disney World.

Happy New Year, everyone!

bryanfze55

Even after all the new attractions that were added in the 2010s, in comparison to other Disney resorts around the world, WDW remains a disappointment.

Prices are higher than at any other resort. Maintenance is worse than at any other resort. Worst quick service food (maybe not as bad as Paris, but that is relying on word of mouth as I’ve never been). Standby wait times are significantly greater than at any other Disney resort. Attractions that WDW shares with other resorts are, in most cases, worse at WDW. Just little things, like the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas along the railroad in Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland, make a big difference to me. And WDW just doesn’t do that stuff. Where’s the Fantasmic updates Disneyland got? Where’s the dynamite scene at the end of Big Thunder Mountain? Most of the Hollywood Studios shows haven’t been updated in 25-30 years now. WDW just seems to have no interest in the little details that add to show quality. It’s a shame. WDW nowadays seems to care far more about their hotels than their parks. All that being said, there are still a few experiences you can only get at WDW, so I think it’s still a worthwhile visit. But it’s getting harder to justify in comparison to Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom