News Mickey Shorts Theater Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Bocabear

The whole idea of a Mickey Shorts Theater is ridiculous... Who wants to waste a portion of their very expensive day watching television cartoons? It also sort of ruins the setup of MMRR... which is going into a theater to watch a Mickey cartoon...
lazy lazy lazy...

brb1006

The whole idea of a Mickey Shorts Theater is ridiculous... Who wants to waste a portion of their very expensive day watching television cartoons? It also sort of ruins the setup of MMRR... which is going into a theater to watch a Mickey cartoon...
lazy lazy lazy...
Apparently it's for guests to get familiar with the new shorts before riding the attraction at least according to Jim Hill's Podcast episode that talked about the theater.

Bocabear

That's like building a theater next to Splash Mountain to show Song Of The South on a loop....
I think it is really something to say they have added another attraction for the cost of new carpet and curtains. If you combine that space with the old Superstar Television/ American Idol Experience, there is a lot of space there to work with to do something great....
Even one of the shows from DLP Golden Mickeys...
or perish the thought, an indoor dark ride... Roger Rabbbits CarToon Spin anyone? Turn the Indian Jones area and backside of Echo Lake into a Toontown Mini-land....

Movielover

That's like building a theater next to Splash Mountain to show Song Of The South on a loop....

And that's a bad thing how?

y5UqDi.gif

Cmdr_Crimson

Apparently it's for guests to get familiar with the new shorts before riding the attraction at least according to Jim Hill's Podcast episode that talked about the theater.
But, they have a resort channel that is nothing but a 24 channel with the shorts..

Bocabear

and honestly, the theater art is fine... that's about the best I can say about it... it does the job, but having a Mickey Shorts theater as an attraction in a world class theme park just seems like cheap filler in a park that has had dwindling numbers of rides for the past decade... Glad they have recently added some new things, but they had seriously gotten down to 4 rides in the park...
Basically $25.00 per ride for your admission. lol

peter11435

and honestly, the theater art is fine... that's about the best I can say about it... it does the job, but having a Mickey Shorts theater as an attraction in a world class theme park just seems like cheap filler in a park that has had dwindling numbers of rides for the past decade... Glad they have recently added some new things, but they had seriously gotten down to 4 rides in the park...
Basically $25.00 per ride for your admission. lol
I agree that four rides was far too few but there is much more to a park than just rides. Also there are standalone rides/attractions in the world that cost more than $25

Steph15251

I agree that four rides was far too few but there is much more to a park than just rides. Also there are standalone rides/attractions in the world that cost more than $25
Right now Hollywood studios has ROTR,MRSR,SDD,TSMM,HTH,RRnc,ST,AS,for rides and soon they would have MMRR that would be nine rides in the park.I feel they need to update and replace the shows and maybe just add one or two more rides,but the shows really need to be updated.

Bocabear

I don't think anyone would argue with that!!
Since they won't be building a Carsland or Monstropolous I am hoping they will do an immersive Toontown with a flat ride and a Roger Rabbit CarToon Spin...Mickey and Minnie's houses could be resurrected too. That would make the park feel more finished...

Steph15251

I don't think anyone would argue with that!!
Since they won't be building a Carsland or Monstropolous I am hoping they will do an immersive Toontown with a flat ride and a Roger Rabbit CarToon Spin...Mickey and Minnie's houses could be resurrected too. That would make the park feel more finished...
That is a good idea ,also an Indy mini land would be nice too.

Bocabear

what is there to like? It's TV cartoons on a loop.
If this is something someone would look forward to, you can stay home and watch them for free...
I expect more for my $100 admission...you should too.

Voxel

President of Progress City
lazy lazy lazy...
While I agree it's silly, but didn't people riot at Disneyland when they turned the Main Street Theatre (which shows Mickey Mouse Cartoons all day) into a store. This would imply there is some sort of demand to see this stuff.

Bocabear

While I agree it's silly, but didn't people riot at Disneyland when they turned the Main Street Theatre (which shows Mickey Mouse Cartoons all day) into a store. This would imply there is some sort of demand to see this stuff.
ACTUALLY the riot was over changing a theater....that was part of the period storytelling of Main Street, into a shop....The theater was part of the fabric of the Main Street set dressing...A turn of the century town complete with it's silent movie theater...
makes sense...
A Mickey Shorts theater next door to a Giant Movie Palace makes no sense whatsoever...and again, just reads "Cheap filler"...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom