Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

OG Runner

Question for y'all: I want to watch a friend run the marathon down Main Street. I don't need to see them start or finish the race. What is the best way for me to get from Coronado to Magic Kingdom around 6 a.m.?

I assume Disney busses won't be running that early (MK doesn't open until 9). Will I run into road-closure problems if I try to take an Uber to the Contemporary?

The buses may be running. I know they have extended schedules during the race weekend. Some people also go over to Epcot and then
take the monorail over. Depending on how fast your friend runs, the portion of the race, in the Magic Kingdom is around the 9 to 10 mile mark this year, instead of the 5 to 6 mile mark, so you will have a little extra time.

OG Runner

I have a bit of a problem with the course just from a mental standpoint. The corrals go off about every 7 to 10 minutes. Given that,
there will be people that have not even started the race, when other runners would be coming by the 4 mile mark. Also, again with
the loop back from Animal Kingdom, passing runners either a few miles ahead or behind you. I know this may just be me, but it is
one of the things I hated about the up and back, down a side street they had around mile 11 in the last few years.

Texas84

Okay, I know I am going to regret asking, (because you actually made me go back and look at the map again), but where
do you see we get "carrots"?
On the map
carrots.png

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I do not see that on my copy of the map, but it is funny as hell!!!
It shows up in the interactive map that shows all routes from all four races.

https://guide.rundisney.events/maps/

Look there the zoom in!

My usual Corral F for the Half
I’m F as well according to the Dopey chart, look forward to seeing you again! (I’ll still be the tall one 😁). I could have sworn I submitted a 2:44 half before the deadline, but oh well not like E would have much less crowd zigzagging anyway!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It shows up in the interactive map that shows all routes from all four races.

https://guide.rundisney.events/maps/

Look there the zoom in!

I’m F as well according to the Dopey chart, look forward to seeing you again! (I’ll still be the tall one 😁). I could have sworn I submitted a 2:44 half before the deadline, but oh well not like E would have much less crowd zigzagging anyway!

What, you didn't shrink an inch or two since November?

Figment82

The typical F for me as well.

Does anyone know if there are changing areas at the finish line? I know there used to be, but looking at the map, I’m unsure if the designated restrooms are just a cluster of porta-potties, or if there is something more.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The typical F for me as well.

Does anyone know if there are changing areas at the finish line? I know there used to be, but looking at the map, I’m unsure if the designated restrooms are just a cluster of porta-potties, or if there is something more.

There's the runners retreat, but you have to pay for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom