Disneyland's Rise Of The Resistance - Reviews, Criticism, Deep Thoughts

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I asked a couple of CMs if it was testing at this point and what not. They were both talking like it was from a script "sir it opens January 17th". I clarified my question and again they said "it opens January 17th". I almost took it as an insult that I can't understand them or something LOL.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I asked a couple of CMs if it was testing at this point and what not. They were both talking like it was from a script "sir it opens January 17th". I clarified my question and again they said "it opens January 17th". I almost took it as an insult that I can't understand them or something LOL.

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

SuddenStorm

Yes, it's testing. A friend of mine who sweeps at the resort has ridden it. When I asked if he could smuggle a friend on (me), he laughed.

SuddenStorm

I'll be swinging by the park later tonight. Perhaps I'll check if they're testing today, and can maybe finally confirm an opening date for us.

tirian

It’s kind of annoying that we have to pick certain seats or sections on rides now to accomodate some of the newer flawed technology i.e the middle section on Soarin Around the World or the Eiffel Tower is crooked. I realize its hard to avoid as there are sometimes very few ways (Or only one way) to pull off an effect or just something like the illusion of being in space. Even though I think the classics like POTC and HM will never be topped I also concede that they need to keep pushing the envelope technologically. As great as POTC is, I’m not sure if a similar attraction released today would still receive the same appreciation. Currently, attractions like ROTR and Shanghai Pirates are the best we can hope for when it comes to E tickets a la POTC with great scope and scale but pretty good tech too. The marriage still isn’t perfect but I imagine one day it will be.

Something that makes the old classics like POTC and HM so great is because they stick to practical effects for the most part and stick to one medium to tell the story. It’s the consistency that keeps us locked into the world they re presenting. On newer rides with more “advanced tech” or where they have to use a screen for whatever reason it immediately takes one out of the suspension of disbelief. For example seeing huge AT ATs but then immediately before or after going into a room with 4 stormtroopers on screens. Or going between two huge ships on Shangai Pirates only to see Jack and Davy Jones dueling on a screen. IMO you should at all costs keep the integrity of the entire “show” before one action scene that someone may think is 100% necessary to include. There didn’t have to be a dueling scene. And if there did, then they should find a way to make dueling AAs be convincing enough.
Disneyland Paris did it in the 90s.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Emails go out to salaried employees when it’s testing. But the big line of people along the showbuilding once you enter the Winston gate is a dead giveaway. I waited in line nearly an hour, but it broke... Going to keep trying!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom