Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Animaniac93-98

I have to say, I’m a bit surprised to see SWGE on such a grand scale while Marvel is kinda “phoned in”. Marvel makes more money for the company and looks to continue to do so...

It's extremely frustrating that Disney isn't interested in topping what Universal did 20 years ago.

Cosmic Rewind and the unnamed Avengers E-ticket are the only rides that might.

Phroobar

I believe that is the new back of house building that is being built on top of the land previously used by the motors for the Luigi‘s flying tires attraction.

It will be interesting to see how its themed to fit the view from Carsland.
What do you mean "back of house building"? What is that?

Ismael Flores

supposedly the expansion pad is being re-organized to allow room for the Avengers show building and there is also need for a building that will be used by castmembers and offices. This seems to be that building-so basically a backstage building for park operations

Phroobar

supposedly the expansion pad is being re-organized to allow room for the Avengers show building and there is also need for a building that will be used by castmembers and offices. This seems to be that building-so basically a backstage building for park operations
Gotcha. Thanks. That confused me a little.

Phroobar

When did Wall Street demand a star wars land?
I think these guys did.
star-wars-invade-wall-street.jpg

MistaDee

And yet, they didn’t use an established place lol.

While they didn't use a specific place, Galaxy's Edge undeniably shares a distinctive sense of place/atmosphere/universe with the film's.

The Marvel movies, set primarily in the contemporary world or relatively generic CGI fantasy/space environments, are much harder to distill into a themed land.

I think that's why we Disney made star wars a major expansion, creating a land from the bottom up, whereas Marvel has been hacked together with repurposed attractions and stand alone buildings.

BrianLo

Original Poster
When did Wall Street demand a star wars land?

It was a pretty frequent conference call and financial trades item that Universal was doing gangbusters with Harry Potter and when was Disney going to follow suite with ‘X’. Which Bob and Staggs initially decreed was Avatar. Until 13 months later when ‘Wall Street’ immediately said, so you are building a Harry Potter Star Wars land now, right?

The board even rejected early plans as being not ambitious enough.

Keep in mind Star Wars was very much the bigger franchise at the time. Of course Avengers didn’t actually blow up until the following Spring.

I think the Universal licensing agreement also has played its problematic role in this all.

Mike S

While they didn't use a specific place, Galaxy's Edge undeniably shares a distinctive sense of place/atmosphere/universe with the film's.

The Marvel movies, set primarily in the contemporary world or relatively generic CGI fantasy/space environments, are much harder to distill into a themed land.

I think that's why we Disney made star wars a major expansion, creating a land from the bottom up, whereas Marvel has been hacked together with repurposed attractions and stand alone buildings.
This is why I made the point earlier in this thread that maybe they would’ve been better off doing big singular attractions like the Avengers E Ticket and Cosmic Rewind at Epcot. Clearly they don’t care to put in real effort for a whole land so why not just focus on one big attraction.

On Star Wars I was being tongue in cheek.

britain

This is why I made the point earlier in this thread that maybe they would’ve been better off doing big singular attractions like the Avengers E Ticket and Cosmic Rewind at Epcot. Clearly they don’t care to put in real effort for a whole land so why not just focus on one big attraction.

On Star Wars I was being tongue in cheek.

At first glance, I would say Marvel is so expansive in terms of locations and storylines, they'd be wiser to pick & choose Marvel characters to adapt into attractions for lands & parks they'd already 'blend' into, rather than building some sort of singular Marvel Park that tries to cram them all in. Just like how Pixar attractions are placed in areas that suit them "reasonably" well - rather than a Pixar park.

However, reality is just more complicated than that.

• There is no Spidey appropriate New York area other than Streets of America (now gone and in MarveLESS WDW) and TDS American Waterfront (wrong time).
• Soarin's semi-military-esque area has become all national park, so no Cap opportunities there
• The powers that be deemed the nerdiest girl (EPCOT) go to prom with the coolest guy (GotG) even though she doesn't actually like him. GotG could have been a fine Tomorrowland or Studios addition.
• You COULD put Black Panther in Africa and Dr. Strange in Asia at DAK (if some deal was struck with Universal) but that sure would seem like a corruption of that park's soul.

Besides, they just did make a Pixar 'land,' so I suppose they're just going about this differently.

Last edited:

Mike S

At first glance, I would say Marvel is so expansive in terms of locations and storylines, they'd be wiser to pick & choose Marvel characters to adapt into attractions for lands & parks they'd already 'blend' into, rather than building some sort of singular Marvel Park that tries to cram them all in. Just like how Pixar attractions are placed in areas that suit them "reasonably" well - rather than a Pixar park.

• There is no Spidey appropriate New York area other than Streets of America (now gone and in MarveLESS WDW) and TDS American Waterfront (wrong time).
• Soarin's semi-military-esque area has become all national park, so no Cap opportunities there
• The powers that be deemed the nerdiest girl (EPCOT) go to prom with the coolest guy (GotG) even though she doesn't actually like him. GotG could have been a fine Tomorrowland or Studios addition.
• I'm sure you COULD put Black Panther in Africa and Dr. Strange in Asia at DAK (even if some deal was struck with Universal) but that sure would seem like a corruption of that park's soul.

Besides, they just did make a Pixar 'land,' so I suppose they're just going about this differently.
Have them all in the Avengers ride and put the M&Gs around it.

Done.

nevol

• You COULD put Black Panther in Africa and Dr. Strange in Asia at DAK (if some deal was struck with Universal) but that sure would seem like a corruption of that park's soul.

Tony stark's house hovering above hollywoodland/rockwork forced perspective entrance from parade route a la beast castle at wdw. could become a point of departure for a ride that goes anywhere, eve wakanda.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom