News Disney’s DuckTales World Showcase Adventure Announced for Play Disney Parks Mobile App at Epcot

FigmentJedi

I don’t personally have a duck or a platypus in this fight but with the new phinieus & ferb content for Disney+ it seems like interesting timing to make the change.
It's just one more movie and with how Milo Murphy's Law basically got killed off by horrible scheduling, I think the franchise is done after it comes out.

WhatJaneSays

Oh, thank goodness. Not that my family doesn't love Agent P (and Phineas & Ferb in general ) we've done it ... a lot. DuckTales is a great fit.

No Name

Dumb decision. Phineas and Ferb is far more popular and that isn’t changing. You can go look it up on google trends. Oh well.

It’d be a good fit in the imagination pavilion too. The best fit aside from Figment. Too bad that never happened.

DoleWhipDrea

I can’t wait for Ducktales to come to World showcase! I loved the original series as a kid, and the new series is even better. I think a lot of guests (with or without kids) are going to love playing this together.

Kman101

That's the only place I played it (because heat), and I agree. It was a fun experience! I was pleasantly surprised.

The neat thing about this attraction is they really just have to take the same locations and unscrew the P&F statues and replace em with ducktales. It's honestly a genius idea.

It really is. I liked the Phineas and Ferb version (I never played it myself but watched someone who did) but I'm all in on the DuckTales version. I can't wait for it. I'm so glad it's finally officially confirmed. We've all known about it for a while.

FigmentJedi

Dumb decision. Phineas and Ferb is far more popular and that isn’t changing. You can go look it up on google trends. Oh well.

It’d be a good fit in the imagination pavilion too. The best fit aside from Figment. Too bad that never happened.
It was never actually gonna replace Imagination. They just wanted to use the old Camera Shop/Figment Meet and Greet building near the fountains as a headquarters for the Agent P game instead of Innoventions.

Also, DuckTales stars characters that have been popular for generations, it's much more future proof then Phineas and Ferb.

No Name

The Ducktales reboot is amazing, give it a try.

I never said I dislike DuckTales. Just that P&F is statistically more popular. No personal opinion there.

It was never actually gonna replace Imagination. They just wanted to use the old Camera Shop/Figment Meet and Greet building near the fountains as a headquarters for the Agent P game instead of Innoventions.

Also, DuckTales stars characters that have been popular for generations, it's much more future proof then Phineas and Ferb.

I never said Disney had plans for it to replace imagination, it‘s just been discussed in theory.

As to your second paragraph, that’s a matter of opinion. I think P&H is more future-proof and will remain even more popular for generations.

Last edited:

brb1006

I never said I dislike DuckTales. Just that P&F is statistically more popular. No personal opinion there.

I never said Disney had plans for it to replace imagination, it‘s just been discussed in theory.

As to your second paragraph, that’s a matter of opinion. I think P&H is more future-proof and will remain even more popular for generations.
But Ducktales is more timeless.

FigmentJedi

Donald Duck and his nephews have been around for over 80 years. Scrooge McDuck has been around for 70 years. In that time, the Ducks have become international cultural institutions through their adventures in film and print, especially in Europe. Duck comics are the biggest sellers in many European markets, especially Italy and Scandinavia, to the point where Donald Duck's only rivals in comics overall are Superman, Batman, Spider-Man and Wolverine. Every Christmas, Swedish people watch the old Walt-era Christmas special "From All of Us to All of You", which just gets referred to as "Christmas with Donald Duck". The Finnish metal band Nightwish made an album based on the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck that became a top seller in the country for months. Scandinavian Dungeons and Dragons added a Duck Race.
Osamu Tezuka, the manga artist often credited in establishing many parts of the anime style, took a lot of inspiration from Carl Barks and his Duck books in addition to Disney in general, so all anime can basically be traced to Scrooge. George Lucas and Steven Spielberg based the opening of Raiders of the Lost Ark on various Scrooge McDuck comic books. Scientists actually tried a method of raising sunken ships using ping-pong balls because they read it in a Donald Duck comic and it worked.

Could keep rambling on about people's passion for cartoon ducks, but there's a reason why the original Ducktales is so fondly remembered and why the reboot became a hit. Phineas and Ferb was a great show, but its time has mostly passed and Ducks are eternal and that is not an opinion.

The Grand Inquisitor

I love Phineas and Ferb and consider it one of the greatest cartoons ever made. But Agent P's time has passed. I definitely think Phineas and Ferb could have a future in the Disney parks though!!!!

No Name

Donald Duck and his nephews have been around for over 80 years. Scrooge McDuck has been around for 70 years. In that time, the Ducks have become international cultural institutions through their adventures in film and print, especially in Europe. Duck comics are the biggest sellers in many European markets, especially Italy and Scandinavia, to the point where Donald Duck's only rivals in comics overall are Superman, Batman, Spider-Man and Wolverine. Every Christmas, Swedish people watch the old Walt-era Christmas special "From All of Us to All of You", which just gets referred to as "Christmas with Donald Duck". The Finnish metal band Nightwish made an album based on the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck that became a top seller in the country for months. Scandinavian Dungeons and Dragons added a Duck Race.
Osamu Tezuka, the manga artist often credited in establishing many parts of the anime style, took a lot of inspiration from Carl Barks and his Duck books in addition to Disney in general, so all anime can basically be traced to Scrooge. George Lucas and Steven Spielberg based the opening of Raiders of the Lost Ark on various Scrooge McDuck comic books. Scientists actually tried a method of raising sunken ships using ping-pong balls because they read it in a Donald Duck comic and it worked.

Could keep rambling on about people's passion for cartoon ducks, but there's a reason why the original Ducktales is so fondly remembered and why the reboot became a hit. Phineas and Ferb was a great show, but its time has mostly passed and Ducks are eternal and that is not an opinion.

I‘m impressed with your plethora of cartoon duck knowledge but you’re using it to support an opinion. A well argued one though. But an opinion nonetheless. We’ll talk again in seven or so years and see where everything’s at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom