News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

BoarderPhreak

Nice to see Disney coming clean and actually alerting resort guests about the 6am opening now.

Also good to see how Disney's been adjusting their strategy as the days tick by. Limiting digital/MDE FP to exclude ROTR, reducing the number of boarding groups, I think fewer people in those groups as well? Definitely a rocky start, but it seems like once the kinks are worked out, it should at least do 1,400/hour.

tirian

Eek. 2500 park hoppers. They might want to update the system to keep guest who already ride today from getting the free pass. That seems excessive. Personally, I don’t think anyone should be able to get multiple boarding groups in one day when 2500 guests with groups are turned away (and at least 10,000 more without).

Still, it’s the right thing to do when someone has spent an entire day wandering around a park with limited attractions, waiting for one ride to open.

Do you think anyone will admit they should’ve waited until the attraction had been tested and debugged? Do you think they’ll take it as a learning opportunity or fire some poor programmer? We already know the execs won’t take responsibility, but between increased labor and the comp tickets, Disney is losing a lot of money to have this “open” for Christmas 2019.

Yet again, I’ll give credit where it’s due. They’re handling the boarding groups and comp procedures extremely well. Feels like classic Disney guest service. :)

tirian

Nice to see Disney coming clean and actually alerting resort guests about the 6am opening now.

Also good to see how Disney's been adjusting their strategy as the days tick by. Limiting digital/MDE FP to exclude ROTR, reducing the number of boarding groups, I think fewer people in those groups as well? Definitely a rocky start, but it seems like once the kinks are worked out, it should at least do 1,400/hour.

That’s so low for an attraction with this kind of demand. Sheesh. Indy Jones and Dinosaur average 1800. A mere 400 x 12 hours = 4800 additional guests.

ToTBellHop

Still, it’s the right thing to do when someone has spent an entire day wandering around a park with limited attractions, waiting for one ride to open.

Do you think anyone will admit they should’ve waited until the attraction had been tested and debugged? Do you think they’ll take it as a learning opportunity or fire some poor programmer? We already know the execs won’t take responsibility, but between increased labor and the comp tickets, Disney is losing a lot of money to have this “open” for Christmas 2019.

Yet again, I’ll give credit where it’s due. They’re handling the boarding groups and comp procedures extremely well. Feels like classic Disney guest service. :)
I would hazard a guess that the 35000 guests who have ridden are happy it’s open.

BoarderPhreak

That’s so low for an attraction with this kind of demand. Sheesh. Indy Jones and Dinosaur average 1800. A mere 400 x 12 hours = 4800 additional guests.
I think @marni1971 quoted a theoretical 1,700/hour, which yeah, is still fairly low.

I know in my own experience doing ROTR a bunch of times is that it wears on you a little... The actual ride is only 4:30 but the overall 18:00 needs to be streamlined a little.

Disney's reaction right now is to open the ride, keep it running as much as possible and mitigate bad press/guest experience in any way, and as quickly as they can. They're already cutting back on that in some ways (e.g. limited digital/MDE FP). The bonus PH is nice, but essentially costs them nothing and returning guests spend money. So, win-win.

disneygeek90

I think @marni1971 quoted a theoretical 1,700/hour, which yeah, is still fairly low.

I know in my own experience doing ROTR a bunch of times is that it wears on you a little... The actual ride is only 4:30 but the overall 18:00 needs to be streamlined a little.

Disney's reaction right now is to open the ride, keep it running as much as possible and mitigate bad press/guest experience in any way, and as quickly as they can. They're already cutting back on that in some ways (e.g. limited digital/MDE FP). The bonus PH is nice, but essentially costs them nothing and returning guests spend money. So, win-win.
I have no problems with the 18 min overall. In fact, I found the storytelling and cohesiveness near perfect. Having a pre show that’s actually enjoyable is a difficult task. This one blew me away and I would welcome it each time.

BoarderPhreak

I have no problems with the 18 min overall. In fact, I found the storytelling and cohesiveness near perfect. Having a pre show that’s actually enjoyable is a difficult task. This one blew me away and I would welcome it each time.
I don't necessarily disagree; it's very cool, very immersive and very well done. I guess I was just a little burned out after four rides in one day.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Son up at 430 am. Uber to Swan at 5am. Walked to the Studios. In park by 6am. Board group 19. Called at 730. Off Resistance at 815 am. Resistance went
Down and Evacuated shortly after. The cast was Passing out water chips and bananas to those stuck in line. Hours later around noon they had only gone from 19 To 39 group. Poor people yet the cast my son said was upbeat.

They did scan his MB after enabling him to try for another slot if he wished. Glad they adjusted that from other attractions protocol as so many had been tapping in and adding a later time slot for RotR

Our opinion is if ever an attraction could have benefited from a soft opening RotR is it.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

They are dumping the queue. We’re getting a FastPass to return later.
since you were in the hangar how did they exit you? did you go back through the ITTS shuttle or a exit that you right out to the park? i am curious because if they have to evac that ruins the imersion they have set up with the shuttle just to exit you out a side door like a movie theater has.

Oh bother!

DB80F570-E6BF-46DC-A2BD-B0BFA84F574B.jpeg
Sorry if I’ve missed it and this was already posted but just got back from after hours and found this update for EMHs posted through our door

KevinPage

Unknowing sheep being led to slaughter or will they get lucky.

Stay tuned
Same bat time . . .

Well since everyone has to use MDE at same time, theoretically I should be able to get a not too far late in the day boarding pass.

BUT I have a FP from not being able to board last night, so I’m getting on at least 1x before we bail and rest at home, sitting on coach and doing literally nothing but breathing and eating 🤩🤩🤩

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom