Trip Report 'Tis the Season to be Jolly... at WDW! 🎄 - Live- *COMPLETED*

Hello and Welcome Disney Friends!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another adventure is about to begin for Frank and me, starting tomorrow!
We are very excited, for this is our favorite time of the year at our favorite place in the World! We've been looking forward to this trip since we booked it back in January.

When: Dec 1 -Dec 9
Where: Bay Lake Tower
Who: Frank and Nunu

The last few days have been crazy, my friends, like they always are for us (mostly me!) trying to get everything in order here at home, including leaving my beloved turtle Domenica 🐢 under JC's care. You don't want to know how that went with her in the car today, she was trying to get out of her "house" while I was driving! And to make things more nerve wracking, Frank had to travel to Mexico this morning and I was afraid that something might delay him and that, could've complicated our departure tomorrow morning.

Fortunately, he landed an hour ago, so things are looking good so far, phew!

Frank and me, last December
20191111_154449.jpg

Our immediate plans are:
Fly tomorrow into Miami, lunch at Aventura Mall (between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale) buy some necessities and stay the night.

Sunday morning we drive from there into Orlando. Those who followed us on our April/May trip, might remember about our highway scare, so this time around, we're hoping to check-in at our WDW Home, without any incidents at around 10am.
Wish us luck! 🤞😊

Thank you for choosing to read along, you're all delightful to have around, and we're happy and grateful for your company! Feel free to comment or ask, I'll do my best to keep you posted as much as I can. I'm an 🦉 so expect some late night posts. 😄

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
After Pooh, I checked the wait time for SM. 45mins. We decided to make this, our last ride for the day. I don't know what got into me today, because I still haven't lost my bravado about riding. There's something about the drop on this ride that freaks me out!
20191206_194453.jpg

Too late to back down, now...
20191207_002557.jpg

I'm so glad I rode! I've forgotten how charming this ride is! The drop was actually a lot of fun. I remembered it being so much worse! Funny how your mind and memory play tricks with you!
20191207_002624.jpg

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Back at our resort, we picked our refillable mugs from our room and, on our way for coffee, something caught our eye... the arcade!

Frank and me are huge pinball machine fans, and this place has 5, which is rare to find at Disney resorts these days. Fun!
20191207_000841.jpg

20191206_215313.jpg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
There was something we wanted to do before calling it a day, visit the Contemporary Christmas Tree at night. I remember reading somewhere, that this is the tallest Christmas Tree on WDW property.
20191206_220137.jpg

Look how tall and big this is. Frank looks tiny! Well, we're not the tallest folks around, but still...😄
20191207_001212.jpg

The ornaments are a lot bigger than a basketball.
20191207_001056.jpg

We're glad we got to see this up-close and not just look at it from afar when we drive-by it.
20191206_220648.jpg

This was a perfect way for us, to end another great day! :happy:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Hope today is better for you, and remember, when things get tough, there's always coffee to save the day! ☕😉

It didn’t start better, but then it did get better. Woke up to find no WiFi (had to read posts on my phone with my coffee ☹️) only to realize there was no telephone or tv either. Hmmm. Did one of the cats manage to knock out the power cord? No, one of the cats ate the power cord AND the optic fiber cable (sorry, this might be a bad translation). But luckily for the cat, she gets a stay of execution on one of her lives because the phone company gave me new cables for free 😀

And you are so right Nunu, a coffee would hit the spot right now 😉

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Back at our resort, we picked our refillable mugs from our room and, on our way for coffee, something caught our eye... the arcade!

Frank and me are huge pinball machine fans, and this place has 5, which is rare to find at Disney resorts these days. Fun!
View attachment 431102
View attachment 431103

So cool! I like playing pinball too, there doesn't seem to be too many machines around anymore.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry to hear that. We gambled that they’d secretly open early and arrived a little after 7. We must’ve just missed you guys on our way out!
Glad you made it! 😀

I'm confused about logistics for this ride. We relied only on Disney's published schedules and had no idea about any secret/surprise early openings.

It's with things like these, that I wonder what seniors, families with small children, or foreigners do? 🤔

Loco_driver

Glad you made it! 😀

I'm confused about logistics for this ride. We relied only on Disney's published schedules and had no idea about any secret/surprise early openings.

It's with things like these, that I wonder what seniors, families with small children, or foreigners do? 🤔
Unfortunately they often times miss out. I’m not a fan of the system either. I wish they would’ve just waited until they knew the ride was ready to go.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom