News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

Here are even more updated impressions now that I’m home and had some additional time to reflect.

(MAY CONTAIN SOME MINOR SPOILERS)

RE: music and dialogue in the attraction (and it’s affect on GE as a whole)

1. The combination of OT & current trilogy music is a brilliant touch. I mentioned previously about the Death Star trench run music that is played during your escape pod scene on the ride, but the music pumps you up as you board the Resistance transport, then when you are captured, the ominous sounds of the stormtrooper garrison.

This creates this wonderful chemical reaction in my brain as if I’m watching the films. Lucas always said that John Williams music was the secret sauce to SW and that proves it in this attraction in spades.

I love once you board the trackless vehicle and Lt Bek says “tell them it’s a prisoner transport”, in a commanding yet slightly nervous tone. There’s just something about that line of dialogue that makes me feel part of something more than any other attraction I’ve been on. I’m sure the upbeat “chase” musical cues play a big role in that too.

2. For those that felt the lack of theme music in the land made it feel lifeless (not something that was an issue for me as I agreed with the design choice), RotR actually helps alleviate much of this. After experiencing the ride, you are on such an adrenaline rush, as if you watched the climatic finale of a movie (BUT YOU WERE PHYSICALLY INVOLVED IN IT), to come back to a calmer and more serene forest setting is the perfect counter balance and reprive your mind needs.

Plus over the past months since the grand opening, they have added music and radio chatter to the market/Ronto Roasters, music as enter the land and generally more ambient noises and sounds of vehicles “hustling & bustling” as if this was a spaceport.

They also recently started using Kylo’s ship for a little stage performance, along with more stormtroopers overlooking the land across from from the Droid Depot.

So in conclusion, RotR, along with some minor tweaking has really brought GE as a whole into a much more complete entity that we envisioned/desired. The only remaining element would be some droids and aliens roaming around, something that is a switch they could flip at any moment 🤩🤩🤩

Disneyhead'71

Have you been upset every day for the last 2.5 years when Animal Kingdom lets people on FoP before park opening? As long as all parties are dealt the same cards (which they are), then what’s to complain about?
When was the last time they maxed out FoP's capacity for the day before the announced park opening time.

As far as I know that has never happened.

Lirael

Back to the ride itself, I'm curious if this has broken down less than Hagrid or if the use of virtual cues has managed to lessen the impact of it to the point that it feels like it broke down less

AshaNeOmah

feeling entitled

Why do you keep saying this? Nowhere have I said I should have got to ride from 500 miles away. I've just said it's bad business and dishonest for Disney to treat their resort guests poorly. You're apparently just fine with not informing guests about accurate operating hours or transportation procedures. I hope you don't try to check park hours or bus schedules next time you're vacationing.

Tom Morrow

This is a mess. Hopefully it dies down a little after this weekend. Not being able to queue up because you didn’t arrive BEFORE the park even opens is ridiculous. And I thought Universal’s handling of Hagrid’s has been bad. I guess the real test will be if it’s still like this after the new year.

Like, I don’t care if I reserve a time and then still have to wait three hours in the line. Just let me queue up.

AshaNeOmah

You know someone is a real Pixie-duster when they defend Disney telling everyone that the park opens at 9am and proceeding to max out the daily capacity for their new attraction by 8:10am.

And refuse to at least acknowledge it's a bad and unfair practice. I've been posting in this topic for a few hours and I'm still dumbfounded it's gone on this long.

flynnibus

Premium Member
? No one is demanding above, they're want at least equal. Resort guests got treated below "the masses" as you call them

They got the same access everyone else did. You suggested staying in a disney resort should have given them something more to mean their 'investment'. That is demanding something above what other people had. They weren't treated any less than anyone else.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Back to the ride itself, I'm curious if this has broken down less than Hagrid or if the use of virtual cues has managed to lessen the impact of it to the point that it feels like it broke down less

This is one of the huge benefits of the VQ... it minimizes the people immediately impacted by downtime. And since it's not causing sacrifices to be in line or in the queue (besides being in the park to enter the queue).. guests have less on the line.

Less stress = less noise

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So...then... What should Disney have done when there are thousands more people that want to ride a ride than the ride can handle?

How would any of you do things differently that would not result in people camping out or parked along a highway waiting to crash the gate at more and more ridiculously advanced wait times, which would exclude guests with children from ever riding it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom