News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

Considering almost all restaurants and major FP are gone 1 month before our trip In January makes it more than an assumption. That would be considered a fact. Something sorely lacking from many of these discussions.
Exactly. I can still almost never find a FoP Fastpass a month out and the attraction has been open over a year and a half. With ROTR I feel it will be even worse.

disneygeek90

It was at 44 or 46 by noon yesterday. It’s having a rough day today but those next day FPs are a serious problem. The ride really can’t support them.
Can you tell if the ride is having lots of downtime or if the volume of people is just causing the boarding group progress to slow?

POTC

Does anyone have a guess on how they will handle this Sunday? It’s the first day with EMH so I’m curious if they will open early or stick to the 8am EMH and 9am opening.

Disney Analyst

Is it not similar to RnR having a preshow? Honest question, because that has a single rider line before the pre show that jumbles queue up so i assumed a single rider line for this was also possible

I mean. There isn’t much of a line after the transport ship. with RnR the line can still be long after the preshow, so sometimes single rider is a benefit. Although sometimes it is not.

they could definitely offer a single rider line after the shuttle in the hallway. There are already separate lines setup.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Most Resort guests clearly didn't get that advantage unless they were up and at the bus stop over 5 hours (8:15 AM - 3 AM) earlier than the posted bus operating time. I can't believe you think that's reasonable.

Here's a thought... stop acting like Resort Guests are the most important people on the planet.

Obviously NO ONE got huge preference in this opening model as they kept everyone in the dark. Resort Guests are gonna have to have some skin in the game here too with this opening.. not just be carried in on litters.

Tom Morrow

With the boarding pass system, won't resort guests have an advantage on EMH mornings since they will already be in the park?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'd be more concerned if hotel guests can't talk to their resort CMs and get accurate information about when and where they will be allowed into the park. I don't care if Disney doesn't run the buses for them or not (I do, but that's not the deal breaker).. I think its most important that now that the ride is open, Disney give ACCURATE information when it's ready.

They don't need to say what it will be in 3 weeks, but if it's 9pm tonight, I want to know when and where I can be at the park tomorrow morning.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'd be more concerned if hotel guests can't talk to their resort CMs and get accurate information about when and where they will be allowed into the park. I don't care if Disney doesn't run the buses for them or not (I do, but that's not the deal breaker).. I think its most important that now that the ride is open, Disney give ACCURATE information when it's ready.

They don't need to say what it will be in 3 weeks, but if it's 9pm tonight, I want to know when and where I can be at the park tomorrow morning.
I think that is a very reasonable expectation.

Ripken10

Considering almost all restaurants and major FP are gone 1 month before our trip In January makes it more than an assumption. That would be considered a fact. Something sorely lacking from many of these discussions.
Once again incorrect. That does not make it a fact. Many more variables at play than that. You are still making an assumption.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
No - I'm saying that no matter how many tests you do in a control environment, you will always have issues when the technology is opened to constant use in a real world environment. There will be issues, down time and aggravation, but the payoff when it works - which will be the majority of the time - makes up for it. Disney is pushing the envelope of ride design. There will be bumps along the way.
I just get the feeling that people expect everything to be 100% fine 100% of the time. That never happens.

I am ok with unexpected outages of a new ride, but insiders have reported that Imagineering knew the ride wasn't ready to open, but management opened it anyway.

socaljoeyb

100% agree!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom